My friend got Quad 780's.. (I told him not to)

Jimstah87

If specs bore him use keywords.

New Fandangled supafast response /w the shiznit IPS behemoth tech panel for gamers and extreme people.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Yes we care, because one day we will be able to terminate all stupidity on earth.

KEEP BELIEVING.

My friend set my LOL setting to lowest...........................on MY GTX 760 just because he feels lag

Also he turns off every program just to make it smoother....................... while my rig has 8GB RAM and can game and do nearly 20 chrome tabs

This is why I've lost faith in humanity...

My current rig for entertainment/gaming: i5 4570 3,2GHz; MSI B85M-E45; ZOTAC GTX760 AMP!; 8GB (2x4GB) by Kingston; Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm; Corsair 200R, Corsair VS650; Dell U2312HM, Samsung DVD R/W optical drive; CM Devastator; Corsair MM400 gaming pad

My friend set my LOL setting to lowest...........................on MY GTX 760 just because he feels lag

This is why I've lost faith in humanity...

I saw youtube vid, where somebody build a 300$ pc and ran LOL on highest settings smoothly

Java Programmer, AMD Fanboy and soon to be casemodder

Well at least he won't complain his FPs drops below 60 hahaha

It'll probably be 200fps on ultra

Corsair AX1200i, he went all out, just doesn't understand enough yet about monitors (obviously) lol, lame!

Interesting... Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that only have 6 PCIE connectors? he needs 8 to power up all the cards...

hmm... lol...

Interesting... Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that only have 6 PCIE connectors? he needs 8 to power up all the cards...

hmm... lol...

Ever heard of molex to 8pin

Ever heard of molex to 8pin

Yes I have but I would never use that in an expensive build, especially one with 4 780's

So yes my friend didn't listen and decided to upgrade his dual 780's and get two more for a quad sli setup thinking that it'll come in good use for when GTA5 comes out next year. Could I get some people to back me up here that was he did was a stupid waste of money, he games on a single 1080p monitor too : (

although it is a complete waste of money. its just nice to experience it and learn about it. like with my watercooling i have no use for it. i dont overclock. im not a hardcore gamer. i dont do rendering. i was just interested. and although my water cooler cost alot less. still the same principle

4-way sli is not the most cost efficient way to increase frames but it can still benefit your friend in bunch of different ways. For example physx will run more efficiently and he can crank AA extremely high. Also, your friend is running 4-way sli, not quad sli.

Quad sli is when you have 2 dual gpu cards installed making 4 gpu cores on 2 cards.

4-way sli is when you have 4 single gpu graphics cards installed.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

Although if GTA V is as bad of a port as IV was, he might be on to something :P .

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Wow, that's a setup made for 1440p or 4k, not 1080p..... I'm sad now.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

hmm... lol...

Well he's probably noticed that, I dunno I don't talk to him all that much, he pisses me off lol, good to know :)

I feel you. I have a friend who thinks an i5 is not powerful enough for a 750 ti and is making a whole new build to house an i7..... :(. But your case is an even worse one than mine. I doubt gta 5 is that graphically intense and for 1080p? LOL. It IS a big waste of money. I back you up on this one.

Just tell him GTA V won't support SLI. ;)

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

Why do we care? Let him throw all the money he want, someday (not today) he will know that 1 780 will max out any shit in 1080p and who knows he will giveaway 3 780s

What if he downsample it fron 4k?

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Your friends going to get more performance than you then. Your friends going to get allot more performance than most.

if he doesnt have a 6 or 8 core intel-e hes really dumb

Even if he has, he still get bottlenecked at as hell.

Even haswell-E is not going to chance that.

But yeah at 1080p lol, the scaling will suck even with 2x780 anyway.

I think he wont even gain 10 fps average.

Even if he has, he still get bottlenecked at as hell.

Even haswell-E is not going to chance that.

But yeah at 1080p lol, the scaling will suck even with 2x780 anyway.

I think he wont even gain 10 fps average.

He will gain large amounts of FPS. 2 way SLI scales pretty well these days so he can get 90% more framerates with 2way SLI. The third card will add at leased another 25% on top of the 90% and the forth will ad another 10%. At leased 125%  more frames when SLI is working properly sounds good to me. PC gaming is still a relatively cheap hobby with great value so going four way SLI/CF is not stupid if you are into PC gaming. I think some people are just jealous.  

He will gain large amounts of FPS. 2 way SLI scales pretty well these days so he can get 90% more framerates with 2way SLI. The third card will add at leased another 25% on top of the 90% and the forth will ad another 10%. At leased 125%  more frames when SLI is working properly sounds good to me. PC gaming is still a relatively cheap hobby with great value so going four way SLI/CF is not stupid if you are into PC gaming. I think some people are just jealous.  

THe way you similate this, would be the most ideal way.

But i can tell you from now on, it wont be that way.

At 1080p it does not scale well.

If you realy wanne see a benefit of the scaling of those highend cards, you realy need to play atleast 1440P or up.

Till the cpu starts to limiting you.

And that will be realy quick, with tripple or quad highend gpu´s.

Even haswell-E is not going to chance this.

This has nothing to do with jealousy, its just how it is.

I allways state that for gaming, everything above dual gpu´s is just pointless for most resolutions.

Because the scaling will not be very well, and also the cpu will become a limitation.

I realy cannot think of any consumer grade cpu atm, that could handle triple or quad highend gpu´s very well.  its just overated.

THe way you similate this, would be the most ideal way.

But i can tell you from now on, it wont be that way.

At 1080p it does not scale well.

If you realy wanne see a benefit of the scaling of those highend cards, you realy need to play atleast 1440P or up.

Till the cpu starts to limiting you.

And that will be realy quick, with tripple or quad highend gpu´s.

Even haswell-E is not going to chance this.

This has nothing to do with jealousy, its just how it is.

I allways state that for gaming, everything above dual gpu´s is just pointless for most resolutions.

Because the scaling will not be very well, and also the cpu will become a limitation.

I realy cannot think of any consumer grade cpu atm, that could handle triple or quad highend gpu´s very well.  its just overated.

It scales excellent @ 1080P. I don't know why this buzz about SLI not scaling well @ 1080P is going around but it's absolutely bollocks and completely false information. 4way ALI is great but the problem is that many games don't support it well therefore 3way is the optimum config but the 4th GPU is nice to have when you can make use of it.

So yes my friend didn't listen and decided to upgrade his dual 780's and get two more for a quad sli setup thinking that it'll come in good use for when GTA5 comes out next year. Could I get some people to back me up here that was he did was a stupid waste of money, he games on a single 1080p monitor too : (

3rd card already scales bad, but 4th is complete waste. 4th adds like 10% performance.

3rd card already scales bad, but 4th is complete waste. 4th adds like 10% performance.

3rd card adds allot of performance. Vid posted above.

didnt he notice that he cant even enable 4 way SLI?

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

You are an idiot. Your friend probably is not a 60Hz loser and is playing a 240Hz, which means that the 780s will be in good use. Remember: 240FPS at 1080p requires the same GPU power as 60FPS at 4K. Stop assuming that everyone is a dirtbag that still uses 60Hz.

I'm going to throw the stupid card towards you. 240Hz isn't real, it's just a marketing scheme.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.