DEEPCOOL Launches CAPTAIN Series High End Prefilled CPU Liquid Coolers

DEEPCOOL is launching their new CAPTAIN family of high end closed loop liquid coolers. This new family has been designated the company’s premium GAMER STORM brand and rightly so. Featuring an aggressive red and black color scheme along with some very sleek looking red LED illuminated CPU block. These new coolers are targeted squarely at gamers with three versions available. The CAPTAIN 120, 240 and a 360. These new coolers will hit stores in October. MSRP is 75.99 USD for the CAPTAIN 120 and 105.99 USD for the CAPTAIN 240. Pricing on the 360 version hasn’t been announced as of yet.Installation brackets are compatible with all Intel and AMD CPUs including Intel’s latest LGA2011-V3 socket.

1vt3glf.jpg

LTxXqzq.png

Cold-Pate.jpg

SOURCE

I love the look of this, this would look awesome in my case. I may have to get one. :D

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Christ on a bike! That is one sexy CPU block.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

like the block, i would have preferred if it was a little lower profile though.

Eh, the extra cooling surface is probably worth it if it's been internally engineered well with lots of fins for the blower. (that said, blower-style turbine cooler, for shame...).

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

How to steal alby800s money

Step 1.

RGB

Step 2.

Black fans

Step 3.

Different tubing

Step 4.

Profit!

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

wat

Look at that picture. It's like a GPU reference blower cooler. The height on it though suggests there may be a lot of copper fins good for surface area.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Look at that picture. It's like a GPU reference blower cooler. The height on it though suggests there may be a lot of copper fins good for surface area.

you do realise it is a waterblock, right?

you do realise it is a waterblock, right?

You do realize the asetek 295x2 cooler is a waterblock and fan 2-in-1 right? This looks to me like the CPU version of that.

Eh, the extra cooling surface is probably worth it if it's been internally engineered well with lots of fins for the blower. (that said, blower-style turbine cooler, for shame...).

Blower? You mean this astetics fins?

You do realize the asetek 295x2 cooler is a waterblock and fan 2-in-1 right? This looks to me like the CPU version of that.

Lol no man, logic is strong with you (not)

6087d1389998202-deepcool-steam-castle-ca

-snap

Kraken x61 comes close to that. Just white fans doe.

but there's nothing else to cool other than the cpu, why would they install something with a blower aswel as a waterblock when there's only one thing to cool? im assuming the middle part is just for aesthetic purposes

but there's nothing else to cool other than the cpu, why would they install something with a blower aswel as a waterblock when there's only one thing to cool? im assuming the middle part is just for aesthetic purposes

High-performance overclocking... Come on people...

Lol no man, logic is strong with you (not)

No need to be a jackass over it. It looks like a stylized nvidia red reference blower design to me. If such isn't the case, then yes, the profile is stupid huge.

so what exactly would the blower cool if the water is cooling the CPU already... think about your answer this time lol

It removes heat from the water before it even gets to the radiator. That means better cooling performance. It's the same concept as a quad rad vs. a triple. More surface area, better cooled water. 

I did think about the answer.

Kraken x61 comes close to that. Just white fans doe.

But the block isn't as sexy, if I were in the market for a AIO the X61 would have my money currently.

and BTW that was in order, as I can change out the fans but not the tubes or the block.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

It removes heat from the water before it even gets to the radiator. That means better cooling performance. It's the same concept as a quad rad vs. a triple. More surface area, better cooled water. 

I did think about the answer.

The only way they could cool it, is to actually have this fins transfer heat that is attached to the top of the copper water block.

In order for that "blower fan" to work and do any job at all, is to have an internals in the middle of it that power it ( but tube is going inside it, so no chance for that ) and also it would have to have heatsinks inside of that enclosure and openings in that enclousure so the heat can go outside.

That picture is pretty high res, you see that from up to bottom, its pretty much sealed.

-snap

I liked rajintek new AIO more.

But the block isn't as sexy, if I were in the market for a AIO the X61 would have my money currently.

and BTW that was in order, as I can change out the fans but not the tubes or the block.

The kraken has the terrible asustec cogwheel type mouting system though... cringe. Once you use a nice metal mouting system like on the h80i/h100i, its hard to go back.

And I agree with you... stop using souvenir cup straws for water cooling tubing.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

The kraken has the terrible asustec cogwheel type mouting system though... cringe. Once you use a nice metal mouting system like on the h80i/h100i, its hard to go back.

And I agree with you... stop using souvenir cup straws for water cooling tubing.

I am going to be honest right now, I don't really know what you are talking about (I think I do but I have been wrong a lot of times in my 14 years on Earth).

Basically are you saying that X61 has bad bad mounting system

h100i/h80i has good good mounting system?

and that last bit I interpreted you agreeing with me about the ugly tubing.

I love how AIO coolers are evolving into new shapes and forms. Recent examples show this such as the Raijintek and now this new Deepcool device. Very cool guys, kudos for changing it up. Now to see if they can deliver better performance than some of the top dogs, at an equal or even lower price.

"These new coolers are targeted squarely at gamers with three versions available. "

SQUARELY

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H440 Blue/Black Special Edition   CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.3GHz    Cpu Cooler: Cryorig H5

Graphics Card:  Gigabyte Windforce GTX 780ti OC 3GB Stock Clock 1020MHz Boost Clock 1085MHz   Motherboard:  Asus Z97-A ATX Motherboard

RAM: 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 1600MHz   Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda @ 7200rpm, 128GB SanDisk Ultra Plus SSD Audio: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Wireless Gaming Headset  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core

I am going to be honest right now, I don't really know what you are talking about (I think I do but I have been wrong a lot of times in my 14 years on Earth).

Basically are you saying that X61 has bad bad mounting system

h100i/h80i has good good mounting system?

and that last bit I interpreted you agreeing with me about the ugly tubing.

http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=1328

It has a rectangular metal bracket that slips right over the top of the block without any rings or clips needed making installation and removal a snap.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/