Hey Linus, here's that console killer case you wanted.

Syntaxvgm

The ventilation looks great. They have a blower card in the concept, and those can breathe with little clearance as it is. From my tests, you can run them face down on a table with 2mm of room, and as long as the air coming  in isn't hot, they will do fine.

However this design is great as it will allow most types of coolers. Idk if tall cards would conflict, but it certainly supports long ones. 

I'd cut a nice big square then plop on an NH-D15. Just kidding...

Main: i7 2600 | ASUS P8Z68-V | 2x4GB Vengeance 1600 | GTX 580 | WD Blue 1TB | Antec TP-650C | NH U12S | W7 x64

Backup: X6 1090T | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB XMS2 800 | GTX 550Ti | WD Blue 1TB |  Antec VP-450 | CM TX3 | W7 x64

Oh you wont have to. It's a money issue for me. I need to do some testing, but this summer was a rough one. Mother diagnosed with cancer (now in remission), SO left me, rough stuff put it on back burner. 

I mean so you can have a cooler kinda like for a console or a laptop, one solid chunk of metal with a good fan to blow air through.

I will be a **** for a second.  If you want Linus to notice original poster then in the title capitalize the first letter in his name.  

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I mean so you can have a cooler kinda like for a console or a laptop, one solid chunk of metal with a good fan to blow air through.

It's based on server cooling. But I believe I found a way to accomplish that without it being loud. 

The only negative is that it has to be accomplished with negative air pressure and a sealed case concept. It uses several fans. 

It also...may...have...more...than..one.screen...just an idea, first version likely not. We'll see how my designs for hinges go

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I will be a **** for a second.  If you want Linus to notice original poster then in the title capitalize the first letter in his name.  

:mellow:

<_<

Done

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I like the Fractal Design Node 605, no wait I love it. Would look good on a media rack next to an receiver. Might me too big for some though.

I like the Fractal Design Node 605, no wait I love it. Would look good on a media rack next to an receiver. Might me too big for some though.

So do I, it's wonderful, but that's a full size atx case. This is much, much smaller. 

muh specs 

All parts black

It's based on server cooling. But I believe I found a way to accomplish that without it being loud. 

The only negative is that it has to be accomplished with negative air pressure and a sealed case concept. It uses several fans. 

It also...may...have...more...than..one.screen...just an idea, first version likely not. We'll see how my designs for hinges go

Sounds interesting. :o Can you keep me updated? :D

Sounds interesting. :o Can you keep me updated? :D

If I ever get around to testing this concept in a mock build, this forum will be the first to know.

I have picked a perfect 1u case that I will be testing with.

Might Pm some pictures to some people while I'm testing, and screen testing. 

For now it's a  money factor. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Dayum! Just add a 120/140mm rad mount and its all good.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

If I ever get around to testing this concept in a mock build, this forum will be the first to know.

I have picked a perfect 1u case that I will be testing with.

Might Pm some pictures to some people while I'm testing, and screen testing. 

For now it's a  money factor. 

If I had money, I'd support it.

If I had money, I'd support it.

2 broke people with a dream. 

Yah, when the time comes, I'll be making it for myself. BUT if there is enough support, and the design ends up working well, I'm not against getting a CNC mill.

muh specs 

All parts black

Dayum! Just add a 120/140mm rad mount and its all good.

I think it might have a spot if you have a shorter card, if I remember later pictures and concepts. 

muh specs 

All parts black

2 broke people with a dream. 

Yah, when the time comes, I'll be making it for myself. BUT if there is enough support, and the design ends up working well, I'm not against getting a CNC mill.

One of us will win the lottery! :lol:

Looks awesome. It's still too deep though. I'd be okay being stuck with ITX size video cards and no internal power supply if we could bring the size down.

untitle.JPG

I love it because it's a small and think steam machine itx case with full length card support

I do see how that would be great and all, but with a small crowd funded thing like this, the power brick thing would be complicated. 

There are some clevo laptops with desktop CPUs that use two power bricks, so it is possible. 

The only reason I even warm up to the idea is that amazing itx 970 card. 

muh specs 

All parts black

This is magnificent

Looks awesome. It's still too deep though. I'd be okay being stuck with ITX size video cards and no internal power supply if we could bring the size down.

Well, one of this and one of that ^ would be perfect and then everybody would be happy : D

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

That is beautiful

Surely there are already cases that are console killer size.. like the silverstone RVZ01 and SST ML07B??? or are there issues with these I have not considered 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Damn that's a gorgeous case, wish it'd been available when I made my HTPC a few months ago.

You can get ITX 970s already. I kinda want one. with a case this size, you could CF two of them and just put them end-to-end.

I have to admit, assuming these 3D pictures are exactly like this in reality, the USB ports hole is cut closer to their actual size, and not like the lazy ass work by all case manufactures, in cutting the USB port hole way to big, exposing the USB casing. Now they should cut is a bit smaller and dye the USB port casing black, and it will be perfect.

Surprisingly this case looks really nice. Like how sleek it is without silly accents and over-the-top features on it. 

I semi-agree with you, having the case even smaller would be brilliant but honestly, I think a lot of people, but I could be wrong, would rather have a slightly bigger machine, with the things like a power supply built in, especially if the alternative is a (huge) external power brick... Unless they do a power brick perfectly right the first time I think it's seriously going to get in the way for people (and I'm talking original Xbox 360 size here).