Battlefield 5 will still be military themed, says EA CFO

XTankSlayerX

image_310969_fit_940.jpg

However, during Tuesday's 2014 UBS Global Technology Conference, EA CFO Blake Jorgensen revealed that Battlefield 5 will once again be military themed, GameSpot reports.

Mentioning that he had already seen Battlefield 5 in action and that it was shaping up to be a "fun, new Battlefield," Jorgensen added: "That will be a return to a Battlefield military-style game, more to come on that."

EA confirmed in late October during its Q2 FY 2015 financial results call that Battlefield 5 will be released in "holiday 2016".

The announcement affirmed recent suspicions that the next game in the main Battlefield series would give way to the release of the also DICE-developed Star Wars Battlefront, due in late 2015.

Nothing else is known of the title, which will likely still be in the earliest stages of development at DICE alongside Battlefront and the studio's other major triple-A project, Mirror's Edge 2.

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/481464/battlefield-5-will-still-be-military-themed-says-ea-cfo/

Good for the people who don't like change. I cant wait to see what futuristic tech we get in BF5 and if they will get rid of the horrible M1 Abrams

well of course battlefront has to come first, would be stupid not to capitalize on the hype of the new movie coming next year

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Because we need more military themed fps games.

lol. :)

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

I'd like to see a more futuristic battlefield. The final stand patch they dropped recently (for bf4) is awesome so far, and definitely has some futuristic elements.

Future military sim pls pls

well I knew it was coming maybe there's something new to offer I still play BF3 & BF4 even though I've mastered everything but the military theme only suit a certain crowed  

I5 3570K@ 4.4 - GIGABYTE Z77- Kingston 8G 2400 RAM - MSI GTX980 - HAF-X - 27'' ROG SWIFT + 32'' LG IPS - OCZ 250G SSD + WD 4TB HDD - ASUS XONAR DX -Noctua NH-D14

yeah..... ill just wait a whole year until bf5 + premium would cost at least 40$

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I'd like to see a more futuristic battlefield. The final stand patch they dropped recently (for bf4) is awesome so far, and definitely has some futuristic elements.

Future military sim pls pls

Whiteout is horrible though, no cover for infi, either it is long-range or then just go fuck your self with a spoon.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

The futuristic stuff is getting way played out. They should return to a WWII era shooter. There hasn't been any FPS games from WWII era done in new game engines like Frostbite 3 or other visually impressive engines.

Devs keep trying to make games way too over the top. Just keep it simple fun.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

What happened to Hardline?

Still happening. Its due out in March.

I believe majority of development for Hardline is done by Visceral Games studio so DICE has probably been working on BF5 in the meantime.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Hopefully battlefront will be my last fps for 10 years

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

I really hope they stay with current technology and not future themed stuff. I do dislike their decision to go with future tech in final stand a lot.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Still happening. Its due out in March.

I believe majority of development for Hardline is done by Visceral Games studio so DICE has probably been working on BF5 in the meantime.

Isn't DICE proper working on Battlefront?  Bet they give BF5 to the B-Team.  Expectations are probably low after the reception to BF4

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone

No shit, what do you think? "Battle"field??

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Give us bfbc2 back best bf game ever the choppers were the best in it now they have just screwed it all up. So over this futuristic crap -_-

BF5 will be millitary themed.

As opposed too............?

I know military FPS are publishers go to for easy money nowadays, but that's what I want from Battlefield. Modern, not future, tech on big maps.

Give us bfbc2 back best bf game ever the choppers were the best in it now they have just screwed it all up. So over this futuristic crap -_-

You mean BF:BC3, right? :D

Either way, DICE should give us BF:BC3 because it is the best BF series ever. :P

I am tired of seeing 2 Battlefield games launch (BF3 and BF4).

Well BF4 started as a military game, its just every "NEW" game has to be one...

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

Nope we don't need more. Just Battlefield is fine.

Is battlefield 5 here yet? :D

Intel I7 4770k 4.2ghz, Asus Maximus VI Hero,16 gb Corsair Ram(1600 mhz), GTX 780 Classified, 1000w EVGA Supernova Powersupply,Corsair h100i
250 GB Samsung 840 Evo Solid State Drive(OS Drive), 120 GB Corsair Solid State Drive, 1 Terabyte Western Digital Drive
(Blue)

Spending almost 500 hours in BF4, I have to wonder why the fuck any of you would even want another Battlefield game, the series sucks, from the basics, mechanics, design and all the way to the bugs and shitty launch it barely endured.

I imagine though, that the reason why they're not going the full "SCI FI OMG LAZERS" mode with Battlefield is because they're jacking that cock off into Battlefront. Which is going to blow, y'know, 'cause DICE/EA.

W/e though, I'm just bitter because I actually spent money on this stupid game...