MSNBC The Reid Report on #gamergate

Mattk50

So, apparently this is now a thing.

Checklist

-"Losers in their basement"

-Ignoring harassment and far more serious threats (needles sent to homes) on the other side

-Calling out a rival news site for not shitting on their audience

-Ignoring the fact that the post in question on 8chan was entirely replies denouncing the person doxing. the post was then also removed for violating doxing rules. Within minutes she then posted about it in twitter, make your own call on whether or not that's suspicious.

EDIT: This is expanding into the rest of the media i guess. Huffpo stream, worth watching because it had a truly neutral reporter on, and hotwheels the 8chan admin. Still very biased.

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/segment/gamergate-and-sexism-and-misogyny-in-video-game-culture-/5437df2b78c90a43d9000be8

And now brianna is going on CNN so we'll see how terrible that is.

....................../´¯/) 
....................,/¯../ 
.................../..../ 
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ 
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\ 
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...') 
.........\.................'...../ 
..........''...\.......... _.·´ 
............\..............( 
..............\.............\...

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Honestly what is the obsession with gate after everything. Just because we had the Watergate scandal 40 years ago, and Watergate was the actual name of the place, doesn't mean we need to put gate after everything anytime some controversial or crazy happens.

This made me cri evrtiem

;_;

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

You forgot to add:

-Strawman arguments (she got awards from the people she slept with, not favorable reviews).

-Still trying to push this as "this is men that don't want women in gaming" instead of "this is gamers who are sick and tired of people shitting on their hobby and calling them very bad things".

-Thinking that things are "attacks against women" when it's actually "attacks terrible fucking people". An inappropriate joke can be just as offensive to a guy as to a girl, yet they will think of it as sexism against women.

-Think that sites which are about video games should comment on "social issues" instead of you know, games. I really dislike IGN but I have to give them credit for actually sticking to reporting on games and not reporting on whatever "gaming culture" is involved with.

-There are so few women in the industry because they are getting rejected because they are women, and not because there simply aren't that many women interested in gaming on a professional level. They make it sound like there is a huge crowd of female game developers banging on EA's doors and the CEO going "oh no! Women are trying to make games for us, we better get rid of them!".

Imagine if we were having the same debate over middle school teachers and below, which are heavily female dominated jobs. "Baww middle school teachers are so sexist, that's why men don't want to work there! They are sexism pigs and I hate all of them. Teacher culture is dead and don't deserve any respect! We should stop teaching our kids things until we have solved this crisis!".

Edit: Oh and I think this thread is a perfect example to show that this is not "white men who hate women". Christina Sommers did a fair video about it and the respond was comments like "I want to marry this woman". I didn't see a single person say "she is a woman so her opinion is invalid" (at least not from the pro-gamergate side).

Imagine if we were having the same debate over middle school teachers and below, which are heavily female dominated jobs. "Baww middle school teachers are so sexist, that's why men don't want to work there! They are sexism pigs and I hate all of them. Teacher culture is dead and don't deserve any respect! We should stop teaching our kids things until we have solved this crisis!".

We should have quotas for every physical trait to ensure they are all in exact parity in every profession. We need perfect distribution of people of not only various race and genders, but of eye colors, heights, toe length, hair color, and nose shape. This is surely a good way to create diversity and definitely doesnt miss the point of having diversity in the first place.

The lispy acorn with a beard works for one of their affiliates, so yeah. Textbook conflict of interest. People spinning this narrative think they are accomplishing something. Gamers on the fence, I'm sure, will love to be called misogynist shitlords. The Holidays are the busiest time of the year for selling games and if their idea of generating revenue is angering their consumers, they need to fire the person in charge of marketing. Pre orders for games like the new Borderlands have been cancelled because of hate. Others lost respect for devs who opened their mouth to attack them and lost more future sales. When you focus on the business side of things without focusing on anything else, they are shooting themselves in the foot the more they amplify the #GamerGate signal.

8chan is getting free advertising and games like Bayonetta 2 are getting a boost in popularity because of Polygon giving them a score of 7.5 because they are scared of breasts. I will support devs that make cool things for their fans. The journo is a dying breed that serves no purpose but to spin a narrative.

PS: This is Wu's sockpuppet account https://twitter.com/BROLOLZ Probably not the wisest idea to tell others you have a sockpuppet account to prove some point when it can easily be used against you. This is the internet, literally anyone can make an account and pretend to be someone else. SA has been making these types of accounts for the sake of attacking both sides out of drama. They do it for free 10 dollars.

If Western devs start bowing down to this agenda and sensationalism, I will quit PC gaming and only support JP game devs since at least they aren't influenced by ideologies. They make games the way they want to.

I could only watch 62 seconds of this. I feel kind of sad haveing to thumbs down that video; 1 because it's the first time I have ever used the Youtube rateing system to thumbsdown something, and 2 this guy probably put this on his channel to raise awareness and now it's gonna get buried because of unfavourable score. @OP Shame on you for not summarizing better and makeing me watch that crap.

I could only watch 62 seconds of this. I feel kind of sad haveing to thumbs down that video; 1 because it's the first time I have ever used the Youtube rateing system to thumbsdown something, and 2 this guy probably put this on his channel to raise awareness and now it's gonna get buried because of unfavourable score. @OP Shame on you for not summarizing better and makeing me watch that crap.

It had to be done, because the video itself is why it's so terrible. Also, thumbs down and thumbs up count for the same in the youtube exposure system last i checked, it just measures activity.

anybody got links to relatively legit stories covering this whole gamersgate thing? I didn't care to follow it as it unfolded, but could use some reading material on slow days at work

I still haven't started fucking caring yet. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Don't worry, there are western developers which are standing up to this bullshit, like Jaffe.

So based.

On this issue, we share the same level of convictions. It is complete bullshit that disagreeing with someone and using facts to back up an argument is considered "harassment" and a "war against women" somehow.

anybody got links to relatively legit stories covering this whole gamersgate thing? I didn't care to follow it as it unfolded, but could use some reading material on slow days at work

This is a nice neutral gaming site.

What a grand way to welcome the newly awakened gaming masses to the bigger corruption party that is MSM.

Such biased bullcrap being spewed in that video.

Does anyone have a list of websites and people to avoid that aren't pro-gamergate?

Does anyone have a list of websites and people to avoid that aren't pro-gamergate?

Kotaku, Polygon, the Verge, and Leigh Alexander are the most slimy of them all.  Escapist is biased but they at least have the decency to allow open debate, and Erik Kain from Forbes is an excellent writer.  I thought Brianna would be reasonable, she was far from it.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Kotaku, Polygon, the Verge, and Leigh Alexander are the most slimy of them all.  Escapist is biased but they at least have the decency to allow open debate, and Erik Kain from Forbes is an excellent writer.  I thought Brianna would be reasonable, she was far from it.

Gamespot as well .

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Personally, I've also stopped visiting Cracked. They let Zoe Quinn write an article about how she's apparently the most hated person on the internet, followed it with a 'The 5 Ways Gamers Still Suck at Dealing With Women' a few days later, and have reject any submitted articles that don't portray GG negatively.

The Escapist as a website is still decent I think, but Moviebob is an asshole. But his videos are crap, including a 'PC Gaming is Dead' video a few years ago, so nothing of value was lost. Also, although I usually like Jim Sterling, he really isn't as neutral as he claims. The guy is pretty anti-GG.

Also, Neogaf has been banning users supportive of GG, including pretty famous youtuber boogie2988.

Pretty much any large "gaming" website. Reddit and 4chan are dead, so I'd say the best place to discuss it is either 8chan (thank based hotwheels) or Funnyjunk.

EDIT: If you're looking for youtubers who aren't biased, TotalBiscuit and JonTron are both on the side of gamergate. JonTron doesn't weigh in as much as TotalBiscuit, but he's still supportive.

I've stopped watching Egoraptor, as he out and out called most of his viewers idiots for being gamers when he hosts a primarily gaming focused channel.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Not all of reddit has turned, r/gaming and r/games are run by a pretty evil moderation team but there are still subreddits that allow discussion and the site's admins haven't intervened. From what i understand, they used their "anti brigading" clause to find an excuse to shadowban people in r/games discussions, but thats remotely happenning atm since people don't link to reddit anymore so it's probably fine. The subreddits discussing the issue most are r/pcgaming and r/kotakuinaction

I dont see horse addiction on that list, guess i dont qualify :D

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Personally, I've also stopped visiting Cracked. They let Zoe Quinn write an article about how she's apparently the most hated person on the internet, followed it with a 'The 5 Ways Gamers Still Suck at Dealing With Women' a few days later, and have reject any submitted articles that don't portray GG negatively.

The Escapist as a website is still decent I think, but Moviebob is an asshole. But his videos are crap, including a 'PC Gaming is Dead' video a few years ago, so nothing of value was lost. Also, although I usually like Jim Sterling, he really isn't as neutral as he claims. The guy is pretty anti-GG.

Also, Neogaf has been banning users supportive of GG, including pretty famous youtuber boogie2988.

Jim Sterling never claimed to be neutral. He did disclaimed his personal friendship with Zoe and his involvement in her games (in the future) as voice talent, but at the very beginning he tried to post an astoundingly stupid tweet where he tried to said having sex with a professional acquaintance wasn't a big deal. Unfollowed right then and there and if I ever go back to the escapist it would be to watch Yahtzee videos but right now, even tough Yahtzee is funny the escapist doesn't deserves my views so fuck that site too.

-------

Current Rig

-------