Blizzard reveals new shooter called "Overwatch"

Gruffalow

TF2 style games have been made before but they all failed because they failed to understand what made TF2 what it is. User generated content, community driven game. I'm not sure if Blizzard can pull that off.

Personally, I've never been interested in TF2... nor the original Team Fortress. The game is simply not that fun to me. There are way better multiplayer games in my opinion (CS, and Natural Selection are my favourites, really).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

The effort put into that post... oh well, merging would be a good idea. I know I was late once i posted it but i dont know how to remove it. 

I know. After I reported the two reposts, I was kind of disgusted with the original post. It's just a very lazy and poorly made news post. That's why I suggested the mods Merge all three threads into one, that way we keep the GOOD content, yet the original poster still gets his kudos for... I guess.. clicking post quickly :P

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

The gameplay looks interesting, I'm not a big fan of the characters though... I'd rather have them just shut up and have a generic look personally ^^ but these are details, doesn't stop the game from being fun.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

TF2 style games have been made before but they all failed because they failed to understand what made TF2 what it is. User generated content, community driven game. I'm not sure if Blizzard can pull that off.

Look at starcraft 2: full mod support and constant updates to the editor.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'm gunna play this!

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

This looks really cool! 

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Looks like Team Fortress 2 but with more classes and the classes are more interesting as well.

That cinematic trailer was beautifully animated. Why does Blizzard even bother with games if they are close to Pixar-tier animators?

Looks like Team Fortress 2 but with more classes and the classes are more interesting as well.

That cinematic trailer was beautifully animated. Why does Blizzard even bother with games if they are close to Pixar-tier animators?

Haha seriously. I want my Fully Animated CGI Starcraft movie! Blizzard employs enough good Cinematic CGI artists and writers to make it happen! I always loved the Cutscenes in SC1, BW, and SC2 + HotS.

They can have my money now.

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

Looks surprisingly awesome.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

This looks wicked! I'm keen to try it just because its blizzard but if its good thats even better!

'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'

Blizzard canned SC:Ghost but they made this crap?

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Holy shiieeeet!

This looks amazing, what a sweet looking trailer.  I can't wait to play this game.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Looks pretty nice, just signed up for beta. Keen to try it out.

Does anyone know if the game is strictly Multiplayer (Like TF2), or will it have an awesome cinematic single player story-driven campaign experience as well(Like SC, SC2, etc)?

Overwatch game aesthetics looks very cartoonish and childish. It seems to be geared towards a very young demo. I'm not very impressed with the graphics either. I'll pass on this game. Not worth a second look.

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

Swedish Engineer confirmed!

10/10! 

ok not really but i agree about TF2 look alike, it was also my first impression when i saw the trailer.

Signing up for Beta.

Speaking of Beta, i find it funny that This NEW game is in beta while HOTS is still in Alpha....>_>

did they say it's F2P? 

if you look at the flow of the industry i can say with 99% confidence that this will be free, micro transaction is a buzz word atm.

I actually like the look of this a lot. I never really liked TF2 very much for the same reason I wasn't a big fan of Halo's gameplay, it feel like you have to really lay into someone in order to kill them, it doesn't feel very snappy. This however looks awesome, lots of cool characters and the maps seem solid. Might actually be the first Blizzard game I really get into.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

That security guard playing Hearthstone is awesome

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

so Blizzard is making a TF2 clone? WTF?

Not really in to it IMO.

W1 | X4 965 | 4x2GB | HD7950 | 550w | 240GBx2