Ubisoft Stock Down 9.33%

imthewalrus

The sooner they get rid of whatever cretin is running that shitshow the better.

Why? Ubisoft employs an insane amount of talented artists and programmers, not to mention their massive catalogue of high quality titles. Hang the leaders, not the entire country.

Not only this, but whether we like them or not, the big triple-A publishers are the "whales" of the gaming industry. Their losses substantially affect the size of the PC gaming industry, reducing its profitability and viability for everyone else. No one benefits from this in the long-term.

Why? Ubisoft employs an insane amount of talented artists and programmers, not to mention their massive catalogue of high quality titles. Hang the leaders, not the entire country.

Better them work for someone who will let them flourish rather than force them to work quickly and bash titles out yearly.

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

At this rate, Ubi's stock will sink below AMD level.

Wait when kids tell their rich dads that ubisoft is fucked up. then it all will go down. I bet EA will buy ubisoft

Thats good news

i hope they go bankrupt.

you know... i was always lenient with ubi because i believe that they can get back up and out of their asses. but they have made so many mistakes in such little amounts of time that i also hope they get fucked up. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Not only this, but whether we like them or not, the big triple-A publishers are the "whales" of the gaming industry. Their losses substantially affect the size of the PC gaming industry, reducing its profitability and viability for everyone else. No one benefits from this in the long-term.

That's the kind of fallacious argument you'd usually expect to hear from Ubisoft.

I can't say I hope they go bankrupt but I hope this shakes them off their idea that they can do anything and get away with it.

We all were expecting the game to go badly in PC, but console too? That's just sloppy now.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

I'm making a prediction, it will take a while but EA and Ubisoft merger is coming. Ubisoft will go into financial trouble and EA will buy them.

Evil + More Evil = EASoft.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

And mine.

I too hope they go bankrupt and lose everything. The talent that works for them should have no trouble migrating to better pastures.

I'm making a prediction, it will take a while but EA and Ubisoft merger is coming. Ubisoft will go into financial trouble and EA will buy them.

Evil + More Evil = EASoft.

1289.jpg?new=1

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

That's the kind of fallacious argument you'd usually expect to hear from Ubisoft.

Except its true. 

Ubisoft is one of the pillars of the industry. They go down, it affects everyone. Joe blow making shitty indie games for Steam Greenlight does not keep the gears turning on this industry, not even remotely. And if Ubisoft goes down, thousands of people are just supposed to get hired at a different company because as we all know, companies are always looking to add redundancy to their workforce and take on more than they really need. Its so easy to say "they should fine a better company to work for" when you don't understand how companies hire and why people get laid off in the first place and why they struggle to get positions elsewhere in their field. 

Except its true. 

Ubisoft is one of the pillars of the industry. They go down, it affects everyone. Joe blow making shitty indie games for Steam Greenlight does not keep the gears turning on this industry, not even remotely. And if Ubisoft goes down, thousands of people are just supposed to get hired at a different company because as we all know, companies are always looking to add redundancy to their workforce and take on more than they really need. Its so easy to say "they should fine a better company to work for" when you don't understand how companies hire and why people get laid off in the first place and why they struggle to get positions elsewhere in their field. 

Ah yes, the old "too big to fail" fallacy. Excuse me if I file that along with...

The Resolution is just a number fallacy.

The 30fps is more cinematic fallacy.

And the DRM stops Piracy fallacy.

Ah yes, the old "too big to fail" fallacy. Excuse me if I file that along with...

I didn't say too big to fail. I said if they fail, they drastically change the industry landscape. 

Keep pulling nonsense out of your hat in a vain attempt to make a point, I'll wait for critical reasoning to kick in so we can have a reasonable discussion. 

You could at least put in a genuine attempt to explain how it's fallacious. Your comment stinks of a reactionary, "if you're not with us, you're against us" mentality.

Edit:

And this is a straw man argument. I think you might need to look up the definition of "fallacy."

I didn't say too big to fail. I said if they fail, they drastically change the industry landscape. 

Keep pulling nonsense out of your hat in a vain attempt to make a point, I'll wait for critical reasoning to kick in so we can have a reasonable discussion. 

I don't exactly think the industry landscape would change. There exists a lot of big developers including valve, EA (who has been behaving less evil-ish lately), Activision (which includes Blizzard), and others.. Heck even smaller studios like Bethesda create stupidly good games. Ubisoft is a big chunk of the market, but if they fail they will most likely sell their smaller branches to other companies like Sony, EA or activision who will most likely pump more money out of them. 

Didn't people also say that to an extent about THQ?

Granted you could argue that THQ isn't as big as Ubisoft, you could say they had some relevant IPs prior to the company facing bankruptcy due to horrible business decisions.

In fairness, it was a play on the nonsense that Ubisoft has spouted over the last few months.

If I were to make a point, it would be a simple one. Ultimately the consumer will decide whether the gaming industry needs Ubisoft to exist, and it's a simple choice you either think their games are worth purchasing, or you don't. If they make crap games and treat their customers like idiots, they deserve to fail, just like any other developer / publisher.

And this is a straw man argument. I think you might need to look up the definition of "fallacy."

Uhm, I was mocking Ubisoft.

Uhm, I was mocking Ubisoft.

No, you were mocking the person you were replying to by lumping together their point with things they weren't even talking about. That's a straw man argument, and interestingly, a textbook example of a logical fallacy.

If I were to make a point, it would be a simple one. Ultimately the consumer will decide whether the gaming industry needs Ubisoft to exist, and it's a simple choice you either think their games are worth purchasing, or you don't. If they make crap games and treat their customers like idiots, they deserve to fail, just like any other developer / publisher.

To keep this in perspective, I was talking about the people in this thread who claim they want to see Ubisoft cease to exist. If Ubisoft makes mistakes, as they have, of course they deserve to see their stock prices slip. But it's childish and short-sighted to hope for them to collapse. That wouldn't be good for anybody.

As much as I personally prefer indie games lately, if that was all we had our hobby would be about as big or relevant to civilization as stamp collecting.

Except its true. 

id software is the forerunner of the FPS industry. They can't possibly go away

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Yes, that's a large drop in a short time. However there was an equally large and fast rally during the hype cycle just last month as the game approached launch.

https://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=UBI.PA+Interactive#%7B%22range%22%3A%221y%22%2C%22scale%22%3A%22linear%22%7D

There's still a long ways to fall with a price correction pointing back towards to the October 13th 2014 price of $11.52.

Bashing on ubisoft is great as it's an easy target, but if you're going to attack their stock price set your charts to look back further than 24-48 hours. Their stock while volatile has seen continued growth for the past 4 years.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.