Breaking: PS4 online multiplayer requires PS Plus = 5$/Month Fee

That tell me more people bought an Xbox Live membership. 90% of my friends list dont have PS+, because its a choice. It's not really a choice for XB (if were looking at predominant online)

I actually have a 360 and don't have Gold since I don't play online much anyway, nor do I need the extra apps and whatnot.

playstation plus gives you instant game collection then they decide to do the same giving away 2 games every month

I still dont see the worth though. None the less im sticking with my new gaming rig

I actually have a 360 and don't have Gold since I don't play online much anyway, nor do I need the extra apps and whatnot.

I had assumed this was an XBL Gold vs. PS+ discussion.

He was saying that some people choose XBL over PSN.

Right, so say the exact same amount of people one both consoles (the unit sales of each are around 70 million) and the exact same amount of people wish to play online. Of course this would lead to more people choosing to pay for XBL Gold because it is required to play online, therefore there is 'no choice'. Now with PS+ there is a 'choice', you choose if you so desire the features of PS+ or not, because it is not a requirement to be able to play online.

Thus a lot more people would "choose" XBL Gold over PS+, but not necessary XBL over PSN. 

I'm just a soul who is up to no good.

Sony  $5 Single Month

Xbox Live $9.99 Single Month

You don't have the option to pay month-to-month. In the case of PS+, you can either choose to pay yearly at $49.99, or quarterly at $17.99.

I still dont see the worth though. None the less im sticking with my new gaming rig

Yea there's no worth whatsoever, in free games or discounts. 

I'm just a soul who is up to no good.

Lols. do math dude. 12*5 is $60. Exact same amount.

Its not $60 a year its $50 and I didn't know it was monthly at the time. I think its a small price to pay for all the better features ps4 has over the xbox one for sure.

Before everyone was like 'HA HA HA XBL cost money' now everyone's like 'Its ok, PSN has value, I'll pay'.... Make up your mind...

The last time I went on XBL (which was a looooong time ago, so chances are its improved since) it had a looooot of free content, most videos, TV shows, etc. Just wondering if PSN has this?

Anyway, think I'll stick with my free multipplayer, $10 Steam sale games, etc etc etc PC master race blah blah etc etc lol

Before everyone was like 'HA HA HA XBL cost money' now everyone's like 'Its ok, PSN has value, I'll pay'.... Make up your mind...

The last time I went on XBL (which was a looooong time ago, so chances are its improved since) it had a looooot of free content, most videos, TV shows, etc. Just wondering if PSN has this?

Anyway, think I'll stick with my free multipplayer, $10 Steam sale games, etc etc etc PC master race blah blah etc etc lol

Yup, they have those, kid. Even without subscription based payment like XBL...

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

The reason its ok for ps4 is because the console has so much more going for it than xbox one that sony would have to screw up big and I mean BIG time for the ps4 to backfire.

Its not such a huge deal for me assuming i do get a PS4, i rarely if ever play online for multiplayer or whatnot so its not going to affect me. Most of my online gaming is done on the PC anyway though i don't have many games to play on PC yet...

Blue Nebula = CPU: Intel i7 4770K @Stock || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 || RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance LP || GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti Superclocked @Stock || Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero || SSD: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro || HDD: 4x2TB WD Black in Raid10 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i || Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced || Keyboard: Corsair K70 (MX Blues) || Mouse: Corsair M95 || Mousepad: Razer Goliathus 2013 Extended Speed || Monitors: Eizo Foris FS2333 + Old Samsung monitor || Headset: Beyerdynamic MMX2 || =>My Youtube Gaming Channel<= || =>My Twitch.tv Channel<=

Honestly $5/m isnt that bad I wouldnt mind that much.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

If it actually had features people want and it does it good.

Then sure.

I might buy a PS4 eventually for the exclusives it has and would consider getting a year pass if they go on deals like xbox live does on amazon etc.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Well $5 is a small amount compared to the $60 that is xbox live but still kinda disappointing to see that sony is charging. Though with all the features that they have over xbox its not the biggest loss.

I think it's gonna be the same as on xbox 360. You'll have to pay a small amount of money, but i think the overall quality of the services will improve. 

I myself own a PS3 but i think we can all agree that the networking and service on xbox was much better than on ps3.

CPU:

Intel Core i5 2500k - Motherboard: Asus maximus iv gene-z - RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - GPU: ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II
Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 II - Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate barracuda 3TB PSU: XFX 650W XXX Edition Modular PSU - Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 Pro
Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 - Sound: Razer Characias

Even the fact that the PS4 is a 100$ cheaper means basically you get about one and a half years free of ps+ wich is quite the deal.

CPU:

Intel Core i5 2500k - Motherboard: Asus maximus iv gene-z - RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - GPU: ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II
Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 II - Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate barracuda 3TB PSU: XFX 650W XXX Edition Modular PSU - Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 Pro
Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 - Sound: Razer Characias

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

I dont get the video how si that related to 5$ a month for online???

Says in the small text you need PS+

and this

ps-plus.jpg

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

You're getting a new indie for every month you have the service, and the price of an indie is $5 or more, so it's like buying a new indie per month and you still have access to all the crazy game library, the discounts, and this thing:https://twitter.com/yosp/status/344369977438126080

You are able to share your subscription with every person who is playing in the same console as you. Seems like a pretty good deal

Says in the small text you need PS+

and this

ps-plus.jpg

Automatic game updates? So you've to pay for patches now or can you just do it manually.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Automatic game updates? So you've to pay for patches now or can you just do it manually.

They never said, but you should be able to update your games without the PS+.

Would be silly otherwise.....

You don't have the option to pay month-to-month. In the case of PS+, you can either choose to pay yearly at $49.99, or quarterly at $17.99.

Thanks mate

i never had an PS3 before just a psp that but in that point of time the PSN+ did not exist haha

except it's $50 a year for PSN if you buy it yearly, compared to 60 for Xbox

Wow huge difference. Gonna go up in price anyways I bet.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Wow huge difference. Gonna go up in price anyways I bet.

Xbox One + Live = $560

PS4 _ PS+ = $450