Far Cry 4 Can't Find Out FPS

NJDFisher

So I have been playing FC4, but wanted to know the FPS.

FRAPS crashes when it tries to hook into it, MSI Afterburner crashes the game when it tries to hook into it.

Anyone know why, or give me an alternative way to find out the FPS?

EDIT: Apprently I shouldn't be able to play it without torrenting it. Well, blame G2A for sending me a legitimate key early.

9772089fd5.png

Intel i7 4770k 4.3Ghz 1.23v | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | EVGA 980 SC 1530Mhz | Samsung Evo 500GB 850, 250GB 840, 2 TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black | Razer Blackwidow 2013 Stealth | Razer Naga 2012 EVGA SuperNOVA 750W B1

I assume we are talking about a pirated version here? If so the default game .exe is "patched" and changed in some way.... no surprise that it has compatibility issues with other programs then :P

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

How do you have it? it's not even released yet..

It's been on torrent's for a while. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I assume we are talking about a pirated version here? If so the default game .exe is "patched" and changed in some way.... no surprise that it has compatibility issues with other programs then :P

Wow, how assumptive of everyone. No, I bought it on G2A and have a legitimate copy O.o

Intel i7 4770k 4.3Ghz 1.23v | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | EVGA 980 SC 1530Mhz | Samsung Evo 500GB 850, 250GB 840, 2 TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black | Razer Blackwidow 2013 Stealth | Razer Naga 2012 EVGA SuperNOVA 750W B1

:lol:

Thank you for that insightful comment.

Wouldn't exactly call that a legit copy... 

What, with two legitimate keys (Main game and DLC) that work with Uplay? Both global keys? How is that not legitimate?

Wow, how assumptive of everyone. No, I bought it on G2A and have a legitimate copy O.o

Lol you thought you would legitimately buy the game before the release date?

Are you sure you didn't pay for a pirate copy?

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

It is probably coded in 64-bit so you would need something like MSI fps thing or EVGA's which works with 64-bit applications. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

NJDFisher ... Fan of the New Jersey Devils like me?

As for finding out the frames per second who cares as I am more concerned about you even buying this game.  Stop supporting Ubisoft!

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

What, with two legitimate keys (Main game and DLC) that work with Uplay? Both global keys? How is that not legitimate?

Well G2A's copies are fishy. A lot of stolen/pirated keys. 

NJDFisher ... Fan of the New Jersey Devils like me?

As for finding out the frames per second who cares as I am more concerned about you even buying this game.  Stop supporting Ubisoft!

What asses everyone are being in this thread? This is the first time I've seen it on these forums.

For the record, I'm getting between 60-80 FPS on Ultra, which I am very impressed with.

Furthermore, I am thoroughly enjoying the game, why the hell wouldn't I buy it.

Finally, have you not noticed, there is already a day one patch for the game.

The game key works fully online with the activation through Uplay, I didn't block any firewalls or anything, my key is legitimate.

Have you guys never heard of vendors giving out keys early? Jesus christ.

Anyway, my problem is solved no thanks to anyone here. I'm going to go play the game I bought with the money I earned, having saved myself £13 from buying it from G2A in the process.

Have fun!

I completely disagree. Voting with your wallet works both ways. Dont buy games that are crap, but when a developer releases a good, well optimized game we have to encourage that behavior and buy it.

So far it looks like the reports on it are largely positive. Positive re-enforcement works just as well as negative. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I completely disagree. Voting with your wallet works both ways. Dont buy games that are crap, but when a developer releases a good, well optimized game we have to encourage that behavior and buy it.

So far it looks like the reports on it are largely positive. Positive re-enforcement works just as well as negative. 

Ubisoft has done too much damage for over a year to justify buying any of their stuff.  I don't care what good they put out right now.  They need to feel it hurt their bottom line in a huge way before they learn their lesson.  Also think about this and think about it good how long is the life cycle of the Xbox One and PS4?  So far Ubisoft has kissed the arses of the console makers and will continue to do so for the life of those things most likely as long as they get the bribes they want from MS and Sony and as long as they have people keep buying their games.  Seriously stop it with the bs about supporting good games.  That is ok if a company isn't doing all the things Ubisoft has done for well over a year now.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

FTR - MSI AB does work 'out of the box' just fine on my end to display stats/fps, default install options, nothing changed except enabling the OSD.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

So I have been playing FC4, but wanted to know the FPS.

FRAPS crashes when it tries to hook into it, MSI Afterburner crashes the game when it tries to hook into it.

Anyone know why, or give me an alternative way to find out the FPS?

EDIT: Apprently I shouldn't be able to play it without torrenting it. Well, blame G2A for sending me a legitimate key early.

9772089fd5.png

Why didn't you just use the FPS counter that's built in to GeForce Experience/Shadow Play?

P.S. Sod everyone here getting arsey about using G2A. If it saves me money then I will use it!

My Rig!

Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D, Mobo: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming, CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K (OC'd to 4.2Ghz), RAM: 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400Mhz, GFX: 2 x Gigabyte GTX770 OC Windforce in SLI, CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i with Corsair SP120 Quiet edition fans, SSD: 2 x 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro in Raid 0, Storage: 2Tb WD Caviar Black, PSU: Corsair AX760i, Monitor: Benq XL2024T Keyboard: Corsair K70, Mouse: Razer Taipan

HOLY CRAP IT'S BEEN FOUND

Use -skipintro on the shortcuts

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I got the game yesterday aswell (17th).
I got the far cry 4 kyrat edition so not just a key.

And i played the game yesterday aswell, need a new driver so i can run my sli but else i running great at 30-40fps on ultra with one OC GTX760 4GB

Other games i also buy on G2A or on Kinguin.
If the key works on Steam/Origin/Uplay how can it be a stolen/pirated key?

New games her in denmark cost around 100-110$, and on G2A and Kinguin i can buy the game(key) for around 50$.
Thats way i buy the game there to save some money 

You sir, have a wonderful day ?  | Sorry for my bad dyslexia English  :(

Spoiler

Gaming PC - MB: MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE - CPU: AMD 3950X - RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3733 C17 DC - 32GB - GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti ROG STRIX OC - 11GB GDDR6 - Soundcard: Creative Sound Blaster ZXR - Headset: Sennheiser PC350SE - PSU: Corsair AX860i - SSD: Samsung 980PRO 1TB - SSD: Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB

HTPC - MB: MSI B450M MORTAR - CPU: AMD 2400G - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 3200MHz 32GB - GPU: AMD 2400G - PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium Fanless 600W - SSD: Samsung EVO 120GB - HDD: 7x 3TB WD RED in raid 6 - Raid controller: MEGARAID LSI 9361-8I