Blizzard reveals new shooter called "Overwatch"

Gruffalow

Blizzard revealed they're new project that they've been sitting on for god knows how long. Yeah its a shooter, Odd but cool i stoked to see blizzes take on this.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/7/7174985/breaking-blizzard-reveals-overwatch

i sign up for the bata hope they pick me ! I will post some footdage if possible when in beta

Something about TF2 just makes me not enjoy it.  But I'm pretty excited about This though!

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I liked the trailer, but the gameplay. It looks like TF2 in term of specs of character. And I really don't like all the HUD, explosion, light effect everywhere. It's like a MMO in FPS mode.

I would say, that it will failed. Like Shootmania, a lot of Hype, lot of Hope, but the results will be bad.

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

I'm not to stoked for it. Class fps and leveling games these days... As someone who owns all Blizzard games and play most of them, I'm 'meh' to new ones they have. Too generic and asymmetrical where balance flops and overall mechanic limits skill.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

You don't need perfect balance to make the game good. Extra Credits actually has an episode about why slightly imbalanced games can be better than perfectly balanced. Very good episode.

Going to have to disagree.

Perfect Imbalance sounds great in theory, but rarely works that way in practice. The imbalance has to be very slight, almost non-existent. What usually ends up happening is that a handful of particular configurations/playstyles/builds end up becoming the "meta" or the most optimal configuration. This breeds elitism among players, perpetuated by a few who want everyone to be running the meta to be considered good. If the imbalance is minuscule, this doesn't matter - a less optimal build can still get the edge if played correctly. The other problem with finding the meta is that soon, the meta would be the only thing players will run, forcing the developer to continuously change it until something else becomes the meta, and the cycle repeats itself. While the constant flux is good for the game, it doesn't really encourage players to use all configurations once the meta is found - people using less optimal configurations are considered subpar by the elitists, which causes a lot of problems within the community. 

A perfectly balanced game allows players to use any configuration they want and still be better, or worse. Two people can use the exact same configuration, but it's always possible one of them will come out on top. It's all in the hands of the player. A perfectly balanced game allows for endless experimentation and allowing any player to choose their own playstyle and still be effective if they play it correctly. Endless experimentation is actually a good thing - you don't have to learn every possible combination to counter it, you only need to figure out what to do when facing a particular configuration in the moment. 

That being said: both concepts are only great in theory, and rarely seen in practice. One example doesn't change that. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2