10 things every PC gamer should own

The Gaige

So there you go. Other people like racing simulators and we like controllers for them as well (at least the ones that can't afford a proper rig). The fact that you don't personally need a controller doesn't make it "disgusting".

If you play racing sims you should get a wheel. Controllers are to wheels what plebstations are to pcgamingmasterrace.

You guys... stop it

Stop what? Are we not allowed to dislike controllers?

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

If you play racing sims you should get a wheel. Controllers are to wheels what plebstations are to pcgamingmasterrace.

Well no shit, good morning captain.

My point was that not everyone can afford a nice setup, and for those controllers are vastly superior to keyboards. I'm terrible with a controller but I have seen people do some real impressive stuff with them.

Stop what? Are we not allowed to dislike controllers?

Well you are, but unless you give valid reasons, your opinion is pointless and you just look like a fool.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Well you are, but unless you give valid reasons, your opinion is pointless and you just look like a fool.

There are very valid reasons, I don't play racing sims, nor platformers, or games that are superior with controllers. Simple as that. I mostly play FPS, which you won't have too much fun with if you play on a controller, unless you're some sort of wizard.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

There are very valid reasons, I don't play racing sims, nor platformers, or games that are superior with controllers. Simple as that. I mostly play FPS, which you won't have too much fun with if you play on a controller, unless you're some sort of wizard.

Are you saying that because you don't use a controller, all controllers are therefore bad?

Are we not allowed to dislike controllers?

I don't play racing sims, nor platformers, or games that are superior with controllers. Simple as that.

I don't think that is a valid reason.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Are you saying that because you don't use a controller, all controllers are therefore bad?

I don't think that is a valid reason.

No, I'm not. OP was "must have" things. Controllers are not "must have". I'm also saying they are inferior in games like FPS. But superior in games like racing sims, some bad ports, emulators, and platformers, indie games etc.

Well no shit, good morning captain.

My point was that not everyone can afford a nice setup, and for those controllers are vastly superior to keyboards. I'm terrible with a controller but I have seen people do some real impressive stuff with them.

I was ranked 240 in the world on Gran Turismo 5 prologue for a while. All while using a controller. I know it can be done, but it's soooooo much more fun with a wheel. I don't have one, but I'd love to get one. Just, as you said, expensive. Do you have a wheel? 

Is it bad that i don't have any of those??

You don't have a screwdriver? Who doesn't have a screwdriver.

OR A MOUSEMAT

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

No, I'm not. OP was "must have" things. Controllers are not "must have". I'm also saying they are inferior in games like FPS. But superior in games like racing sims, some bad ports, emulators, and platformers, indie games etc.

Hmm? That doesn't seem to fit with your first comment. You only agreed that the screwdriver and dust removal is a "must have" but yet you singled out the controller? I wonder why?

I only agree on the part of having a screwdriver, a vacuum or some sort of compressed air. Controllers? Ew. No.

I am just making a point here. Don't be a fool with all the PC master race bullshit. I am not saying you can't take the piss out of your console friends but don't actually believe it. They all have their uses.

What's wrong with this board? Controllers are awesome for some PC games. Are you so far into the anti console circlejerk that you hate controllers too?

Hmm? That doesn't seem to fit with your first comment. You only agreed that the screwdriver and dust removal is a "must have" but yet you singled out the controller? I wonder why?

I am just making a point here. Don't be a fool with all the PC master race bullshit. I am not saying you can't take the piss out of your console friends but don't actually believe it. They all have their uses.

I never said anything about "PC Master Race" Nor do I hate consoles. I don't know where you got that from. I simply dislike controllers.

i can't say i agree with that, alot of that i couldn't care for.

and a wrist wrest? really?

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

This list sucks.

Here's my thoughts, in no particular order.

1. A good #2 Phillips Screwdriver

2. A Mechanical Keyboard

3. A gaming mouse

4. A good desk chair

5. A decent Mic

6. Good speakers or headset

7. A dedicated GPU

8. Good monitor(s)

9. Steam account

10. Girlfriend/Boyfriend Zip ties.

I could only come up with 9 so I had to improvise the tenth. :D

Edit: Fixed the 10th now with a better option.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Controllers? Disgusting and vile? 

C'mon now guys and ladies if any. You have to admit that some games are better optimized to work with controllers than mouse and keyboard.

I'll pass on the microphone, fraps, headlamp and controller.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I only agree on the part of having a screwdriver, a vacuum or some sort of compressed air. Controllers? Ew. No.

So you don't use a mousepad :P

As for controllers, you use the input device that matches the game. Keyboard/mouse for first person, controller for third person, and arcade pad for arcade games. If I played enough racing sims, then yes, racing sim equipment would be on my list of shit to buy

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

What, why does a gamer need a tool box?

True gamers would need anti-spillable drinking cups, bags of junk food, boat load of caffeine drinks/snacks/pills, a trash can that's overfilled with junk but no real trash as trash is all over the place, a few mice (not one), a fan for cooling both the gamer and computer in a pinch.

Tools... yea right.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

A headlamp? Really? what?

Also, this made me laugh

My friend used to have a crackling mic and of the guys asked "who is sitting next to a fishtank" Our general chat channel used to be called the fishtank now the channel is self is known as The Fishtank

NnfQKxq.png

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

So you don't use a mousepad :P

As for controllers, you use the input device that matches the game. Keyboard/mouse for first person, controller for third person, and arcade pad for arcade games. If I played enough racing sims, then yes, racing sim equipment would be on my list of shit to buy

No, I don't use a mousepad, mainly because my table is pretty smooth and I use such a low DPI (400), so I'd need a large mousepad. As for controllers, I agree they're great for the genres you mentioned.

my slideshow got stuck on 1/10 and i have a 2 screwdrivers so im good there :P

Same here :P

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H CPU: i5 4690k GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750w RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB @ 1600mhz Case: Fractal Design define R5 CPU-Block: EK-Supremacy Acetal GPU-Block:EK-FC970 GTX WF3 Pump: Alphacool VPP655  Reservoir: EK-XRES 140 D5 HDD: WD Blue 1TB Keyboard: Ducky shine 3 /w mx black

retoast

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299