What's Your Opinion on StarWars Force Awakening's New Light Saber Design?

Haven't seen the trailer, so I'm not quite sure at the moment.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

9be9d69447.jpg This

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Well they finally realised that a sword with no guard is retarded. Good job.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Well I mean the universe had had to innovate

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

This is probably not the design of every saber. I like it, but it wouldn't be cool at all if everyone had one of those. Imagine everyone with a double saber... then Maul would have been just as much white noise as the rest of the prequels.

Git Gud.

If the lightsaber slips then it is goodbye with his hand.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I personally love it. It looks like fiery death. Like it's really giving off the amount of heat that you would think, as far as the guards I am not so sure that will be on every lightsaber 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Well they finally realised that a sword with no guard is retarded. Good job.

I don't think those were ever remotely feasible anyway, but I guess it's slightly less stupid this way

-------

Current Rig

-------

It's a proper european style sword. I love it. And it was the kind of lightsabre i dreamed up as a kid. So i love it even more.

The design isn't too outlandish either. + It will lead to interesting coreography in the fights^^

Finally Matt from Scholagladiatoria comes out with an opinion
--snip--

This did not show up in my sub box  :( Thanks for bringing it to my attention^^

Agreed with every point up to the sticky out bits of the guard. But that's just because im really hoping for a nod to the kotor guys with some cortosis weave.
(Otherwise it would not make much sense i know. But the design team probably knows what they are doing)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

It is really cool that they went with a European, long sword style. It's new and fresh. Really cool. The other aspect of the saber is how the light flickers and waves instead of being more solid. I think for a blood red, sith light saber the way the light waves and flickers is AWESOME! I am wondering if the jedi light sabors are going to be more classic in the sense of the sabor part where it's not wavy but more solid. I think this is really cool and I feel like this sith is going to have a really unique fighting style.

If the lightsaber slips then it is goodbye with his hand.

It's a sith, has a sith ever not been a superb fighter?

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Skallagrim knows what's up

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Still think this lightsaber is better

QfCxgId.jpg

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Still think this lightsaber is better

--DarthSnipMaul--

There was a massive shitstorm about that one too.

(Darth maul is cool though. My favourite sith apart from revan)

There was a massive shitstorm about that one too.

(Darth maul is cool though. My favourite sith apart from revan)

Darth Revan is a badass. So is Nihilus

4282733351_afb435312f_b.jpg

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

Lightwhip

3fda0a5b7c711bb6207fe8df723835b7.jpg

/thread

edit: Also this

Darth_Chratis_Sebaddon.jpg

Never heard of Darth Chratis, but he looks epic. So does his lightsaber

//thread

Omg I only watched the "George Lucas" edition of the trailer and thought the light saber was a joke. My excitement is about 2/10 for the new star wars.

Omg I only watched the "George Lucas" edition of the trailer and thought the light saber was a joke. My excitement is about 2/10 for the new star wars.

Lel! saw that, it's quite misleading actualy , did you watch the linked trailer on the first post? (it's beneath the first image)

Details separate people.