[G SIX] LukaP's Mac Pro G5 Log [Phase: Back online]

LukaP

I would donate...

though I can't D:

I believe... hmmmmmmmm... 

though the g5 reminds me of the prodigy

Its okay, i appreciate the thought alone :)

Well yeah, the Prodigy is based on the G5 extensively (including the reversed motherboard layout)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Luka, in the times it's taken you to build this, I've built mine, used it, sold it, and its currently with it's THIRD owner. What is taking so long?

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Luka, in the times it's taken you to build this, I've built mine, used it, sold it, and its currently with it's THIRD owner. What is taking so long?

i have a 6am-7pm job basically. Plus social life to keep afloat :P 

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

• 4 weeks later...

Wow. 28 pages and almost a full year and we have a hole cut in a case. Much impress, so build log. 

First off, thanks for taking a look at this, means a lot. :)

Recently, i have acquired Apple's Mac Pro Gen5 case, which i have wanted for ages. My plan is to custom fabricate a new back I/O plate and the motherboard tray, to make it fit an ATX board, and its expansion. I wish to make a mod worthy good enough that i can ask for sponsorship from companies to be able to fit it with hardware as good as the case itself is.  ^_^

I got it in this state. Physically its in a great condition apart from the dirt, since it was apparently sitting in a shed for the last couple of years

As you can see, the front is still as classy as it was when it was new, and im planning on keeping it that way.

The insides are extremly roomy, im actually looking forward to working in here, nowhere to cut yourself on.

The back will soon go away, will be replaced by a very similar design, but able to accomodate the ATX form factor

It still had the plastic foil on the (4.5mm thick) side panel :D

If you have any questions, please do ask :)

Hope you have liked what you have seen, and be sure, there will be even more awesome stuff coming soon, so subscribe. ^^

I actually have a Mac Pro 1,1 spare, which is the same case as the one you have here!

The GPU died in mine (well, works actually).

But it's basically dead, so I could "throw it away" into my car and take it home to fix up and maybe do something like this too! - IF I had the time... :(

Looks very interesting though! Excited to see how it all turns out. :D

Wow. 28 pages and almost a full year and we have a hole cut in a case. Much impress, so build log. 

Well some of us dont sit around at home all day doing jack shit, and when we do its because we are on a well deserved break from work ;)

Well some of us dont sit around at home all day doing jack shit, and when we do its because we are on a well deserved break from work ;)

Over 6k posts, accuses someone else of being a bigger no-life than himself. Wat. 

Over 6k posts, accuses someone else of being a bigger no-life than himself. Wat. 

most of those ive accumulated before i got a job ;)

what is your job  :)

CPU: 4790K (4.8 ghz) | COOLING: Custom Liquid Cooling (240 mm rad) | GPU: GTX 980 ti Superclocked+ (2x)  | MOBO: Gryphon Z97 Armor Edition | RAM: Kingston (4x4 gb 1600 mhz) | SSD: 850 Evo (250 gb) | HDD: Black (1.5 tb) | CASE: Enthoo Evolv | PSU: G2 850 (850 w) | DISPLAYS: Acer XB270HU bprz / Philips 246V5LHAB/27 (3x) | KEYBOARD: Vengeance K60 | MOUSE: Naos 7000 | HEADSEAT: H Wireless / Cloud 2 | For the exact parts visit my PCPartpicker it even includes my Desk and some other stuff.

what is your job :)

He is an amazing dev kappa.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

what is your job  :)

road markings

He is an amazing dev kappa.

and that. no kappa

If you don't like the way it is:

tumblr_inline_nump6jRGQs1tr87fa_500.gif

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

uXT2tvn.gif

I just liked how he was like complaining like an investor while he nothing to do with the project. If you wanna complain feel free to donate to Lukap and rest assured he will work.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Most of mine have been made while on the job. 

tumblr_inline_nump6jRGQs1tr87fa_500.gif

Or I could stay and comment. That's what these threads are for. These attention whore threads are silly. 

These attention whore threads are silly. 

gEMPl.gif

well sorry for having some enjoyment/entertainment/learning going on in this world.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

gEMPl.gif

well sorry for having some enjoyment/entertainment/learning going on in this world.

I like there to be a little more build and a little less log in my build log threads. I'm going to start one and on page 50 I'll wire up a single fan. "Always leave them wanting more" was a saying but goddamn this is a little extreme. 

I like there to be a little more build and a little less log in my build log threads. I'm going to start one and on page 50 I'll wire up a single fan. "Always leave them wanting more" was a saying but goddamn this is a little extreme. 

did you even read most of this thread? :P

this aint just a normal ordinary buildlog, this one is kinda unplanned, without real thought of tools and budget, just like my arduino project, sometimes it's hard to find the time for stuff and get it done, ewspecially when you are working with a limited amount of tools and a small to non-existing budget.

Most of mine have been made while on the job. 

well then someone needs more work, or getting fired.

Or I could stay and comment. That's what these threads are for. These attention whore threads are silly. 

Or you couldnt, if you dont contribute to the thread. 

make whatever kinda thread you like. here we like to talk about stuff and actually have fun instead of me just showing off what i do. and if it bothers you that we also have a conversation that makes this thread big, then ooops, im so not fucking sorry i hurt your pathetic little feelings. now get out, we dont need you here

did you even read most of this thread? :P

this aint just a normal ordinary buildlog, this one is kinda unplanned, without real thought of tools and budget, just like my arduino project, sometimes it's hard to find the time for stuff and get it done, ewspecially when you are working with a limited amount of tools and a small to non-existing budget.

Unplanned? No real thought? It's been over a year and the only thing that I've seen actually happen is a hole cut in the case. There is plenty of time for planning. 

well then someone needs more work, or getting fired.

Or you couldnt, if you dont contribute to the thread. 

make whatever kinda thread you like. here we like to talk about stuff and actually have fun instead of me just showing off what i do. and if it bothers you that we also have a conversation that makes this thread big, then ooops, im so not fucking sorry i hurt your pathetic little feelings. now get out, we dont need you here

Not contributing? I'm stirring the pot. Maybe now something will get done to your build to prove me wrong/shut me up. You can do it. 

Not contributing? I'm stirring the pot. Maybe now something will get done to your build to prove me wrong/shut me up. You can do it. 

better hope @LukaP is going to wait till 2016 before updating, I got the time.

nope. cuz i dont care about you ;)

better hope @LukaP is going to wait till 2016 before updating, I got the time.

well ill do it slowly. uni is starting now, so i think i may have more time