Windows 9 has an official name: Windows 10?

Dietrichw

While I have nothing against cloud computing and mobility. I have a problem with their prioritization.

A desktop OS should be local first, with cloud integration, not cloud dependent.

As for the mobile first part.. Windows 8.

Now, the Terry Myerson quote I posted was literally one of the first things he said. A while after he said that, he demonstrated how they are separating the desktop/mobile environments, which so far, looks good. So I don't have that much of an issue with the "mobile" part anymore.

Also, sorry for my dickish comment but in my defense, your comment sounded kinda condescending and I taught you were looking for a fight or something. So my bad.

I would say a few things of my ideas in response.

First, mobile first cloud first is an concept and a goal for them.

2nd, basically they need to thing about what is driving the future of computing. It's def not the desktop anymore. Yes that's where we get work done but its just a small fraction of what we use now days. We are probably mostly on phones now which is why MS is bringing their apps on mobile platforms and making their OS even more mobile.

3rd, they already dominate the desktop market. Where do they need to focus their attention on now? Mobile and cloud. Those are the two places that are having their biggest advancements plus growth in use, need, and sales these days. It's the market they need to focus on. Microsoft is a software and services company and that's what they need to supply, ones that are in demand as well.

4th, you can dislike a product of theirs but that just means they need to refocus their attempt at that product.

5th, just a simple example of mobiles first cloud first is MS Office. You download the installer online, use your MS account with office to keep your setting and documents synced to all of your devices, and you can use office on multiple devices such as a phone, tablet, laptop, or a tower PC. Sure these documents can be saved to your documents to your drive but giving office a mobile first cloud first ideas it has made it so much more dynamic and better for the future.

Oh look, the godawful tile interface is back.

No thanks, will wait for the next OS.

Oh look, you don't actually have to use it ;P

Also, there are some good modern apps and I like tiles. They give me up to date info on stuff on the tile

Looks pretty alright, I just hope I can take the dumb windows apps I'll never use off the task bar at the very least. (I see you're sitting at your computer trying to open something.. IT'S 67* Outside With 86% CHANCE OF RAIN!!!! IT'S MITCHES BIRTHDAY TODAY!!! (synced from stupid service you never meant to have..)) Besides the stupid naming scheme like every other company though it should be far less awful than windows 8, and 7's going to die here eventually so I guess I better like it now.. (I just hope visual studio 2010 works at least as crappy as it did on 7 so I can still use it, since I hate having the stupid clunky looking metro UI when I'm trying to code in a professional program...)

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Could of gone with a color . . . . windows blue, windows green (since the xbox logo is generally green) . . .

Wouldn't want to alienate AMD enthusiasts by going with Intel or Nvidia colors. :P

Wouldn't want to alienate AMD enthusiasts by going with Intel or Nvidia colors. :P

Introducing the all new:  "Windows mauve"   An all new experience.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Oh look, the godawful tile interface is back.

No thanks, will wait for the next OS.

You can completely disable it, but if you want them to just kill it... Well, you're out of luck. Time to switch.

This looks absolutely fantastic, definitely will sign up for insider to get early access for Win10.
Looks like it's finally time to move from Win7.

Windows 10 huh? I wonder where they got the inspiration for that *cough* OS X *cough*

Microsoft, where subtlety goes to die.

didnt even think of that XDDDD 10.10 should be out this month :)

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

They didn't skip it, they were OEM-only.

Yea, just like the 760ti isn't really a graphics card, it's just a 670 if i recall

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I officially hate all marketing departments now.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

If it's a free upgrade from 8, why not just make it 8.2? Going from 8 to 10 is silly when there isn't even really any drastic changes.

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

If it's a free upgrade from 8, why not just make it 8.2? Going from 8 to 10 is silly when there isn't even really any drastic changes.

There will be more changes and new features implemented as we get to the Consumer Preview and Developer Preview. Windows 10 release is still a minimum 10 months away. :)

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

To get away from the tainted name of Windows 8.