Corsair 900D Unforgiven - The Metallica Build

Game ON

I was wondering what was delaying my parts delivery from EK?

kd6p.jpg

Actually DHL delivered everything very quickly and the box wasn't mangled like they usually are.
Note to self - Use DHL

They delivered 14 kilos of beautiful water cooling parts that were packed

so well by EKWB that I swore there had to be something missing. 

The box was like DR who's tartus, bigger on the inside than the outside. 

I owe my incredible thanks to EK for supporting The Metallica Build!

mbf.JPG

I dug into the boxes to see what was there and I found two of these radiators.

w3nd.jpg

What the heck Is a coolstream PE?  I opened the box and wondered where were all the Logo's? Only a small EK emblem by the water connections.  Where did these shrouds come from on the headers? I had originally requested 480 XT's because I wanted a thinner Rad for room.  Well After all this time has passed, they no longer carry them and recommended 480 XTX's well they are a little thicker than I was looking for but ok I'll take those.  That's not what I got.  I did a quick check at Performance pcs and these don't exist?  It finally hit me that these are a brand new design - COOL

rutw.jpg

v683.jpg

m0r1.jpg

They really cleaned these up. In my opinion these are much better looking radiator and only 40mm thick which was exactly what I was looking for.  I really, really do like these! I know the trend is very Fat Radiators.  That's not what this build is about. if I can't cool two cards and a 4770K with two 480 radiators I'll be damned!  Here is a link for anyone that wants to look at the spec's

http://www.ekwb.com/...e-480-quad.html

ksi.JPG

The delays I had waiting for these EK parts was mostly due to all the barrage of new products that came into the market in the last six months.  EKWB had to put customers ahead of me and I applaud that, because they are doing me a major favor with there support. This really worked out in my favor!  I got the cool new radiators,  I was able to switch from 2 - GTX 680's to 2 - GTX 770's.  There isn't really much difference in these cards that you couldn't get from overclocking.  I do prefer to be on the newer 770 software and hopefully it's better for EK to show off their newest stuff!  They also kicked in some extra fittings and 4 way fan splitters, to simplify the wiring.

zhmh.jpg

lf04.jpg

mejj.JPG

vct3.jpg

I was having trouble with light for pictures tonight, so I'll pick this show and tell back up tomorrow evening. 

I was playing with taking pictures through the radiators ( easily amused ) ha ha 

yixp.jpg

4r7s.jpg

I was able to get a few more pictures this evening.  Amazingly I haven't even got all my boxes open yet, because I wanted to get Pictures as I open them and the sun Is starting to go down so early.

9dsq.jpg

e8nb.jpg

55us.jpg

These GTX 770 water Blocks are a serious chunk of metal.  It almost seems they would cool the cards without water at all. 

For at least 30 seconds anyway.  EK has been listening to the customers wanting to get away from the crop circles so they

are offering these CSQ models with the clean look. 

i0b9.jpg

ybr9.jpg

hro3.jpg

faau.jpg

tcpu.jpg

lx64.jpg

I always looked at build logs and people were showing off all their all their new hardware. 

I know it can get boring, but when you get a bunch of awesome new parts you get pretty excited

and you want to show them off to your friends.  Hey your my friends, no one else could put up with me! B)

Also I was playing around with some piping options.  The plan is to hard pipe this with shiny copper. 

This is some of the new acrylic tubing with cut brass rings over the tubing.  What do you think?

vnzw.jpg

gl5d.jpg

wviv.jpg

I would really appreciate some opinions on this piping option. 

If you haven't noticed I can tend to get a little carried away with things, ha ha 

I just don't know when to quit!  But I think this looks pretty cool.

that copper pipes is... *faints due to awesomeness* X_X

BilboHobbitFaint.gif

Edited by AlexGoesHigh

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Thanks Alex - I love your little pick LMAO my lady keeps telling me pushing the key more times doesn't help! well at least it keeps me busy while I'm waiting for the program to open. :D

Those new rads look pretty damn nice, me likey!

And that tubing... oh yes! :wub:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Thanks guys! glad to see you on the mend brother.  can't wait to start putting this stuff together.  I still need the cards, but I had to wait to see which water blocks I was actually going to get - that and the $1000.00 dollars I still need.  but that will come soon enough. 

Can't wait to see the full loop to be completed! What coolant though? A gold one?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I would love a gold one, but I'm Not sure there really is one. The liquid metal isn't ready for prime time. mayhems had another one, but it is designed more for a horizontal reservoir so that's out. I might have to go with Black and that's not really a lot of fun. so it's still up in the air. I think I'll get some recommendations from Mick at mayhems and see if he has anything on the burner.

alpenwasser - I was looking at your build Log. thanks for the Idea! Maahhaaaaa

Ya you know what I'm thinking!  Don't say it ha ha   What would alpenwasser do?

8c1m.jpg

Corsair just posted a picture of this with coolant in it. Or was that just a render. Almighty Alpenwasser would approve

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Thanks guys! glad to see you on the mend brother.

Yeah, me too! :)

I would love a gold one, but I'm Not sure there really is one. The liquid metal isn't ready for prime time. mayhems had another one, but it is designed more for a horizontal reservoir so that's out. I might have to go with Black and that's not really a lot of fun. so it's still up in the air. I think I'll get some recommendations from Mick at mayhems and see if he has anything on the burner.

It's a bit of a shame that CPUs don't run at higher temperatures, otherwise one might be

able to use liquid metal as a coolant (Sodium, Lead-Bismuth alloys etc.) such as in some

nuclear reactors. :D

EDIT:

alpenwasser - I was looking at your build Log. thanks for the Idea! Maahhaaaaa

Ya you know what I'm thinking!  Don't say it ha ha   What would alpenwasser do?

[...img...]

WWAD? I like that, hehehe... :D I smell copper pr0n in our future.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

CJ that is a render that my partner in crime Sam did before the 900D was even released. I was happily surprised that Corsair picked us up on their face book and blog. It is good exposer for our sponsors of which they are one. They really have a lot of reach though, because another big forum ask me to put up my build log there. Cool! I'm just an average Joe on an incredible good luck streak due to people Like Bill Owen with MnpcTech who was instrumental in helping us get this going. Thanks bro for checking this out.

alpenwasser ,we both speak the same language - Copper! ha ha

CJ that is a render that my partner in crime Sam did before the 900D was even released. I was happily surprised that Corsair picked us up on their face book and blog. It is good exposer for our sponsors of which they are one. They really have a lot of reach though, because another big forum ask me to put up my build log there. Cool! I'm just an average Joe on an incredible good luck streak due to people Like Bill Owen with MnpcTech who was instrumental in helping us get this going. Thanks bro for checking this out.

alpenwasser ,we both speak the same language - Copper! ha ha

dude your work is amazing. Like flawless.

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

you could try experimenting with a mix of yellow and black/white to get a gold color. Though black wouldn't be too boring because the rest is sexy

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

I don't know if its bad to say it out loud, but I am touching myself.

This is a stunning build. Looks awesome! Cranking up Unforgiven as we speak. If I only had the money, time and skills. Or really just money, because I would pay you alot to make me something similar, unfortunately, I am no millionaire. Looking forward seeing more from you!

I once explained to my girlfriend what true love is. I said, "If you were a shit, I'd put you back in" and to this day, she is still my little shit. 

Thanks guys I really appreciate it!!! I should have an update this weekend. I have started on the water cooling,

ran into and overcame some obstacles and I am plodding along in my normal way. when your a working man,

things never seem to get done fast enough. I'll throw up a pic until I can do an update. 

pbs9.jpg

WOW sweet subbed.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

EmoRarity - I like the way you think, I plan to do that.  That was a little inside joke between me and aplenwasser a few lines back, because we both have a Copper addiction.  I'll have to back burner that for a bit until I run out of my current pile of parts.  Thanks ,everyone on this forum is so supportive and that helps more than you can know!

EmoRarity - I like the way you think, I plan to do that.  That was a little inside joke between me and aplenwasser a few lines back, because we both have a Copper addiction.  I'll have to back burner that for a bit until I run out of my current pile of parts.  Thanks ,everyone on this forum is so supportive and that helps more than you can know!

Are you going to cut your own? Or any other plans/ideas?

Those straight shots with the chromed pipes are awesome... I wish people did that more often... 10/10!

Those straight shots with the chromed pipes are awesome... I wish people did that more often... 10/10!

I'll make the EK emblem by hand in my normal fashion, That's why I'm holding it off. It will most likely take me 5 days of so to do by hand unless I really get ambitious.

Bertrock -I try to push myself to be very picky, Some of those hardlines took me over 3 hours to get the angles I wanted, It gets stupid at times, but the final outcome is worth the time. The only deadline I'm under is boring the hell out of people. ha ha and I push that limit at times.