• Sound: DirectX® 10

RECOMMENDED:

• OS: Windows® 7 64-bit / Windows® 8 64-bit / Windows® 8.1 64-bit
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4670K @3.4 GHz / AMD FX-8350 @4.0 GHz
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM DDR3
    • Hard Drive: 40 GB free space
    • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 780 / AMD Radeon™ R9 290
    • Sound: DirectX® 10

Source: http://www.incgamers.com/2014/12/dying-light-pc-specs-recommend-16gb-of-ram-for-some-reason

Are we finally seeing a game that will possibly push PC Hardware to its current max? Or is this just another instance of ridiculous spec requirements being listed to make it seem like the game will look that good. Even the Minimum asks for a 670 and 7870.

Worth Noting: Minimum requirements for a processor are basically a 2500k and an 8320.

Additional Note:

First 15 minute gameplay video (watch in 1080p):

Do the spec requirements live up to the hype?

i bet 10 bucks on rediculous specs

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

The jump from a 670 right to a 980 seems like a massive gap.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Since when was a 7870 equivalent to a GTX 670? I don't believe a current game will need 16GB of RAM. I've yet to see any of my games go over 6GB. ARMA 3 was the culprit that time.

Yeah 670 is more on par with a 7950 not a 7870

and from that screenshot it looks like shit

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Are we finally seeing a game that will possibly push PC Hardware to its current max? Or is this just another instance of ridiculous spec requirements being listed to make it seem like the game will look that good.

Probably the latter

RIP in pepperonis m8s

I have used over 16 GB of ram on my PC before, with out using a ram disk or rendering anything. I was doing some heavy multitasking. the 780/290 does not seem crazy to me.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Inb4 i can get 60fps on 1080p medium settings on my 560 i5 2400 and 8gb ram

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I hope that's 4K Ultra 144fps recommended specs :P

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

look how square that wrist looks lol. Bet it's just ridiculous specs.

-BUILD-

CPU: INTEL I5 4690K GRAPHICS CARD: GIGABYTE 970 G1 2.5GB CASE: NZXT S340|BLACK MOBO: MSI Z97S KRAIT EDITION CPU COOLER: CORSAIR H100i 

RAM: HYPERX FURY 2X4GB|WHITE PSU: CORSAIR RM850 850W FULLY MODULAR STORAGE: 1TB WD BLUE HDD OS: WINDOWS 8.1

16gb ram? I have that, and I highly doubt it will use more than 5 GB. Nevertheless since my browser already uses 12gb I might need to upgrade to 24gb

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

it does not look better than far cry 4, same style of graphics and such. 16gb ram lulz.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Game looks pretty sweet from the video. Id pay for it if its a great online experience unlike DayZ and Arma 3 (very buggy unfinished poor graphics game)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

and from that screenshot it looks like shit

What is your favorite, best looking game? :P I see you have high standards.

What is your favorite, best looking game? :P I see you have high standards.

I'd say Alien Isolation is not the best graphically, but it did have that next gen feel of being polished, not many squares and stuff. But it had the advantage of not having grass anywhere.

I personally would say that Crysis 3, Metro Last Light and Alien Isolation are tied.

Spoiler

First time I'm seeing the game and it looks amazing.  I'm very excited for it!

The only real spec that confuses me is the 16GB of RAM, that just seems ridiculous.  Everything else makes sense from my perspective.

The game looks nice, but the climbing and parkour seems super clunky.  Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.. I just don't like spending/wasting so much time on climbing animations.  Climbing is an integral part of the game, that much is clear, but I don't want to be spending 2 seconds every time I need to climb something.  Speed up the animation or something please!

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I'd say Alien Isolation is not the best graphically, but it did have that next gen feel of being polished, not many squares and stuff. But it had the advantage of not having grass anywhere.

I personally would say that Crysis 3, Metro Last Light and Alien Isolation are tied.

I would agree with Metro last light, such a beautiful game.

Actually it's 670/7970 and 680/7970GHz which makes those specs even more stupid.

TmbtT8Z.png

BF3-1920.png

When the 670 was released, it was meant to compete with the 7950. The 680 was meant to compete with the 7970:

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/550?vs=598

They trade blows with each other depending on the game and scenario