[Build Log] -------- "MONOCHROME" --------

Jameswalt1

Thanks guys! Build will start chugging along now, just been busy with work.

Next step is planning the loop, then bending and fitting the copper tube, of which then needs nickel plated. While the tube I being plated I will plan the wiring, cut the pump and fan wires to custom lengths etc...

Waiting in the acrylic color pack from Hex Gear also to replace the white acrylic panels (with silver). Once received I will also make a video about the case, and build.

Hey, im watercooling soon, want to do nickel plated copper.

How do you nickel plate copper? Send it to a a place? How much it cost?

BTW, just watched robocop yesterday (original one)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Hey, im watercooling soon, want to do nickel plated copper.

How do you nickel plate copper? Send it to a a place? How much it cost?

BTW, just watched robocop yesterday (original one)

http://www.instructables.com/id/High-Quality-and-safe-Nickel-Plating/?ALLSTEPS

Eh? Maybe

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

This is going to be an insane build. Pretty jealous, but it's looking amazing! Can't wait for this build to be complete.

Love your build. Maybe do video tutorials/build logs so whoever wants to build the same thing can refer to the video. Again really love the build

loving that titan z custom :D

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

Where is the front I/O in this case? Is there no USB2/3 at the front? Curious cause I only saw a button at the front which I presume is a power button

Where is the front I/O in this case? Is there no USB2/3 at the front? Curious cause I only saw a button at the front which I presume is a power button

There is no front I/O.

The case is meant to be minimalistic or simplistic as Hex-Gear says and I guess this is the reason. Check it out here http://www.hex-gear.com/product/r40-2/

And yes, it's a power button.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates, work is killing me right now. Plus my wife is supposed to be giving birth any day... :D

Here's a couple of quick verbal updates:

I ran into two small issues, in reverse ATX the Titan Z's sag like crazy - way more than my OCD can take, so I've switched to regular ATX - which to be honest looks better in this case, I can't pin point why but it just does. The other issue is that the EK rads are a little too thick to fit inside the rad chambers unless you don't slide the covers back on - which wont work. So DazMode/Darkside stepped up and has just shipped me a couple of their 27mm rads.

As soon as they arrive I will begin the tubing. Should be any day now.

Plus my wife is supposed to be giving birth any day... :D

Lack of updates excused :P

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I seriously am wondering how all of you married guys are getting married yet you build PCs. Last time I checked women seem to hate us.

I ran into two small issues, in reverse ATX the Titan Z's sag like crazy - way more than my OCD can take, so I've switched to regular ATX - which to be honest looks better in this case, I can't pin point why but it just does. The other issue is that the EK rads are a little too thick to fit inside the rad chambers unless you don't slide the covers back on - which wont work. So DazMode/Darkside stepped up and has just shipped me a couple of their 27mm rads.

As you're aware this was my concern as soon as you posted up pictures and I had a look at the case. While the case is attractive, and lets keep in mind it's their first case to market I see serious problems with it's limited radiator support for serious modders and liquid coolers which the case is kind of hinting to.

Hopefully they bring out a v2 I think support for a 60mm rad in both chambers would be a good move.

I seriously am wondering how all of you married guys are getting married yet you build PCs. Last time I checked women seem to hate us.

Didn't you know, computers are cool now.

Sorry for the lack of updates, work is killing me right now. Plus my wife is supposed to be giving birth any day...  :D

If this is your first, you'll have some spare time at the beginning, but now my little one is 1 y.o. I have 0 time (hence the delay in MiniValdius) maybe we need to pin down Justin @MetallicAcid to learn his secrets. I have NO IDEA how he manages his projects with an ankle biter. 

If this is your first, you'll have some spare time at the beginning, but now my little one is 1 y.o. I have 0 time (hence the delay in MiniValdius) maybe we need to pin down Justin @MetallicAcid to learn his secrets. I have NO IDEA how he manages his projects with an ankle biter. 

Apparently not where I live! Lol

This town was built off Trucks, Hunting and Farms!

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

I live in sports central so it's not cool around here, me being smart is just a magnet for dumb people to look for me for answers to the simplest of problems and i don't like it. 

Now i hope i don't scare you. But i have been searching on the internet about you Jameswalt1 Aka Robocop, and i have a question for you. What happens to all the other pc's you build? Do they just stand around and collect dust or do they have a purpose in life? 

SBJ  "Back in my day, the OS was the bios"

Plus my wife is supposed to be giving birth any day... :D

Excuses excuses :P

/jk

Congrats, if you ever need anyone to babysit, all I need is a flight to where ever you are and a look at your computers ;)

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

@HrBorggreen I believe 1 is a HTPC/Media PC, the other is his wifes and Robocop is his current gaming PC

Then what about "900csq" and PARVUM TITANFALL? (: 

SBJ  "Back in my day, the OS was the bios"

Then what about "900csq" and PARVUM TITANFALL? (: 

That's belongs to nvidia now i think. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Haha :P I have had the good luck of being kind of famous for what I do. My wife sees that it makes me happy (and I earn some extra cash on the side) so I can do it. It is give and take. I spend time with her and the family, and sometimes I can get away to mod without distraction. I also have a very laid back job where I can mod in my free time between tasks, so this is a major plus.

Bribing with sweet things works well too! :)

/J

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs