My friend got Quad 780's.. (I told him not to)

Jimstah87

So yes my friend didn't listen and decided to upgrade his dual 780's and get two more for a quad sli setup thinking that it'll come in good use for when GTA5 comes out next year. Could I get some people to back me up here that was he did was a stupid waste of money, he games on a single 1080p monitor too : (

Seems like a teensy bit of inefficient throwing of money, yes. x3

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

dual 780's .................................+ two more for a quad sli setup,........................ stupid waste of money, he games on a single 1080p monitor too : (

1080p Quad-Sli

Idiotic Overkill Factor over 9000!!!

I'd change my post if he was using it for non-gaming but.... holy snapping overkill!

60hz? <-- if so... OMFG

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

tell him to give you some money as well... he seems to hve plenty to waste... Quad sli doesn;t mean 4times better performance... 

lol get a 3rd build of the week

Lol I'm honestly super stoked to have achieved two, don't wanna push my luck : )

At least tell him to get a better monitor like 4k or 1440p atleast!

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

tell him to give you some money as well... he seems to hve plenty to waste... Quad sli doesn;t mean 4times better performance... 

Lol yepppp, what I told him

At least tell him to get a better monitor like 4k or 1440p atleast!

Yeah he's fairly new to this pc stuff and kinda doesn't do any research, seems to just throw money at stuff without knowing what he is doing, sad for us who struggle to save up for a single gpu upgrade

I know a guy like this, I got myself annoyed too.

He's got the money, tell him to upgrade the monitor too.

Tell him to get at least 2 if not 3 1440p monitors if he has that much fucking money because single 1080p and 4 780's is just retarded

Guess he also owns a Bugatti Veyron and sticks to the slow lane.

Overkill at it's finest.

Tell him he needs a new 1440p-4K Monitor if he wants to ENJOY those 4 cards.

3440x1440p would be perfect.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Guess he also owns a Bugatti Veyron and sticks to the slow lane.

Overkill at it's finest.

O_O that would be horrible to witness

Tell him to get at least 2 if not 3 1440p monitors if he has that much fucking money because single 1080p and 4 780's is just retarded

No tell him to get 2+ ASUS 1440p 120hz G-Sync monitors. Anything at 60hz with 4 780s is retarded.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

He will be limited in the future because of the 3gb ram

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Ok tell him to get the monitors that @Osmium mentioned they will suit him fine and he will still be able to kill GTA V

Why do we care? Let him throw all the money he want, someday (not today) he will know that 1 780 will max out any shit in 1080p and who knows he will giveaway 3 780s

My current rig for entertainment/gaming: i5 4570 3,2GHz; MSI B85M-E45; ZOTAC GTX760 AMP!; 8GB (2x4GB) by Kingston; Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm; Corsair 200R, Corsair VS650; Dell U2312HM, Samsung DVD R/W optical drive; CM Devastator; Corsair MM400 gaming pad

He will be limited in the future because of the 3gb ram

Lol yeppp

Well even though it is a waste I say let him enjoy and rather be happy for him :)

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

May I ask what PSU he has?

Corsair AX1200i, he went all out, just doesn't understand enough yet about monitors (obviously) lol, lame!

steal a card from him he will not notice

That is my plan lol, if not two of them :)

Why do we care? Let him throw all the money he want, someday (not today) he will know that 1 780 will max out any shit in 1080p and who knows he will giveaway 3 780s

Yes we care, because one day we will be able to terminate all stupidity on earth.

KEEP BELIEVING.

Java Programmer, AMD Fanboy and soon to be casemodder