Assassin's Creed gets the lowest scores in it's history , Pun intended

translation: Ubisoft didn't pay the review sites enough $$$.  Ubisoft also didn't provide them with early access copies either.

Can Ubisoft just please die already so that someone else can buy the franchise and take it back to what it used to be? I love AC, but I hate what Ubisoft is doing with it.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

Assassin's Creed is a dying franchise, just like COD.

i dont think cod is dying. thats what i used to think but unless there is a better FPS then it wont. imean how did halo die. cod 4 came along. there hasent really been a better FPS out there that can really eat that thing up. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

who do you know that honestly plays cod for the sp?

Me. Every time.

I've finished every single COD SP experience since COD2.

I don't always do SP first, but I always get round to finishing the SP campaign.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Me. Every time.

I've finished every single COD SP experience since COD2.

I don't always do SP first, but I always get round to finishing the SP campaign.

Do you buy the game for the sp or do you just play it because its there? Because those are two separate thing.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Do you buy the game for the sp or do you just play it because its there? Because those are two separate thing.

I buy the game for SP+MP together, I like both, but I don't steer clear of the SP forever even if I buy a game for MP.

But for COD, yeah I do buy it for SP 'to a degree'

If COD released a MP only title, I'd be annoyed SP was missing.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I completely agree, it seems as if once they added multiplayer the game went downhill. Could be a coincidence, but when Brotherhood released and I heard that it had multiplayer, I instantly knew this series was going downhill. I stopped playing AC after Brotherhood and I don't regret that decision.

The multiplayer is completely apart from the singleplayer. AC games have never been about multiplayer.

Depending on who you ask, 2 and Brotherhood are both regarded as the best in the series. I personally liked all of them, including AC1, since it was testing the waters with something fairly new. AC2 improved upon it immensely, and each subsequent game took several features of the past game and improved it on a larger scale: rebuilding Rome in Brotherhood (compared to Villa in AC2). Revelations improved upon rebuilding the Assassin Brotherhood. AC3 added naval combat, AC4 took it to unparalleled levels. AC: Unity likely tried something different too (haven't had the opportunity to try it), such as user-determined missions. Maybe the next one would make it more sandboxy. 

I enjoy AC games for many things, one of which being the attention to detail and historical accuracy/authenticity. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I got bored with the "Climbing and stabbing" gameplay 5 hours into Assassin's Creed 1. How other people made it through 4 games, I'll never know.

Brotherhood had an amazing world, which was incredibly immersive, pretty, deep and just fun to explore. none of the games since have made any improvements in my opinion.

i like turtles

Brotherhood had an amazing world, which was incredibly immersive, pretty, deep and just fun to explore. none of the games since have made any improvements in my opinion.

If you say that, you've clearly not experienced the Naval combat in AC4 in its entirety. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Wow. Swedish game site fz.se gavs it 5/5.

W1 | X4 965 | 4x2GB | HD7950 | 550w | 240GBx2

I got bored with the "Climbing and stabbing" gameplay 5 hours into Assassin's Creed 1. How other people made it through 4 games, I'll never know.

If you say that, you've clearly not experienced the Naval combat in AC4 in its entirety. 

I played AC4 to 50% total completion (only got through a tiny bit of the story as I spent most of my time sailing and exploring) and I concede that yes, AC4's naval combat is the best new feature of any AC title since. Still, I don't think it tops the atmospheric masterpiece that was brotherhood, and the core mechanics of AC4 remain identical to those in Brotherhood.

May I also remind you that Brotherhood already had the beginnings of the naval combat you see in black flag. It just took them three more games before they sold it as a brand new title.

i like turtles

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I have really high hopes for Far Cry 4 now...

There is only one good Assassin's Creed, and that game is Dishonored.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

There is only one good Assassin's Creed, and that game is Dishonored.

I own that game. I'll play it next. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

word on the street is that if you play Unity offline, the performance doubles... are Ubisoft data mining your behaviour while you play, or full on mining with your machine? :D

glad I am bored with AC and didn't buy it.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Assassin's Creed is a dying franchise, just like COD.

I wish I couldn't agree with this but it's true. Not to sound like a hipster but I loved it when it was a niche franchise yet big enough for sequels to be made with great care and attention to detail. Annualized franchises are the worst thing to happen to the games industry. Quality has taken a huge plunge because of it.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

The difference is that advanced warfare is actually good.

I wouldn't go that far it's better then the last few but I'd still call it complete shit aimed at 13 year olds and still wouldn't play if it were free.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

7.8, 7 and 6.5 are "the lowest scores in history"?

I concede that the games are shit straight from the first one to now, but jesus christ what the fuck happened to a proper scoring system. It's like anything below 5 is stuff to wipe your arse with and anything below 7 is worth it if you can pillage it from your neighbours when they're brutally murdered for having bad taste.

It kinda adds to the multitude of reasons as to why people are getting sick of all these big name sites, I guess.

6 or 7 scores mean something like this "We do not think that this is a good game but we kinda want next ubisoft game review copy.And we do not want to ruin our relationship with ubisoft so lets just give it a 7"

People needs to instantly react and stop buying a game if they lack so much quality cause of stupid and greedy reasons.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |