[Rumor] GTX 980 Ti Release Date Set For February 2015 Rumored As Specs Leaked Online!

HermanT

Good news for those eagerly awaiting the GTX 980 Ti as not only has the specs leaked online but the GTX 980 Ti release date may have been revealed as well, if the reports and rumors are to be believed.

"Initial specs (of the GTX 980 Ti) put this monstrous Maxwell-powered graphics card at roughly 50% more powerful than the GTX Titan Black."John Sutton of GameDebate.com has reported about the GTX 980 Ti specs that leaked recently and he has claimed that the GTX 980 Ti would be at least 50% percent faster than one of the fastest single GPU cards in the market today.

"That's some serious power under the hood, but where does it all come from? Firstly, the GM200 GPU will be on a 551mm2 die, with an estimated 20-22 Streaming Multiprocessors Maxwell (SMM) giving a total of between 2560 and 2816 CUDA cores. This will all be on a 384-bit memory bus, up from the 256-bit bus seen on the GeForce GTX 980 and the GeForce GTX 970."

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/52474/20141113/gtx-980-ti-release-date.htm

http://www.game-debate.com/hardware/?gid=2490&graphics=GeForce%20GTX%20980%20Ti%208GB

probably just a rumor, the 50% leap that they are claiming makes me call BS...

but we might see it revealed at the upcoming CES at the very least...

Good news for those eagerly awaiting the GTX 980 Ti as not only has the specs leaked online but the GTX 980 Ti release date may have been revealed as well, if the reports and rumors are to be believed.

"Initial specs (of the GTX 980 Ti) put this monstrous Maxwell-powered graphics card at roughly 50% more powerful than the GTX Titan Black."John Sutton of GameDebate.com has reported about the GTX 980 Ti specs that leaked recently and he has claimed that the GTX 980 Ti would be at least 50% percent faster than one of the fastest single GPU cards in the market today.

"That's some serious power under the hood, but where does it all come from? Firstly, the GM200 GPU will be on a 551mm2 die, with an estimated 20-22 Streaming Multiprocessors Maxwell (SMM) giving a total of between 2560 and 2816 CUDA cores. This will all be on a 384-bit memory bus, up from the 256-bit bus seen on the GeForce GTX 980 and the GeForce GTX 970."

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/52474/20141113/gtx-980-ti-release-date.htm

http://www.game-debate.com/hardware/?gid=2490&graphics=GeForce%20GTX%20980%20Ti%208GB

probably just a rumor, the 50% leap that they are claiming makes me call BS...

but we might see it revealed at the upcoming CES at the very least...

giphy.gif

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

If this holds any water, does anyone reckon that it'd effect the pricing of the current 900 series? Might be worth a wait, maybe, not holding my breath.

PLEASE

I would love to go from my 780ti to SLI 980tis... I would probably smile from ear to ear

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

If this is right then yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssss maybe nvidia will pwn all of us and put it on 20nm vs 28 like amd

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

All of that power and it still won't be able to run Assassin's Creed Unity.

Ubisoft

post-66400-0-68650100-1414540468.gif
Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

All of that power and it still won't be able to run Assassin's Creed Unity.

well considering they were targeting this generation GPU hardware, I wouldn't be surprised if it runs like crap, perhaps even worse.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

If this holds any water, does anyone reckon that it'd effect the pricing of the current 900 series? Might be worth a wait, maybe, not holding my breath.

who'd say it will affect pricing... we are dealing with nvidia... they might just put 1k tag on it and conversation over... titan 2 anyone?

THE MOST POWERFULL CARD FOR GAMING BUILD YET (i despise it when they do that)

who'd say it will affect pricing... we are dealing with nvidia... they might just put 1k tag on it and conversation over... titan 2 anyone?

THE MOST POWERFULL CARD FOR GAMING BUILD YET (i despise it when they do that)

390x....

im still betting on there not being a 980 ti

^ This I really really doubt it'll be called a 980ti in fact seeing it still being called that when we know it's not a 980 core is starting to annoy me as it's plan stupid IMO I'd say there's more chance of it being called a 985(stealing from amds 285) then there is 980ti and I highly doubt that also.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

im still betting on there not being a 980 ti

This. there has not been a x80ti before until they had to release in in the 700 series due to Hawaii. 

im pretty sure the big maxwell (im betting on GM210) will be reserved for 10xx series (or whatever they call it... G9 Pwnzorz 800 anyone?) and they will announce its existance on february (or maybe just that the next gen will be 14/16nm FinFET+) and release like usually, in Q3, 2015

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

I still hold by this is a repeat of Kepler, where the 980 will be followed by the titan 2, and then there'll be a 1080 and a 1080ti based on the same arch (big Maxwell) as the titan 2.

We're hearing about the titan 2 right now.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

^ This I really really doubt it'll be called a 980ti in fact seeing it still being called that when we know it's not a 980 core is starting to annoy me as it's plan stupid IMO I'd say there's more chance of it being called a 985(stealing from amds 285) then there is 980ti and I highly doubt that also.

well we can speculate on anything... 750 has nothing to do with kepler, and yet its in the 7xx series...  "980ti" is just a nickname for (next maxwell flagship gpu)

well we can speculate on anything... 750 has nothing to do with kepler, and yet its in the 7xx series...  "980ti" is just a nickname for (next maxwell flagship gpu)

So wait being in the same series suddenly is the same as saying it's the same GPU? What type of twisted logic is that a old 560 and 560ti for examples are the same core a 780 and 780ti once again are the same core being in the same series with a different core isn't anything new.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

So wait being in the same series suddenly is the same as saying it's the same GPU? What type of twisted logic is that a old 560 and 560ti for examples are the same core a 780 and 780ti once again are the same core being in the same series with a different core isn't anything new.

im repeating you own words, if it aint anything new, then it CAN be called 980 ti and we CAN speculate on anything, as simple as that...

im repeating you own words, if it aint anything new, then it CAN be called 980 ti and we CAN speculate on anything, as simple as that...

What? I didn't say you can't speculate at all and you're not repeating my own words at all you're clearly getting confused between series and model numbers.. I also didn't say it's never happened I just can't think of a instance off hand where Nvidia have released a TI version of a card that's used a different GPU TI versions have always typically been the same core with either a higher clock speed or fully functional version of the same core when the regular version has had some parts disabled.

Just like you can speculate I CAN think it's stupid and I CAN be annoyed by it right?

I didn't insult you nor anyone else for speculating I just agreed that I doubt it will be called 980ti and think it would be stupid for them to call it that if it uses a different core.

What? I didn't say you can't speculate at all and you're not repeating my own words at all you're clearly getting confused between series and model numbers.. I also didn't say it's never happened I just can't think of a instance off hand where Nvidia have released a TI version of a card that's used a different GPU.

I am repeating, and I am confused in your sentences and logic... let it go, no point in arguing further...

I am repeating, and I am confused in your sentences and logic... let it go, no point in arguing further...

You were the only one trying to argue and I'm sorry if you can't understand the difference between the 9xx(900 series) being the series and the x80 part being the model of the particular part in the series.

390x....

You must show me this wonderful time travel device you've acquired as neither of these cards exist in our universe! Seriously though let's all wait for them to be at least confirmed to exist before making judgement...

Specs: CPU: FX 8350 MOBO: Crosshair V Formula-Z RAM: 2x4GB Kingston HyperX Beast 1600Mhz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce GHz Edition PSU: Corsair CX750M Case: Corsair 750D Storage: Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB + WD 2TB Green + WD 200GB Black (non-functional/to take up space) Monitor: ASUS PB238Q Upgrade Plans Herehttp://pcpartpicker.com/user/chipsndip104/saved/3AAt

You must show me this wonderful time travel device you've acquired as neither of these cards exist in our universe! Seriously though let's all wait for them to be at least confirmed to exist before making judgement...

this will most def affect the pricing, as the quote mentioned. also you can never have a 'BEST' gpu when theres always one right around the corner.

altho in my opinion amd flagship is usually way worth the money.

this will most def affect the pricing, as the quote mentioned. also you can never have a 'BEST' gpu when theres always one right around the corner.

altho in my opinion amd flagship is usually way worth the money.

You can how ever technically have the best publicly available GPU at the time for though.(well at least for a specific purpose)