[Build Log] -------- "MONOCHROME" --------

Jameswalt1

So after disappearing for a little of over a month (my wife gave birth...) I'm back!

I'm back with a little something different - a video overview of the Hex Gear R40 case. I've never done one of these kinds of videos before so cut me a little slack :)

Hope you enjoy, and from here the build will be moving full steam ahead!

Congrats on the kid!

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Don't lie to me and tell me you've never made a video like this, its awesome. Your hand movement seems akward sometimes but damn, you should really continue making videos and maybe even ask for some samples

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

No wonder why they called themselves hexgear. they do love dem hexagons.

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

Thanks for the feedback guys!

GoN6rUK.jpg

Here are the Darkside LED strips I'll be using. LOVE THESE THINGS. Modular, compact, and bright - IMO there is no substitute on the market. The example pics at the end are just using a single 7.5 inch strip!

Performance PC also started carrying the strips and modular kits a couple of weeks ago :)

o2YY66n.jpg

6H7pj1J.jpg

F4HWlPD.jpg

d8nvKAC.jpg

vzv2q32.jpg

TDoZM1T.jpg

qeUEyTL.jpg

VdCWkLR.jpg

Y1MmnWk.jpg

lSWb1m4.jpg

SsChZ2l.jpg

gjBDOK7.jpg

45II6pi.jpg

iXY7gWH.jpg

rnxYSjk.jpg

T2A65zU.jpg

EumPWla.jpg

Those last four pictures are so sexy

or it could be that the lights are out in that room

The lights are off, but regardless they are very very bright compared to other options on the market like bitfenix alchemy's for example. The single 7.5 inch strip in these photo examples is far far brighter than a single 12 inch alchemy strip with a much smaller footprint.

GoN6rUK.jpg

Alright ladies and gents, this is the last "product feature" update for the log (besides cables later). Upcoming updates will be loop progress and a fast finish for the build...

Care package from Canada... Darkside rads from DazMode! If you recall I previously discovered I'd need thinner radiators, so Darkside came through big time and even threw in a bonus 120mm rad. Not sure if I'll be able to use it as it may make the loop too complicated but man the little guy is cute :)

These rads come in at a staggeringly skinny 27mm and are perfect when you need a thinner rad. To be honest I prefer skinny radiators in general - I'm not a fan in the slightest of "monsta" rads and the like - I think they are ugly unless hidden. For me ~45mm is tops.

Check out these cute buggers!

DIRx4Yp.jpg

mAoLJqp.jpg

nRlc6zC.jpg

tIyZzlW.jpg

DMPeyYi.jpg

87H2gzv.jpg

ML6M7qM.jpg

ZKMDaNZ.jpg

YrMJ0sF.jpg

VfSantj.jpg

NZQDLtR.jpg

yH7A7EP.jpg

ghIqb7i.jpg

wow the price of this build.....

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

I thought you were crazy when you said the rads were cute, but then i saw them myself...

Thats absolutely adorable

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

• 2 months later...

Why no updates? I wanna see your epic build D: