Hey Linus, here's that console killer case you wanted.

Syntaxvgm

I suppose the PCI-E slot is using an extended ribbon cable?

Main: i7 2600 | ASUS P8Z68-V | 2x4GB Vengeance 1600 | GTX 580 | WD Blue 1TB | Antec TP-650C | NH U12S | W7 x64

Backup: X6 1090T | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB XMS2 800 | GTX 550Ti | WD Blue 1TB |  Antec VP-450 | CM TX3 | W7 x64

This needs to become real ASAP.

@LinusTech give them some publicity so they can make this case a reality faster...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I suppose the PCI-E slot is using an extended ribbon cable.

Yes of course...either that or a riser card.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Let's go even more compact than that!

Truth be told, I love that case and want one.

I have a secret project. Hint: It's 1u. And it's not a desktop form factor 

;)

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Well because of the orientation it has to be flexible. It's rotated like linus was wishing the Lian-Li one was. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I have a secret project. Hint. It's 1u. And it's not a desktop form factor 

;)

I'd be completely down to melt and mold my own cooler for a a tiny form factor case just so it can me smaller.

Well because of the orientation it has to be flexible. It's rotated like linus was wishing the Lian-Li one was. 

What do you mean? The PCI connector on the GPU is facing the PCI slots on the motherboard, just at a 90 degree angle. You can use a 90 degree PCIe riser for this.

Spoiler

I'd be completely down to melt and mold my own cooler for a a tiny form factor case just so it can me smaller.

Oh you wont have to. It's a money issue for me. I need to do some testing, but this summer was a rough one. Mother diagnosed with cancer (now in remission), SO left me, rough stuff put it on back burner. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Now I'm curious as to what the temps would be. But I'm sure it wouldn't cook itself to death like a console would.

Main: i7 2600 | ASUS P8Z68-V | 2x4GB Vengeance 1600 | GTX 580 | WD Blue 1TB | Antec TP-650C | NH U12S | W7 x64

Backup: X6 1090T | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB XMS2 800 | GTX 550Ti | WD Blue 1TB |  Antec VP-450 | CM TX3 | W7 x64

What do you mean? The PCI connector on the GPU is facing the PCI slots on the motherboard, just at a 90 degree angle. You can use a 90 degree PCIe riser for this.

It would make it face down. 

edit

didn't notice the motherboard was flipped. 

muh specs 

All parts black

This needs to become real ASAP.

@LinusTech give them some publicity so they can make this case a reality faster...

You found out my secret agenda! 

tumblr_m2b6e0q0uY1qeknrjo3_250.gif

I don't really have the money to back this atm, so why not this?

muh specs 

All parts black

Well I'm going Itx if thats what it looks like.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Now I'm curious as to what the temps would be. But I'm sure it wouldn't cook itself to death like a console would.

The ventilation looks great. They have a blower card in the concept, and those can breathe with little clearance as it is. From my tests, you can run them face down on a table with 2mm of room, and as long as the air coming  in isn't hot, they will do fine.

However this design is great as it will allow most types of coolers. Idk if tall cards would conflict, but it certainly supports long ones. 

muh specs 

All parts black

The intakes need to be filtered, but other than that it's really nice.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

It would make it face down. 

The mobo is upside down.

Stumped me at first xD

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.

The intakes need to be filtered, but other than that it's really nice.

As far as I know, the last case included filters and whatnot. For that caliber of case I'm willing to make my own though. 

muh specs 

All parts black

The mobo is upside down.

Stumped me at first xD

ohdayum 

I didn't notice that! 

muh specs 

All parts black

Quick! Everyone Tag @ Linustech!

I've seen this somewhere before.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)