Ubisoft Stock Down 9.33%

imthewalrus

Yes, that's a large drop in a short time. However there was an equally large and fast rally during the hype cycle just last month as the game approached launch.

https://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=UBI.PA+Interactive#{"range"%3A"1y"%2C"scale"%3A"linear"}

There's still a long ways to fall with a price correction pointing back towards to the October 13th 2014 price of $11.52.

Bashing on ubisoft is great as it's an easy target, but if you're going to attack their stock price set your charts to look back further than 24-48 hours. Their stock while volatile has seen continued growth for the past 4 years.

When a company releases a successful product normally their stocks rise, of course the news here is that they have dropped horribly. I never bashed at ubisoft but it is pretty obvious why the stock dropped. Go ahead and read the full post instead of bashing me.

Yes, that's a large drop in a short time. However there was an equally large and fast rally during the hype cycle just last month as the game approached launch.

https://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=UBI.PA+Interactive#%7B%22range%22%3A%221y%22%2C%22scale%22%3A%22linear%22%7D

There's still a long ways to fall with a price correction pointing back towards to the October 13th 2014 price of $11.52.

Bashing on ubisoft is great as it's an easy target, but if you're going to attack their stock price set your charts to look back further than 24-48 hours. Their stock while volatile has seen continued growth for the past 4 years.

I'd also like to add more to your post so that hopefully some of the members here realize just how silly their "DEATH TO UBISOFT" rants really are...

Dec 17, 2013 = $9.30

June 10, 2014 = $15.18

Aug 8, 2014 = $11.21

Nov 6, 2014 = $14.19

Nov 12, 2014 = $13.27

So within a calendar year almost, their share price right now isn't the highest nor the lowest. Its actually closer to the high side. And their historical values? Well, pardon me for shitting on the circle jerk here but...in April of 2013 they were at $7.65. So what do all these numbers mean? To the investors and board of directors, a little but not a whole lot. Fluctuations are par for the stock market, this is because the stock market runs off speculation and not fact. Ubisoft "tanking" in the stocks isn't really tanking. Nothing will change. Life will go on. Even Apple drops in value after a product announcement and launch. Why? No one really knows why, because El-O-El the market is a unpredictable thing. 

Kinda sad that people are so quick to the gun about Ubisoft dying or going under or losing cash or investor confidence or the board being this or that or really anything. This isn't even their lowest share price of the year. It goes under 10 dollars, then the higher ups start roaming the hallways with a sword looking for blood. Till then? I dub this thread...

SPECULATION! 

Ah yes, the old "too big to fail" fallacy. Excuse me if I file that along with...

The Resolution is just a number fallacy.

The 30fps is more cinematic fallacy.

And the DRM stops Piracy fallacy.

Well, one isn't a fallacy:

Profit is just a number.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Made this today...

kmfejAN.gif

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Didn't people also say that to an extent about THQ?

Granted you could argue that THQ isn't as big as Ubisoft, you could say they had some relevant IPs prior to the company facing bankruptcy due to horrible business decisions.

I am pretty sure they did. I am also pretty sure THQ going bankrupt didn't really change a whole lot.

There are so many gaming studios that produces great games that I don't really think any single company going under would have a huge negative effect on the market. If you look at the Rapt statistics of most played games you can see that Ubisoft games aren't even in the top 20. And yes Raptr is by no means the be-all-end all gaming statistics but it's a fairly big report.

Anyway time for the obligatory Ubisoft mockery.

"Stock price is just a number".

"13 USD is more cinematic. It's closer to the cost of a ticket at the cinema".

No, you were mocking the person you were replying to by lumping together their point with things they weren't even talking about. That's a straw man argument, and interestingly, a textbook example of a logical fallacy.

Well my original point was that your argument (Ubisoft being an integral "whale" of the PC gaming ecosystem) sounded to me like what I'd expect Ubisoft to say when faced with falling stock prices and poor sales.

I lumped a misrepresentation of that in with all the other Ubisoft arguments, and then deliberately didn't argue against any of the original points raised.

It was meant to be irritating cinematic.

You forgot to mention their great excavator crew. 

their stock is down cuz they gotta buy a tunneling drill now

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Unity seems like it coula been great if they didn't add  the microtransactions, made it run a little better by dropping some of the unnecessary effects, dropped maybe a thousandd NPC's on the screen at a time, didn't use the companion app for stuff, made it less reliant on the co-op, and maybe just worked from the bottom up instead of making the most demanding game ever and then deciding on how to gimp it.

I'm glad that Valve is not publicly listed...

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

lol good, whoever trades or owns ANY shares of their stock and finds it a good stock deserves to lose the money...

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

It's all good man. Ubisoft is taking the high road and recognized that now everyone understands that resolution doesn't matter with their new companion app for AC Unity. It was all just a bad memory. Oh Ubisoft...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=931456

qLbWg55.jpg

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

gallery_37587_679_873.png

I thought Ubisoft was past that point and all ready on to the Drilling Operations :D:(

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

It's all good man. Ubisoft is taking the high road and recognized that now everyone understands that resolution doesn't matter with their new companion app for AC Unity. It was all just a bad memory. Oh Ubisoft...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=931456

<1080p - resolutiongate>

That joke could have been funny if the game ran well and looked good despite not being 1080p. Since that's not the cause though it just looks like Ubisoft is giving everyone complaining the middle finger.

What a bunch of pricks.

Hopefully they learn a lesson from this. I don't want them to go bankrupt; but this did bring a smile to my face.

gallery_37587_679_873.png

kmfejAN.gif

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Best news I heard all day.

Maybe they'll do now a 180 like EA.

EA is still a pretty terrible company.

If Ubisoft is hitler right now, EA is stalin. A terrible person, but not looked at as such nearly as much

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

EA is still a pretty terrible company.

If Ubisoft is hitler right now, EA is stalin. A terrible person, but not looked at as such nearly as much

Now let's see what EA did this year:

They fixed Battlefield 4 and made community test environment, gave away free games,made the PC version of FIFA 15 with the new engine,they have the most games with Mantle support,delayed Battlefield Hardline, made an E3 with development footage instead of CGI,they give now refund on Origin(not even Valve does that),they added Twitch streaming to Origin,they added gametime so you can try out games,Sims 4 is PC exclusive, and they had sales like Steam.

I fail to see where they are evil in fact they supported PC gaming more in the last few years than Valve who does nothing but make money off Steam.

RTX2070OC 

phenom x 4 955 /zalman 120mm cooler/ asus crosshair furmula 3 / 8gb corsair xm3 ram /saphhire r9 280/ wd black 1tb/ lg bluray drive/pci usb 3/nzxt 530 case

IM NOT YELLING I HAVE TO USE ALL CAPS FOR WORK

At this point I just hope Ubisoft goes bankrupt and all the good employees get new jobs at a company that doesn't suck stock market disk and all the shit employees go homeless. They are quite literally ruining the gaming industry. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

They fixed Battlefield 4 and made community test environment

They did not fix BF4 this year. They've made progress sure but check the forums on battlelog, there are still lots of people having problems. I put 150 hours into BF4 using a crossfire setup but since the fall patch the only way I can get the game to run is by disabling a card.

Also, BF4 was released in 2013 at $100 for BF4 with premium so they shouldn't have had to "fix" it in 2014.

I can't speak for the PC version (I wish I could, but Unity came with the Xbox One I got for $200 after trading in my 360) but although on the Xbox One there are a few graphic glitches and the frame rate doesn't compare to what my GTX 970 would get, I still think it is perfectly playable and a fun game I would willingly pay $50 for. I experienced first hand the extreme stutter of Watch Dogs on the PC, and I understand some of the complaints with this game, but I have seen much, much lower quality games released over the years with way less hate directed toward the developers. I fail to see why the Ubisoft hate has gotten this crazy. If they released this game like this and did nothing to fix it, I could understand some animosity, but it appears that they intend to fix the issues. I'd rather have the game now, since I haven't seen any game breaking problems, and let them fix it as I play.

I'm aware that this is an unpopular opinion.