Apple Did Not Die With Jobs

Builder

http://daringfireball.net/linked/2014/09/29/immutable-mutable

QED

Immutable Mean Mutable? What a Country.

I’m usually a Mat Honan fan, but his iPhone 6 Plus review was a clunker. Take this:

"No matter what Steve Jobs may have said, big phones are better. It’s a great sign for Apple that it doesn’t revere his public statements as immutable truths."

That’s from like page one of the book Ways People Get Apple Completely Wrong. Apple never treated Jobs like a deity whose word was The Truth — neither before nor after his death. He was almost infamous for it. Wired itself ran a list of such statements back in 2010.

Nobody said it better than Tim Cook, though:

“He would flip on something so fast that you would forget that he was the one taking the 180 degree polar [opposite] position the day before,” Cook told Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher. “I saw it daily. This is a gift, because things do change, and it takes courage to change. It takes courage to say, ‘I was wrong.’ I think he had that.”

That’s just one small line, but it crystalizes the way the whole piece just seems confused.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I think we all know this. Jobs may have been a genius, but that doesn't necessarily mean Apple will die without him. Johnny Ive? Maybe.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Johnny Ive? Maybe.

NO NO it's Sir JONY Ive.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I'm not sure why this was relevant.

I've heard a lot of people saying it recently. Also it doesn't need to be relevant, it's in Off Topic.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I've heard a lot of people saying it recently. Also it doesn't need to be relevant, it's in Off Topic.

Close enough! I haven't read that book in 2 years!

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Of course, but we can all agree that it's worse now.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Jobs was a genius on selling the products, not on designing products.

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

Of course, but we can all agree that it's worse now.

Can we? Can we really? Because me posting this seems to suggest otherwise...

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Can we? Can we really? Because me posting this seems to suggest otherwise...

Sorry man, TL, DR :D Not 'we' then. How about 'majority of us'? :)

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Sorry man, TL, DR :D Not 'we' then. How about 'majority of us'? :)

I'm not sure that's the case though. Certainly not among my crowd. Also Gruber has a sizable following and I'd say a very low percentage of them think it's worse too.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I'm not sure that's the case though. Certainly not among my crowd. Also Gruber has a sizable following and I'd say a very low percentage of them think it's worse too.

I don't know, I just said that because nearly all my friends think the same. You are right, it was a pointless generalization. :D

Spoiler

Spoiler

its just has been a very rough month for them in PR terms (because selling 10 million phones in less that a week could be called a financial success) coupled whit a forum where most users doesn't like them, what did you expect, ofc the hate train is going to pass around here, i don't have nothing against them, neither i like their stuff, i also don't see why people, even those who like apple say the company is shit after he was gone, he was just a man, not the whole company, they ain't going no where, especially whit a wallet whit hundreds billion dollars in cash at their disposal

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

he was just a man, not the whole company

To imagine that thousands of brilliant employees below him and an entire company culture he constructed combined with the replacement he hand picked for himself is all just going to crumble right away is just that, imagining. It's ludicrous.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Reading your post... it was like a quote of a quote that was quoting someone. :)

QUOTECEP...

No, I'm not going to do that. It's a bad pun and it's overused.

Whoops, too late.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Reading your post... it was like a quote of a quote that was quoting someone. :)

agi6Ljo.jpg?1

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

when i was readong the tilte  i was like oh its builder defending apple or something

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

Oh apple threads. It will devolve into a bunch of fanboy arguments eventually from both sides. Builder is always the start of this, even though he has good intentions. Makes me want to shoot all involved. 

gb1Shmi.jpg

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

10646744_10152723412896840_3777009849631

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case.