Why do people hate Microsoft also?

Go to solution Solved by Cavin8,

They pulled a nvidia on us (they skipped 9) and I will hate them forever for that. NDnIG2j.gif

I am used to the Apple hate, I dont like Apple either (the products are fine, but the company itself I mean) But we are all used to the hate Apple gets by now.

However lately I have seen more MS hate.

I admit, I am a fanboy of their Surface line, just a hardcore fanboy.

But  this hate is new to me.

I don't get it, MS does shitty things like every other company, but also do good things. (W10 lately)

I am used to the Apple hate, I dont like Apple either (the products are fine, but the company itself I mean) But we are all used to the hate Apple gets by now.

However lately I have seen more MS hate.

I admit, I am a fanboy of their Surface line, just a hardcore fanboy.

But  this hate is new to me.

I don't get it, MS does shitty things like every other company, but also do good things.

i think their surface it really good, say i dont care for it, it is not my style but say someone like my mom who all she does is read emails and facebook on her laptop, it is perfect

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

XBox

Never been into Xbox myself so....

Because Windows 8

W8 I didn't have a problem with really, I rather have W7 but W8 isn't bad.

Promising DX12 on Win7 and then later retracting that statement. Also DirectX has ruined Linux gaming

Pricing on the majority of their licensing.

Hatred for any company usually stems from uneducated opinions that surface when fanboys get bored.

Pun intended? :P

Yeah I guess, I mean the Surface line is amazing for work but people just don't know it.

Pricing on the majority of their licensing.

Well that too....

Vista, Windows 8 for bandwagon hate, ruining Skype for legitimate hate. I've had instances where I actually questioned why Windows was doing something stupid, but for the most part many errors are user faults. What annoys me actually is how useless a bugcheck can be for some things and nothing is more frustrating than getting a generic error and Windows going lolIdunno. There is also their console line which is hit or mess. Nothing on consoles minus Nintendo exclusives make me care about what MS is doing on that end, but some people will complain for hours about that stuff.

On a side note, former CEO Bill Gates is one if the most stand up guys around and a worthy of respect for the large amounts he's donated to charity along with his wife.

Vista, Windows 8 for bandwagon hate, ruining Skype for legitimate hate. I've had instances where I actually questioned why Windows was doing something stupid, but for the most part many errors are user faults. What annoys me actually is how useless a bugcheck can be for some things and nothing is more frustrating than getting a generic error and Windows going lolIdunno. There is also their console line which is hit or mess. Nothing on consoles minus Nintendo exclusives make me care about what MS is doing on that end, but some people will complain for hours about that stuff.

On a side note, former CEO Bill Gates is one if the most stand up guys around and a worthy of respect for the large amounts he's donated to charity along with his wife.

OK, let's not jump to conclusions about Vista; it was a great operating system.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Windows is a vastly inferior operating system to OS X.

(IMO of course)

Drop the "Windows also" part of the question and then we can really get to the heart of the matter. (hushed awes of approval)

Because bored Trolls.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

I'm waiting for DeathJester to come in here and start calling people astroturfers and sellouts and crap.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

They have ruined so many games like Banjo Kazooie. Also Microsoft Live, loved that in GTA IV (Sarcasm). However without out them we wouldn't have Windows or DirectX.

The biggest bottleneck is the Aussie internet..

CPU: i5 4690k @ 3.5 | GPU: Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-SOC | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1333 | Storage: 2TB HDD, 500GB HDD & 120GB SSD | CPU Cooling: Hyper 212 Evo x 2 fans | Case: ThermalTake S41 

Display: 2 x 1080p Monitors | Keyboard: Logitech G510s | Mouse: DragonWar Phantom Battle Version | Mouse Pad: Logitech G240 | Audio: Logitech z506 Speakers & Audio Technica ATH-M50x | Misc: PS3, Iphone 5s & Ipad Air 

They have ruined so many games like Banjo Kazooie. Also Microsoft Live, loved that in GTA IV (Sarcasm). However without out them we wouldn't have Windows or DirectX.

We always had Linux and OpenGL.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Windows is a vastly inferior operating system to OS X.

(IMO of course)

You don't want to start a flamewar, do you?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Because when they come out with something new. It is Their Way or the Highway!

Also any big company is gonna get some Hate just for being big.

2 Examples(more but I'm tired)

Win 8 Start button got removed I believe quite a few times as people kept bringing it back with registry hacks, and 3rd party programs. NOPE RIP OUT ALL LEGACY CODE.

Xbox One We must Have Online ONLY!   ... Uhmm why can't we have online No-Disk And Legacy Offline Play BOTH on the system?  

Did they ever think to give us a choice? Not until we flood with complaints.That is why I don't like Microsoft they Force Something on Millions of people, but only go back after we Complain. Example Windows 10 has Start Menu AND Start Screen so both sides can be happy. It took them 2 years to turn around.

I Actually like the Start Screen so it being there in Win10 is awesome. 

now I just need to try a few more things to try to get Win8.1 to run on my machine. (probably some little setting makin it fuss)

My Gaming Bio thingy?  Anyhow I love co-op gaming so add me.   :) Skype/Origin/Uplay/Steam/Other -> "GuestForeverX"

You don't want to start a flamewar, do you?

I'm going to stick out and defend him here only because he said "In my opinion".

The biggest bottleneck is the Aussie internet..

CPU: i5 4690k @ 3.5 | GPU: Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-SOC | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1333 | Storage: 2TB HDD, 500GB HDD & 120GB SSD | CPU Cooling: Hyper 212 Evo x 2 fans | Case: ThermalTake S41 

Display: 2 x 1080p Monitors | Keyboard: Logitech G510s | Mouse: DragonWar Phantom Battle Version | Mouse Pad: Logitech G240 | Audio: Logitech z506 Speakers & Audio Technica ATH-M50x | Misc: PS3, Iphone 5s & Ipad Air 

I'm going to stick out and defend him here only because he said "In my opinion".

Rule 1 of fanboys: they don't care about opinions, whatever they fan about is superior.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide