Corsair 900D Unforgiven - The Metallica Build

Ride the lightning man! This build is looking sick! I would not be surprised if Metallica themselves took an interest in this piece of art!

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

evilHamsterzZz - Sam told me that I was at my Gold saturation level ? Ha ha I was actually thinking of polishing every other one of them.  That aluminum polishes up great with the mothers Mag an Aluminum polish.  My mate Sam that did the design and all the rendering Lives in London, So I'm a nut for you awesome Brits.  It's amazing just how many great modders are in the UK.

JK thanks.  They have a fan page - Master of Pancakes that posted some of our Picks. Thanks for the Encouragement It helps keep me going! 

dscn9804m.jpg

Oh dear god, the shiny! :wub:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

More pics.... MORE.

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

onevoicewild, on 15 Jul 2013 - 8:07 PM, said:

I ran myself around in circles trying to find something to cover the side of the drive bays. I made a light box with polished mesh in the back and covered by a lite Bronze acrylic. I needed it to be removable and there just wasn't a great way to mount the lighting and still be able to remove it. I didn't really like how it looked with the lights off. So on to plan B

Ok this is what happened to get there.

I Wanted a partial mid plate to give me something to mount stuff on Including the Bay cover. Naturally they put stuff in the way of where I want to put stuff. At least that's the excuse I use just before I grab my Dremel.

I put in U channel tracks on the mid plate and all the way across the top of the case so I could slide things in and out. Used pretty black MnpcTech rivets for the top. I knew I'd use those somewhere!

Acrylic cement has no actual adhesive properties! Then why is my piece stuck to my wooden work bench? Apparently melted plastic does have adhesive properties. If a little bit is good then more should be better Right ? Ha ha Modding Is not about careful contemplation of your plan, It's about laughing your ass of over the last stupid thing you did! Ya I think I got a good bond on it! were is my Chisel ?

The failed light box, Ya I know there is no lights in it. I put a few strings in it and didn't like it. It seemed so much better in my mind. Did I mention I have dementia?

Plan B

I decided to make this in two pieces instead of just use the piece that I had bent. Damn if I remember why? But I assure you there was a good reason? This does not photograph well! it's hard to tell the reflections from the cutouts. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to dull this down a bit.

Some where during all this I decided I needed a Bending break. Ya right! that's the story we tell our wives. Ok I wanted one. I haven't bent much yet, but damn it some stuffs gonna get bent around here. This Is ZoPHaR's fault! he showed us a nice little 18" bender for $35.00 and I was just about to buy it and then I remembered I was working on Godzilla. I needed to bend 18 3/4" min $65.00 By, By money. I needed it Babe! ha ha ha

I needed to make an Acrylic plate for the mother board tray so the mesh doesn't short out the board. That would be BAD!

I've got a great Jig saw, but I guess I like the feeling of hot plastic hitting me in the face. This is why we ware safety glasses!

I was getting into actually putting some parts in the case. I put In a Corsair 1200AXi and filled the 4 Ram slots with Dominator Platinum. Man these Parts are so nice! I've looked at this stuff for ever in pictures and wished. When you have Awesome parts in your hand your living your dream. YA don't go there!

here you go little mother board, we made a nice home for you.

There will be some other stuff added above the EK emblem, but I need to get the Metallica emblem for the window done first so I can see where everything lines up.

I'll get some better pictures when the sun starts shinning again. It's hard to get good pictures in my house without natural light.

Wow, this build is absolutely amazing. Not only does this build provide amazing eye candy, but helps other modders refine and improve their techniques. I learned alot from this build, and I wanna thank you for dedicating so much of your time into this community. Thanks man.
This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Wow, this build is absolutely amazing. Not only does this build provide amazing eye candy, but helps other modders refine and improve their techniques. I learned alot from this build, and I wanna thank you for dedicating so much of your time into this community. Thanks man. 

Make sure you get rid of the pictures when you reply :D Kind of irritating seeing pictures a thousand times over, as sexy as they are! Just a suggestion c:

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Make sure you get rid of the pictures when you reply :D Kind of irritating seeing pictures a thousand times over, as sexy as they are! Just a suggestion c:

Done, but for some reason i cant get rid of the spaces inbetween the pictures. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

No it's cool. thank you. These things work crazy some times. I host my pictures on Image shack and they forced me to do some new download and it scrambled some of my pic's and now they won't come up. Suicide is an option ha ha I'm posting on 8 forums for my sponsors and it might take 2 days to fix it all? that really cut's into my modding time this weekend. Oh well if that's the worst thing that happened this week I'm doing alright. :)   Thanks again for fixing that post.

dscn0149yz.jpg

wow, just wow. the amount of time and effort you have put into this is just amazing. Custom fab like this is part of my job an i know how long this stuff can take, this build is just beyond awesome.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I was away for a week so I got a weeks worth of updates in one shot.... too much epicness!!!!

I wanted to finish off the Back section of the mid plate.  Originally I was going to use the Black Acrylic I have.  Turns out that Acrylic is just to reflective. Considering the excessive amount of shiny stuff in this case already, I'll have to shy away from that.  I have a lot of diamond plate left, but I was afraid I Might be overdosing on one material.  I decided to just try the plate and if it didn't look good, I would try something else.

kwxt.jpg

f2aq.jpg

If I can't sand it, polish it or file it I have no Interest in doing it!  No really on this build I just seemed to gravitate to these finishes and have been blessed with good outcomes, A lot of them unexpected.

zmpd.jpg

The window side of the case has a nice little edge to hold the plate on, but on the mother board side it actually overhangs. I was able to extend the plate under the overhang and attach it from the backside.  I drilled and tapped the holes so I can remove it.

llq0.jpg

ejag.jpg

9d9i.jpg

bv18.jpg

9d9i.jpg

I was glad I went ahead and tried the Diamond plate.  It blends into the look without being overdone.  The big plus was that I didn't have to buy anything new. 

Always nice when this thread gets updated... :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I <3 this thread

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

Thanks everyone! I would have got more done this weekend but I had some kind of a weird problem with Imageshack,  which scrambled a bunch of my pictures and then some of them wouldn't show up on different forums. #$&$##$ Out of respect for my sponsors I try to get a lot of exposer for them and glad to do it! But these work logs can be time consuming.  But the plus side is I get to meet some awesome people!!!  You all keep me pushing forward, because of your encouragement. Thank you. 

I made a cover for the off side panel. I still hope to have the Skully Air Brushed on that side,

But I have bigger fish to fry right now and I had the material.

Not a lot of contrast, but it looks better than nothing on that side.

g10q.jpg

handaroundthedevilsneck.jpg

m4tl.jpg

gch1.jpg

x0tw.jpg

Most people are trying to get scratches out of their Acrylic, I'm trying to put them in. 

The Black Acrylic I uses to cover the back of the drive bays was just to reflective. 

With all the other shiny stuff inside the case it just didn't look right.

5dyl.jpg

I'll need to work on this a little more! when this is done right, it looks like brushed aluminum.

8c3g.jpg

Awesome, keep those updates coming :).

This is pretty Rich.  Corsair sent me a perfect 900D case and I don't have a place to Install a 3 1/2" HDD. What?
 Ohh that's my fault, I whole sale removed all the drive bays except the 5.25" bays on the front. 
I wasn't even sure I'd be able to use them, with what I had planned for the front of the case.  I guess I'll need an adapter. 
I had to paint it, because my buzz was wearing off.

bzyq.jpg

v7x6.jpg

I have been meaning to do this for a while now. I wiped out all the Corsair Logos when I put the Overkill Grill in the front bezel,
So It's time to make a Copper Emblem for the side of the drive bays.  Oh I don't have drive bays - He he he

yqar.jpg

hr98.jpg

tpjo.jpg

nwbf.jpg

6jds.jpg

u2k1.jpg

I had an extra saw blade from when I was working the front of the case. It was just a little to small for the Metallica emblem,
but it works well for this. I hate to waste money so it is good to find a home for it.

wgve.JPG

m8fw.jpg

I was able to dull out the black Acrylic better, by using a courser grit of wet sanding.  I didn't get any real pictures to show it off,

but It looks good now and it killed the excess reflections. 

wliu.jpg

71z4.jpg

jitf.jpg

w2du.jpg

hce2.jpg

32gd.jpg

I really needed this copper fix.  I need to start getting my hands in shape for the Metallica emblem for the window. 

I'm told That my Care package is on the way from EKWB! 

This is pretty Rich.  Corsair sent me a perfect 900D case and I don't have a place to Install a 3 1/2" HDD. What?

Ohh that's my fault, I whole sale removed all the drive bays except the 5.25" bays on the front. 

I wasn't even sure I'd be able to use them, with what I had planned for the front of the case.  I guess I'll need an adapter. 

I had to paint it, because my buzz was wearing off.

bzyq.jpg

v7x6.jpg

I have been meaning to do this for a while now. I wiped out all the Corsair Logos when I put the Overkill Grill in the front bezel,

So It's time to make a Copper Emblem for the side of the drive bays.  Oh I don't have drive bays - He he he

yqar.jpg

hr98.jpg

tpjo.jpg

nwbf.jpg

6jds.jpg

u2k1.jpg

I had an extra saw blade from when I was working the front of the case. It was just a little to small for the Metallica emblem,

but it works well for this. I hate to waste money so it is good to find a home for it.

wgve.JPG

m8fw.jpg

I was able to dull out the black Acrylic better, by using a courser grit of wet sanding.  I didn't get any real pictures to show it off,

but It looks good now and it killed the excess reflections. 

wliu.jpg

71z4.jpg

jitf.jpg

w2du.jpg

hce2.jpg

32gd.jpg

I really needed this copper fix.  I need to start getting my hands in shape for the Metallica emblem for the window. 

I'm told That my Care package is on the way from EKWB! 

Looks like 9000... this build's budget is OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

This build is just... AMAZING! This is the best build I've seen on this forum by far. Keep it up! Will be waiting for the next update

FX 6300 - MSI 7870 Ghz - M5A97 R2.0 - Team Vulcan 8GB - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - Rosewill HIVE 550w - NZXT Source 210 (white) - Loud Fans

Peripherals - Logitech G105 - Cobra mouse - Acer G236HL - Logitech desktop mic - Logitech LS21 - Audio Technica ATH-M30

Laptop - Acer Aspire V3 - A84500m - 7670m - 15.6" screen (1366x768) - 3.5GB DDR3  - 500GB Scorpio Blue

Yes, yes, oh yes, right there, polished copper, that's the spot!!! :wub: :lol:

I needed that after seeing you polishing all that Copper. alpenwasser !  Thanks guys, This is a great forum, everyone is so supportive.  B)

Yes, yes, oh yes, right there, polished copper, that's the spot!!! :wub: :lol:

The master complimenting his disciples :D

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

yes that's true! I worship at the alter of the alpenwasser. •Ja, må han leva uti hundrade år! I already had a copper addiction before we met, but I do really respect his work!