After mapping ocean floor, crews renew search for Malaysia Airlines flight 370

PillowSmoke

malaysia-airlines-pakistan-hijacked-lead

I really do hope they find this airplane, since considering we live in the age of technology having a plane of this size being lost all of a sudden is quite weird.

Six months ago, Malaysia Airlines flight 370 disappeared with 239 passengers on board after departing from Kuala Lumpur. After an initial frantic search to find the Boeing 777's black boxes before their batteries petered out, rescue crews called off efforts and began a major undertaking to map the seafloor. Now, four months later, those maps are complete, and the search is beginning anew this month as three ships plan to scour the search area for debris by dragging a sensor device just 330 feet (100 meters) above the seabed at a speed of seven miles per hour, according to the Associated Press.

The device, known as a towfish, is equipped with sonar to produced detailed imagery of the ocean floor, and they are tethered to the ships with six-mile cables. They also have jet fuel sensors on board, and crews can lift the devices and attach a video camera to investigate regions of particular interest.

The first ship is set to reach the search area, in a far-flung, previously unmapped stretch of the south Indian Ocean, tomorrow. Two additional ships, paid for by the Australian government, will join the first Malaysia-provided vessel in a few weeks' time. The search area encompasses a strip of ocean covering some 23,000 square miles. The final satellite pings from the flight led search crews to focus on the area, known as the "seventh arc." Both governments are said to be providing roughly $60 million to aid in the search.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

I still find it very suspicious that a complete boeing 777 just dissapeared

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

is this still a thing, like seriously...

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

is this still a thing, like seriously...

When you have relatives wanting to recover the bodies of loved ones for closure, you bet your arse it's still a 'thing'.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

I seriously think some extremist group like ISIS has it. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

I wonder how wide the range is for those sensors.

With three ships, in an area that big, you're looking at over a month and a half...provided the sensor can cover an area a mile wide.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I really hope they can find that plane.

I wonder how wide the range is for those sensors.

With three ships, in an area that big, you're looking at over a month and a half...provided the sensor can cover an area a mile wide.

Considering sound travels MUCH farther through water than air, it possibly could cover a large area.

I for one think there are three posibilities

1. Isis has is

2. It was a tragic mistake, pilot error, mechanical malfunction, pilot suicide

3. Political assassination of some sort, deliberately sent the plane off course or paid the pilot off by promising to take care of his family

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Considering sound travels MUCH farther through water than air, it possibly could cover a large area.

I for one think there are three posibilities

1. Isis has is

2. It was a tragic mistake, pilot error, mechanical malfunction, pilot suicide

3. Political assassination of some sort, deliberately sent the plane off course or paid the pilot off by promising to take care of his family

What about the plane never taking off in the first place? Sounds ludicrous with the news stories but people were arguing whether or not a black hole sucked them up.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

What about the plane never taking off in the first place? Sounds ludicrous with the news stories but people were arguing whether or not a black hole sucked them up.

Tommy_Lee_Facepalm_2574.png

I'm a tinfoil hat man, and even I find that ludicrous.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Cage of Eden = shit 

Is what i got out of that. And i'd say it's accurate  :P

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I'm a tinfoil hat man, and even I find that ludicrous.

Coming from Trik'Stari that is especially crazy.

That dude is NUTS

Is what i got out of that. And i'd say it's accurate  :P

now we wait like centuries (my estimate of the time span) years for them to show up off the coast of their destination.

When you have relatives wanting to recover the bodies of loved ones for closure, you bet your arse it's still a 'thing'.

There will be no bodies, fish and other animals have to eat you know, the remains are long gone by now, so this is not a reason to continue the search. They have wasted enough resources trying to find this plane, time to call  it quits and close the book.

I think it was shot down over Mali and Scrapped

Oh, and we never found Amelia Earheart, or Jimmy Hoffa either

what if i told you the plane never crashed and that its located at a military base. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

There will be no bodies, fish and other animals have to eat you know, the remains are long gone by now, so this is not a reason to continue the search. They have wasted enough resources trying to find this plane, time to call  it quits and close the book.

The bones might still be there and also the families and authorities need to know what happened. There could be all sort of implications involved in this.

nI0WcPY.png

Fabulous !

il_fullxfull.171626514.jpg

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

what if i told you the plane never crashed and that its located at a military base. 

What if I told you I can see you through your monitor?

CONSPIRACY!