Breaking: PS4 online multiplayer requires PS Plus = 5$/Month Fee

So online multiplayer will require a fee of 5$ in case any of you missed it. Sony lost a good amount of points in my book with this move. But still if I'm going to buy a console it's gonna be the PS4. Discuss! 

Online multiplayer on PS4 will require a PS Plus subscription, confirmed in the above video produced by Sony demonstrating physical disc game sharing on PS4. 

Existing PlayStation Plus members – or even those who sign up from here on out – will find their subscription extended to PS Vita, PS3 and PS4. The PS4 launches Holiday 2013 for $399.

*If this post was made before, I couldn't find it, and I really used search, not lying :)

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

So online multiplayer will require a fee of 5$ in case any of you missed it. Sony lost a good amount of points in my book with this move. But still if I'm going to buy a console it's gonna be the PS4. Discuss! 

*If this post was made before, I couldn't find it, and I really used search, not lying :)

Well $5 is a small amount compared to the $60 that is xbox live but still kinda disappointing to see that sony is charging. Though with all the features that they have over xbox its not the biggest loss.

They're using the money for their upgraded online network though. Since we all know that PSN versus Xbox Live was a bit one sided. Don't mind paying that $5 at all for a smooth online experience.

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

Well $5 is a small amount compared to the $60 that is xbox live but still kinda disappointing to see that sony is charging. Though with all the features that they have over xbox its not the biggest loss.

5$ x12 = 60$ per year.

XBox One Gold Membership is 60$ per year.

It's been talked about already but nobody has made a thread about it yet.

5$ x12 = 60$ per year.

Sony said it will be $50 per year.

The $5 per month thing is actually a misquote. It's "less than $5 a month." It's just a marketing tactic, I'm pretty sure you have to pay per year regardless of the less than $5 per month ploy.

5$ x12 = 60$ per year.

^ This. 

It's pretty much the same, but Sony wasn't charging money before from it and it was kinda its "ace up the sleeve". But people were still willing to pay on the Xbox for better multiplayer experience. I guess we will have to wait and see how it goes.

So its monthly? Well never mind that really sucks  :(

It's not monthly. You have a choice of paying for yearly ($49.99) or bi-yearly ($17.99).

^ This. 

It's pretty much the same, but Sony wasn't charging money before from it and it was kinda its "ace up the sleeve". But people were still willing to pay on the Xbox for better multiplayer experience. I guess we will have to wait and see how it goes.

http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-plus/

not really breaking :P but yes it's an unfortunate piece of news but its still better in every other way to the xbox one so its a very one-sided console wars this time

I'll just stick to my PC & play online games without any BS subscription fees.

Technically, buying games on Steam/Origin/Uplay is subscription based. Instead of paying monthly/yearly. They just charge retail value and set the license expiration to 0 (never expires unless they say so.)

But that's gernerally ok with us PC gamers. :P

PS+ will be more than just the tool to play online. You also get free games and discounts on games from the store.

I'm just a soul who is up to no good.

It's not monthly. You have a choice of paying for yearly ($49.99) or bi-yearly ($17.99).

http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-plus/

I know PSN has been giving out free games for the past "century" but still people chose the Xbox Live over that as well. What does that tell you, really?

I know PSN has been giving out free games for the past "century" but still people chose the Xbox Live over that as well. What does that tell you, really?

What does that have to do with this? I didn't say anything about free games... I link I posted shows the pricing for PS+

What does that have to do with this? I didn't say anything about free games... I link I posted shows the pricing for PS+

Oh I saw the free games listing or discounts or w/e that was and I thought that was what you meant. Nevermind I misunderstood. Next time take a pic and enlarge it, to be clear :p

Sony said it will be $50 per year.

The $5 per month thing is actually a misquote. It's "less than $5 a month." It's just a marketing tactic, I'm pretty sure you have to pay per year regardless of the less than $5 per month ploy.

Uusally when a company says "less than an xx$". they means the amount - 1 penny.

So "Less than 5$", is 4.99$, because if it's 4$, then they'll just say 4$.

Uusally when a company says "less than an xx$". they means the amount - 1 penny.

So "Less than 5$", is 4.99$, because if it's 4$, then they'll just say 4$.

That is true for many companies, yes. But good thing it's not true for Sony. :P

Cool, psn should get a lot better now, and xbox one will have one less reason to be bought. What reasons are left for buying an xbox one?

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

That is true for many companies, yes. But good thing it's not true for Sony. :P

Yes cause Sony's 49.99$ is so far from that kappa.png

Its the same price as xbox live. Its 5 dollars a month

i see no issue here playstation plus is already very good deal, they don't have always online other other BS either, microsoft does with xbox one.

For the same price as xbox live it is not a good deal. Coming from xbox i used to compare it to playstaion and playstaion plus is not worth 60 bucks