What's your acceptable Frams per Second?

Robi Dawn

For twitch based games 90+ FPS e.g: COD & CS and for most games some FPS, RTS, and RPG 60 FPS minimum. Anything less than 60 is too low for me and unplayable for my play style.

your actually looking at it wrong mate its not just because its a twitch shooter. on cod and cs the fps is tied to the packet data, so the more fps you have the more packet data you can send and receive. which makes your game more up to date than some 1 who is playing at 30fps. it really is a hardware advantage in these games.

cod uses a deviser where if you get 60 fps you can set your max packets to 60, so 1 packet per frame. but if you get 120 fps you will max out the packet data at 100 and then the game divides the fps up and spreads the 100 packets between the fps you have. so anything over 100fps on cod wont actually bring you more accuracy in cod its actually better to match your fps to the max packets. yes you will limit your game to 100 fps but as i said in this case more isnt actually helping you.

on cs the packets are tied directly to the fps and no deviser is used so if you can get 250 fps you can in theory get 250 data packets. with games like this your more dependent on your internet bandwidth that the hardware your running on. you also more likely to get ping bounce and rubber banding because you will start loosing packet data every time your fps droops. so even if your getting 120 fps avg your game will be choppy if your average drops or rises more than 5-10 fps either side

rpgs and rts only use about 30 packets because they dont need to because of the game mechanics. so half the time the fps is updating old data.

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Xfi extreme gamer | Antec 902

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel

doesnt matter, as long as it is smooth ......

So i guess   OVER 9000!!!!!!

Let's agree to disagree

120 or 60 is pretty much fine 

i5 3570K - HD7870 Hawk - 1TB WD BLUE - 2x4GB Gskill RAM - Corsair Vengeance C70 White 

On hl engine based games, i notice choppiness on anything under 75. But games like bf3 etc 45+

At least 35fps.

On 6/15/2013 at 6:05 PM, MrTiC said:

OVER 9000!!!!!!

:) 

I can play if the framerate is above 15-17 Fps, i prefer around 40 Fps and i am super happy if it hits 75 Fps.

60+ is the minimum for MP games.... but for SP il accept 50.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Anything below 50 is hard for me to enjoy playing.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

40+ as the frames go spike so i dont like it under 30.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

40+ singleplayer

60+ multiplayer

Case: 650D CPU: i5 4670K GPU: GTX 770 Gaming @1306MHz Motherboard: MAXIMUS VI Hero PSU: AX760 CPU Cooler: H100i RAM: 8GB Vengeance Pro @1866MHz Storage: 840 250GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14

~45 FPS. Playing Planetside 2 has taught me not to be so picky.

"An Excellent Signature"

Above 40, preferably above 45. I can tolerate short segments of slowness (25-30 FPS for 1 minute max).

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

As long as it's stable, I can play at 24, 30, 45, 60 or anything above really. I prefer 60 if I can get away with it.

40 FPS or more. Though I like it 60 FPS or more.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Around 30 to 40 FPS is acceptable for me.  Anything under 30 and when it starts to get choppy, I gotta start lowering some of the details down. 

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

30+ is fine with me

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

My minecraft never hits above 30, so I'm used to 20-ish, but one day it decided to run at 70+ only, without any changing of options, oh that day was a good day ;D

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

I dont think it really matters at all. If the game is playable at 1 fps, so be it. If its designed to be played at exactly 7 fps and it does exactly what it says...7 fps it is.

I dont really see how having more fps is even considered to be usefull. If the game devs go out and design the game to run at 60fps...and your doing 120fps...like...does that even matter? You're just chucking in more random frames... Shouldnt that be a bad thing?

I think the whole more FPS, is a "PC Master Race" thing. It actually doesnt matter and its just people who like to be superior to the console counter parts, and can brag about it because its not even possible on consoles to crank things up to get better performance.

Edit:

My prefered FPS is what ever fps is needed to play the game and enjoy it. And that number is going to change for every individual game, Obviously.

55. I can't stand anything lower than 55 unless it's a racing game in which case 40 is acceptable for me.

120 or higher

Below 90 First person games become unplayable for me since I switched to 120hz monitor.