NES build 1985-2015 30TH anniversary " NES 3.0"(completed final pics!)

ungreedy

I'm quite new here, so I didn't get to follow this from the start, but I must say that I enjoyed reading through the log, seeing how the build unfolded. Inspirational stuff, love the end result! I have to do a small compact build like this next. :)

Thanks.

I tried my best to document as much as possible.  

Nice. It looks cool in there in white compared to all the black.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright ungreedy, you got about a 2 week break since you finished this NES. Where's the next project?  :D

Awesome work. Hugely excited for whatever cockamamie idea you manage to pull off again.

Alright ungreedy, you got about a 2 week break since you finished this NES. Where's the next project?  :D

Awesome work. Hugely excited for whatever cockamamie idea you manage to pull off again.

I have something in the works:)

Feeling like I'll be ready to start modding in July.currently studying parts and dimensions. This phase is actually kinda fun!

Can't wait. I can only imagine after this build that your tricks are only going to be better for the next one.

Not sure how well you work with renderings and such, but it would be cool if you put out challenges to other members. Say you had some project ideas that you simply don't have the time (or resources) to execute, you could throw those ideas out there and watch someone make them come to life.

Please post the link of your new buildlog here, so I can immediately follow it, and have many more hours of amazing build time :)

I absolutely love the result, you did a great job on everything! :) I'll give you an 11/10 :P

You even inspired me to maybe eventually also do something like this... If I end up doing it, I'll defenitely post a build log on here.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Make sure to tag me in the next build pls 

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

People are talking about a new build... I want a tag. :D

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

If they had NES like that back in the 80's, we'd be riding flying motorbikes to Jupiter nowadays

New build? Tag plz.

all right... all right....

I'll tag all of you:) 

if anyone else would like a tag please PM with " log tag " as the title, I just don't want to fill up the end of this thread with tags ;)

I'll also drop a link on here once I get the ball rolling.

I'll be looking forward to this new build then :3

If they had NES like that back in the 80's, we'd be riding flying motorbikes to Jupiter nowadays

Err by that logic, we will be doing this is ~10 years time (accounting for technology advancement acceleration LOL).. I would put money on that we won't be doing this ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw that today and also saw it on Polygon's front page. Congrats man!

What if you could cram a 960 or something better in there? Make a second PC in another NES box or a Xbone with power far better than that of the consoles.

If you type NES in google, my build is the first thing you will see. At least for today  :)

Not for scottish people. http://prntscr.com/7ptbxk it is a few results down for me http://prntscr.com/7ptcem

Congrats, by the way, and can you tag me in your next build because i really like what you do.

What have you got planned for your next build?

Man, that is some voice in the video.

WTF!!! lol

good times, who makes this stuff :)

That made me cringe. Not only was it not necessary, they didn't even take the time to voice it themselves. Though, i am glad you are getting much deserved attention for your efforts. Hopefully you get some sponsors for your next build.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

• 3 weeks later...

MOTM voting has started!!! 

Show you love for the NES, or who ever you feel deserves it the most!

Happy voting :)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/191960-the-wan-show-featured-build-logs-guidelines-and-winners-listing/

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys just a FYI 

will be starting my new build log soon, will be a custom build of my beloved Define R4 figured since I am kinda broke I might as well be able to mod something I all ready own :)

I will be starting this as soon as I am done my test bench, as the test bench will be my main PC for a while lol. will do a little log on my test bench once I am done building it. 

until then...

Remember vote for the little Nintendo that could :) 

Thank you all for your support through out this build, lets make it a winner!!

http://linustechtips...inners-listing/

Did you have to cut any of the cable from the power supply? I got my HDplex yesterday and the CPU cable setup is odd did you cut the excess cable?

Did you have to cut any of the cable from the power supply? I got my HDplex yesterday and the CPU cable setup is odd did you cut the excess cable?

yes I did.

I removed half of the CPU cable for the CPU power since my mobo only required a 4 pin and also shortened the power input cables.

Less wires to deal with the better:)