Windows 9 has an official name: Windows 10?

Dietrichw

11 is one louder than 10,  just like 10 is one better than 9. Microsoft's logic here is flawless imo. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

It's sad that Microsoft has succumbed to the 'all software is now called "apps" ' idiocy.

It's not like it's less functional, save a couple letters and it's the same as applications, what's the problem

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Wished for Windows 9. I really laughed when Linus and Luke were joking about (german accent) WINDOWS NEIN ! 

-Maybe we should add... NEIN ! 

-Or maybe if... NEIN !! 

11 is one louder than 10,  just like 10 is one better than 9. Microsoft's logic here is flawless imo. 

/Snip

Thats frikken hilarious!! 

it's the same as applications, what's the problem

My problem isn't with the abbreviation. My problem is with the word 'applications'.

It's a vague term that's now being used for scripts, web services, clients, servers, basically every kind of software, obscuring the distinctions from the user.

I think Valve should name Half Life 3, Half Life 4 and put it on Steam OS 2.0 in retaliation. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

and microsoft strikes again whit non sense naming skims, though at least is better that calling it one or just windows also most of this stuff seems to be the same that got leaked a couple of weeks back, which is good and ctrl+v support is CMD is a freaking god send

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I like how it adapt to what device you're on. Seems great microsoft! I'll join the insider microsoft program when it launches twomorow. 

Windows 10 sounds and looks a lot better than Windows 9

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Looks nice. A unified app store is a must!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Looks nice. A unified app store is a must!

If it allows the opensource apps then good otherwise epic failure :D

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

its because 8.1 is technically 9. i see where they went.

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

New trend: skipping 1 part of a normally logical naming scheme.

As if the naming scheme was logical in the first place. 3.1 - 95 - 98 - 7 - 8 without even mentioning the non-numeric versions.

10 is "2" in binary (for those that know lest that) . . .

And 10 is 3 in base-3, 4 in base-4, 5 in base-5 etc. so you can define it to be any integer above 1.

A unified app store is a must!

It's a must for people who would end up installing a bunch of currently_popular_song.mp3.exe viruses without it.

If it allows the opensource apps then good otherwise epic failure :D

I would rather Microsoft have a firm grasp on the app store. If that means less opportunity for open source than so be it. Imho

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!