Corsair 900D Unforgiven - The Metallica Build

Wow.......  :o

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

I recently went to that orion concert in michigan

lol

I don't like metallica enough to rock a case for them but this is pretty sick dude

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

Thanks everyone. This has turned out to be a great theme subject for me. I wanted to do some kind of a theme build and everyone is all over the game themes - twenty Iron man builds of what ever and their all good, but I wanted something a little different. I appreciate your encouragement! The people on this forum are great! Got to get back to building so I have more progress to show. :)

THIS BUILD IS AMAZING! Wish I was this good at machining

This is amazing! How much does it weigh?

HOW RICH DO I HAVE TO BE TO BUY THIS?

PCGamer - This Isn't machining! all the work here was done by hand with Dremels, drills, needle files and a whole lot of wet sanding and polishing. I built this for myself as a tribute to Metallica and would never sell it unless Metallica themselves ask to buy it. DX Not likely that would ever happen. Thanks to all of you for your appreciation of our work. The people here actually get what it takes to do some of these major builds. I was on another forum and an amazing young Modder was getting Views but not one single person posted a reply to him until I did. It's like they saw his work, thought that was cool but didn't really get what he had really done to craft his computer. Glad to be here, the people here appreciate the many aspects of our hobby.

paperfc - I don't have it filled up yet, but I think if anyone ever try's to steal it they will be looking for a chiropractor by the time they get to the door. Dx this is definitely not a Lan party rig! unless your the one hosting the Lan.

Not a fan of Metallica, but I really like the craftsmanship and hard work put into the build. I think I can say for all of us that this is very very impressive. :D

I have a laptop that sucks because I'm broke.

dude, this thing just blows my mind. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Thanks AraSarkisyan - I was looking at pictures from Yerevan, Armenia what an incredibly beautiful place.  I used to do technical Rock Climbing and I think I would like it around there! Incredible place! You people should Google this place, very cool !  Thanks Bro for checking out our build !

7qw1.jpg

jcwt.jpg

v97z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I ran myself around in circles trying to find something to cover the side of the drive bays.  I made a light box with polished mesh in the back and covered by a lite Bronze acrylic.  I needed it to be removable and there just wasn't a great way to mount the lighting and still be able to remove it.  I didn't really like how it looked with the lights off.  So on to plan B
 rjji.jpg

y1dy.jpg

Ok this is what happened to get there.

I Wanted a partial mid plate to give me something to mount stuff on Including the Bay cover. Naturally they put stuff in the way of where I want to put stuff. At least that's the excuse I use just before I grab my Dremel.

hla.jpg

9rnw.jpg

0r6v.jpg

I put in U channel tracks on the mid plate and all the way across the top of the case so I could slide things in and out. Used pretty black MnpcTech rivets for the top. I knew I'd use those somewhere!

o4vc.jpg

ntqm.jpg

dvtg.jpg

pt6o.jpg

Acrylic cement has no actual adhesive properties!  Then why is my piece stuck to my wooden work bench?  Apparently melted plastic does have adhesive properties.  If a little bit is good then more should be better Right ?  Ha ha  Modding Is not about careful contemplation of your plan, It's about laughing your ass of over the last stupid thing you did!  Ya I think I got a good bond on it! were is my Chisel ?

yt5r.jpg

9e0p.jpg

The failed light box, Ya I know there is no lights in it. I put a few strings in it and didn't like it. It seemed so much better in my mind.  Did I mention I have dementia?

2loo.jpg

Plan B

m244.jpg

I decided to make this in two pieces instead of just use the piece that I had bent.  Damn if I remember why? But I assure you there was a good reason?

l3bn.jpg

9sz9.jpg

5ct9.jpg

This does not photograph well! it's hard to tell the reflections from the cutouts.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to dull this down a bit.

5e2y.jpg

Some where during all this I decided I needed a Bending break.  Ya right! that's the story we tell our wives.  Ok I wanted one.  I haven't bent much yet, but damn it some stuffs gonna get bent around here. This Is ZoPHaR's fault! he showed us a nice little 18" bender for $35.00 and I was just about to buy it and then I remembered I was working on Godzilla. I needed to bend 18 3/4" min  $65.00  By, By money.  I needed it Babe! ha ha ha

pzic.jpg

jlba.jpg

I needed to make an Acrylic plate for the mother board tray so the mesh doesn't short out the board. That would be BAD!

his8.jpg

I've got a great Jig saw, but I guess I like the feeling of hot plastic hitting me in the face.  This is why we wear safety glasses!

3iew.jpg

3xep.jpg

I was getting into actually putting some parts in the case.  I put In a Corsair 1200AXi and filled the 4 Ram slots with Dominator Platinum.  Man these Parts are so nice! I've looked at this stuff for ever in pictures and wished.  When you have Awesome parts in your hand your living your dream.  YA don't go there! 

xnxu.jpg

03ix.jpg

There you go little mother board, we made a nice home for you.

b5jc.jpg

u5rr.jpg

vgfm.jpg

There will be some other stuff added above the EK emblem, but I need to get the Metallica emblem for the window done first so I can see where everything lines up.  

wdon.jpg

1tah.jpg

cg4.jpg

15yn.jpg

I'll get some better pictures when the sun starts shinning again. It's hard to get good pictures in my house without natural light. 

5wfh.jpg

Damn, I'm jealous of that skill. 

MY BUILD | Intel i7-3770K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H115i | MSI Z77A-GD55 | 2 x ASUS STRIX GTX 970 SLI | Corsair Vengeance 16GB LP 1600Mhz | Intel 330 180GB SSD + 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 2x WD Red 2TB | OCZ ZX 850W 80+Gold | NZXT H442 Razer Edition | LG 34UC88-B 21:9 3440x1440 | Razer Kraken | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Razer Naga 2013 | Logitech Z-2300 | Steam/Xbox Live Gamertag: Jay Slasher

Thanks, This is really a great case to work on! lots of room to do things.  If I ever try a mini I'll need a real change of attitude. :)

Keep it up all the way to the end. 

MOAR........pics

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Wow looks sweet.

It's a heavy metal heavy metal case! Hahaha... I hope no one made that joke already.

Awesome job!

question, can you accidentally cut yourself on those blades or are they dull? 

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the people here!  Langdon the part we called the spiky thing drew a little blood when I was filling it, he he  the ones on the fans would definitely cut you up!  I plan on letting someone else take that honor! I need all my fingers for sanding and filing.  :D   And no your the first one to cover that joke - great. It's not to heavy yet, but I may need a back brace before I'm done.

b5jc.jpg

this is PC heaven!

or maybe hell \../ ^^ \../

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

Axis - It's definitely heaven but I'll be extremely confused when I finally get this finished. I guess I can figure out which games came out while I was working on this build!

I needed to move the front fans up to the grill so they looked right. I wanted to attach them to the case, But I wouldn't have been able to get them tight up to the grill and it would have been a convoluted affair so I just attached them directly to the grill. Easy after I got the right bolts and tapped the fans to fit them. The down side is more weight on the grill. Bill Owen was already questioning the attachment system, and I've added a lot of weight to it and it feels solid. If I get nervous I can put in a couple of bolts from the back for security.

xzow.jpg

bl0w.jpg

ncbp.jpg

pmxv.jpg