Why do people hate Microsoft also?

Go to solution Solved by Cavin8,

They pulled a nvidia on us (they skipped 9) and I will hate them forever for that. NDnIG2j.gif

Yes, why has Microsoft suddenly started destroying all traces of products that aren't even that old. Aren't they planning on ending support for Windows 7?

Its active support that has ended, windows 7 will still get security updates until 2019 if I remember correctly.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

xbox

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

Its active support that has ended, windows 7 will still get security updates until 2019 if I remember correctly.

@. I see. Thanks.

2020 actually:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/lifecycle

Client operating systems

Windows 7 *

Latest update or service pack

Service Pack 1

End of mainstream support

January 13, 2015

End of extended support

January 14, 2020

FYI this has been posted like 4 times within this thread. I know I've posted it once already.

Windows 7 will be safe to use for at least another 5 years. However, by then, it'll be old, outdated, and slow compared to whatever is out by then. Don't let Windows 7 become the next XP. XP was great in it's prime, but it should have died years ago and people kept clinging to the old mouldy potato thinking it still had life.

Windows 7 is great still for now, but we shouldn't try and keep it alive past the end of extended support.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Cuz' MS makes too much money

Because they won't make xbox exlusives available for PC as well, which is just about the dumbest thing imaginable.

And then they turn around and say "we care about PC gaming"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

2020 actually:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/lifecycle

FYI this has been posted like 4 times within this thread. I know I've posted it once already.

Windows 7 will be safe to use for at least another 5 years. However, by then, it'll be old, outdated, and slow compared to whatever is out by then. Don't let Windows 7 become the next XP. XP was great in it's prime, but it should have died years ago and people kept clinging to the old mouldy potato thinking it still had life.

Windows 7 is great still for now, but we shouldn't try and keep it alive past the end of extended support.

They should keep Vista way past the extended support deadline. That was a good operating system once you got the patch.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

They should keep Vista way past the extended support deadline. That was a good operating system once you got the patch.

No, they shouldn't. Vista was good, once you got both Service Packs. But it's old and outdated. Windows 7 surpassed it in every way.

Besides, the EOS date for Vista is April 2017, so you still have nearly 2 and a half years to upgrade to something better, like Windows 7 or Windows 10.

If you're still running Vista by then, then your PC is a dinosaur anyway ;)

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

No, they shouldn't. Vista was good, once you got both Service Packs. But it's old and outdated. Windows 7 surpassed it in every way.

Besides, the EOS date for Vista is April 2017, so you still have nearly 2 and a half years to upgrade to something better, like Windows 7 or Windows 10.

If you're still running Vista by then, then your PC is a dinosaur anyway ;)

Nope. Windows 7 and Vista are I think on par with each other. And my PC is not a dinosaur, it can still run freaking Windows 8, 10, and Linux, all on one system.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Nope. Windows 7 and Vista are I think on par with each other. And my PC is not a dinosaur, it can still run freaking Windows 8, 10, and Linux, all on one system.

I humbly beg to disagree. Vista is still a little clunkier and chunkier on the UI, and a bit less responsive.

Your PC might not be a dinosaur today. But we'll see how it runs in 2.5 years.

Windows 7 is actually surprisingly lightweight, running off integrated graphics it used only 64mb vRAM when set to classic, and home Premium 64Bit was using less than 1GB of RAM after its re-install (pre service pack 1 version, can't even open 32bit programs until it gets updated).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL