LTT Officially apologizes to Armaggedon for misconception about their keyboards

MooseParade

Slick job!

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Everyone we need to help slick. He is being held hostage with a gun to his head reading off a teleprompter.

Edit: (I thought I'd mention I am being sarcastic in case it wasn't clear.)

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Oh you Slick bastard... :P. Hopefully this will in no way discourage him from covering any future event...

It's ok Slick....I don't blame you.

3x Dell U2412M |Silverstone FT03 | Maximus V Gene | 3770K @ 4.5Ghz 1.2V | SLI GTX780 | Mushkin Ridgeback 8GB 1600 CL7 | Corsair AX760

As Linus said in the other thread - any posts which direct hate toward Armaggedon or other users will be removed. Keep it civil and please don't post post in order to cause unrest. If it becomes completely out of control, it will be closed.

As Linus said in the other thread - any posts which direct hate toward Armaggedon or other users will be removed. Keep it civil and please don't post post in order to cause unrest. If it becomes completely out of control, it will be closed.

wat....there's already another thread about this? the video was like 10m ago.

3x Dell U2412M |Silverstone FT03 | Maximus V Gene | 3770K @ 4.5Ghz 1.2V | SLI GTX780 | Mushkin Ridgeback 8GB 1600 CL7 | Corsair AX760

Everyone we need to help slick. He is being held hostage with a gun to his head reading off a teleprompter.

There's no gun to his head, but he is reading off a script. We wanted to make sure that we covered the points that we needed to cover in the video. The last thing we want is to create any long term negativity with Armageddon over this mistake that we made, so we're doing everything in our power to clean up our mess so everyone can move on.

Understood. I just noticed that it had not been posted to the forums yet. Just wanted to help share the information.

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

The original thread was discussing the misconception, it got kind of heated in there. This is the apology video.

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

There's no gun to his head, but he is reading off a script. We wanted to make sure that we covered the points that we needed to cover in the video. The last thing we want is to create any long term negativity with Armageddon over this mistake that we made, so we're doing everything in our power to clean up our mess so everyone can move on.

I appreciate your honor sir. 

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

It was the forum post about the issue - prior to the video being uploaded.

Understood. I just noticed that it had not been posted to the forums yet. Just wanted to help share the information.

No problem - just making sure everyone is on the same page. :)

No problem - just making sure everyone is on the same page. :)

Well if we are reading your post we would have to be.....

It's a sad business this, but I find it very impressive that the company run by a guy in his twenties has the most professional grasp on the situation. Well done LMG!

I think it's a good thing that you don't jump into defensive positions, that job is best done by your fans, like me! Slick did an error, a small factual error. I don't personally think he's at fault for this error however. 

I think the question on all our minds is if Armageddon contacted you or if you decided to make this video yourself after finding out.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Well if we are reading your post we would have to be.....

I loled.

On topic: Sucks, but I love seeing Linus' (and teams') professionalism. 

Makes me happy to be a part of this community.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I think the question on all our minds is if Armageddon contacted you or if you decided to make this video yourself after finding out.

We've been in touch with Armageddon and we are working together on our strategy for correcting the misinformation that was in our original video.

the whole thing is caused by them just not allowing slick to review their products 

the whole video was taken through a window... 

The only mistake I can see there is to show a product from a company that doesn know how to market their own products.

I thought it was a little bit unnecessary to do that video with so limited access.....

But we all know Linus and Slick have some kind of obsession for CherryMX keyboards.

We've been in touch with Armageddon and we are working together on our strategy for correcting the misinformation that was in our original video.

A proper unboxing and review (by Slick) would seem appropriate. It would accomplish two things; LTT could review one their models giving the viewers a proper look since we were unable to do so at Computex and in return would give Armaggedon publicity of their products there by making up for any ill feelings.

Edit: To take it even further there could be a giveaway of the keyboard being reviewed. Just my $.02

everyone can make a mistake, I don´t think is such a big deal, as far as both of you speaking of linus media and Armageddon have solve the issue, I think everyone is happy. From my side you guys have all the support of the world as I metion before anyone can make a mistake.

thank you guys :)

with me whoever, ahead who can

A proper unboxing and review (by Slick) would seem appropriate. Would accomplish two things; LTT could review both the model making up for any ill feelings and in return would give Armaggedon publicity of their products.

It will be at Armageddon's sole discretion to decide whether they still feel it would be appropriate to have us do overviews of their products. We are a North American media outlet, and they don't have much of a brand presence over here, so it may not achieve much for them one way or the other.

We are certainly receptive to the idea per my statement in my original post about this.

On a partially relevant side note to this video; does everyone mount Cherry switches with the Cherry text upside down or was Corsair being special with the K95 because of the backlight.

On a partially relevant side note to this video; does everyone mount Cherry switches with the Cherry text upside down or was Corsair being special with the K95 because of the backlight.

I was wondering about that, May it is because the letters are on the upper side of the key and they wanted the led right below it.

Also looks like they deleted the video :( darn it, really wanted to see it! 

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

It will be at Armageddon's sole discretion to decide whether they still feel it would be appropriate to have us do overviews of their products. We are a North American media outlet, and they don't have much of a brand presence over here, so it may not achieve much for them one way or the other.

We are certainly receptive to the idea per my statement in my original post about this.

I think an official video using genuine non-cherry switches and then getting some cherry switches would clear a lot of things up. Maybe even using the switches from the Armageddon keyboard as an example of real switches, although that may be a bit too...

But an proper informative video may be the way to go. Just an alternative idea.