EVGA acx 2.0

yannickverc

I highly doubt that. If they were trying to maximize the spread they would still have a positive pitch and the blades bent back instead of forward. The fact that they have a negative pitch means they will have a very hard time pulling air in at all. So this means that they are pulling air from the heatsink.

I would like to see you back statements with actual findings. The orientation of the blades is still inwards, and that's all that matters.

Hopefully they let you set the min fan speed lower than 43%.

My single bios 760 has an ACX cooler and is much louder than it needs to be at idle because of the stupid 43% limit.

They released a bios update several months later that let you lower the fan speed to 33% but it only worked on the dual bios versions and I'm not going to brick my card trying to install a custom bios.

I'm looking at getting the 980 and I can tell you I won't be looking at the EVGA models.

I would like to see you back statements with actual findings. The orientation of the blades is still inwards, and that's all that matters.

Yeah I just noticed that from the hd image someone posted in the thread. In the product video it looked different... :\

sry

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

For ogling purposes...

-pic-

If it really says ACX 2.0 on the side that's a nope. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

If it really says ACX 2.0 on the side that's a nope. 

Oh,come on. Others have dragons and shit  :lol:

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Oh,come on. Others have dragons and shit  :lol:

That's worse. Since they are red (MSI)

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

"The world's most efficient cooler"

-bullshit

DCUII is better and also quieter

and WTF DID THEY DO TO THE FANS they now pull air instead of push it?!?!?

Do they not understand that heat rises? Having the fans inverted is going to be pushing hot air from the GPU to the bottom of your case, where it will rise again and re-enter the graphics card heating it up even more...

Also they are using ball bearing fans, which get really loud. Fluid dynamic bearings would be much quieter.

You have no idea if that's true or not, this is a new version of the cooler and there are no benchmarks. The new ACX cooler could very well out perform the DCUII.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

-bullshit

Do they not understand that heat rises? Having the fans inverted is going to be pushing hot air from the GPU to the bottom of your case, where it will rise again and re-enter the graphics card heating it up even more...

Also they are using ball bearing fans, which get really loud. Fluid dynamic bearings would be much quieter.

I have not noticed the fan noise with ACX?

I have not noticed the fan noise with ACX?

Me neither, ACX is soooo quiet. Then again, I haven't owned a DCUII so Can't really know..

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

DCU2 and the ACX both have multiple cooler sizes/designs to begin with.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

-bullshit

Heat doesn't rise when it's being blown around a case lol, if it was moving extremely slowly or standing still yes, natural convection would occur. But when it's being pushed and pulled in 500 directions it's not going to rise.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

No idea if this was announced already, but EVGA just tweeted a preview of their acx 2.0 cooling!

Video

There has to be a reason why they call it 2.0 though, haha

Thye just probably addressed the "loose fins" problem on the SC line but i am sure it will have the same fans just a slightly different motor structure, maybe.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Thye just probably addressed the "loose fins" problem on the SC line but i am sure it will have the same fans just a slightly different motor structure, maybe.

loose fins? O.o

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

loose fins? O.o

Yeah. Some of the ACX coolers on the SC line up have loose fins towards the end of the GPU that has no connectors. This problem is on 760, 770, 780 SC versions. Some how the FTW and Classified ACX coolers don't have this problem.

This is a long in-depth look at it.

What 

Yeah. Some of the ACX coolers on the SC line up have loose fins towards the end of the GPU that has no connectors. This problem is on 760, 770, 780 SC versions. Some how the FTW and Classified ACX coolers don't have this problem.

This is a long in-depth look at it.

What they come loose or rattle etc....

What 

What they come loose or rattle etc....

If you watch the video the guy posted you would see the fin at the end are not joined to the other fins making them rattle even with the GPU at idle. 

If you watch the video the guy posted you would see the fin at the end are not joined to the other fins making them rattle even with the GPU at idle. 

I have had my card for six months works perfectly, will look out for the rattle though, thanks.

i swear every interation of every cooler out there is just a fan blade redesign. Look at DirectCUii from old to the new on gtx 780, or Gigabyte windforce 450w to 600w coolers.

How many computer programmers does it take to change a light bulb?

None, that's a hardware problem.  :D

I have had my card for six months works perfectly, will look out for the rattle though, thanks.

If you didn't get it once you installed it, it will be highly unlikely you will be affected by it.

i swear every interation of every cooler out there is just a fan blade redesign. Look at DirectCUii from old to the new on gtx 780, or Gigabyte windforce 450w to 600w coolers.

To be fair the ASUS Striker does have a 10mm heat pipe now but yeah mostly just a fan and shroud redesign. 

why is it pulling air not pushing air this just seems weird look at the fan blades

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Heat doesn't rise when it's being blown around a case lol, if it was moving extremely slowly or standing still yes, natural convection would occur. But when it's being pushed and pulled in 500 directions it's not going to rise.

I'm pretty sure people who want a silent gaming PC and run their fans at 600rpm will have a lot of heat rising and not much blowing around the case.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

if they'll only put 3 acx fans on single gpu, they will rock...

if they'll only put 3 acx fans on single gpu, they will rock...

that would be the logical next step.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR