Is there a good browser anymore?

Mooshi

Though mainly an issue of Adobe's crappy shockwave plugin in, watching videos in Waterfox is hit or miss. Every so often, a video has a long delay before starting or a video freezes at 14/15 seconds in and forever buffers while the same vid loads fine in Chrome. Vanilla Firefox also lost its soul trying to be more like Chrome and gaining weight over the years.

Chrome works the most for me, but it's so terribly inefficient with handling memory that it's a joke to even imply Firefox is the browser with issues because of memory leaks. Being a heavy browser lead to 8GB of ram eaten up before, that same load dropped to around 3GB under Waterfox. I know ram is meant to be used, but this is just bad design. 

Opera. This is neat for mobile, but as a desktop browser, I found it more to be the hipster Chrome than anything else.

IE. Have yet to try the latest, I still have my IE is ewww no bias from the past, but considering Firefox went downhill over time, maybe IE isn't as bad as people claim it is these days.

Safari. jk No one uses Safari on Windows.

Bruv, get rekt. Also, you guys have weird bookmarks, and mine are pretty normal.

c07b6f14db.png

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Bruv, get rekt. Also, you guys have weird bookmarks, and mine are pretty normal.

Firefox is basically Chrome but for crap PCs right?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

-pic-

I used to be part of the Firefox master race camp, but we both know it has bad mem leakage and is losing its identity with each update. Something I did like from Opera was the speed dial system and that is what I use for Fire/Waterfox

3b1d78267c6105685e0a4a1216470d00.png

I reluctantly switched to Chrome awhile back. Firefox is honestly not as good as it used to be. I do wish Chrome had Firefox tabs because when you have enough tabs open in Chrome, it's pointless gibberish to tell them apart.

Though mainly an issue of Adobe's crappy shockwave plugin in... [does anything not suck when flash is used?]

LOL nope.

Mathlab and a lot of school resources seem to use Adobe as well. I use a lot of youtube tabs, with all that together in one browser it basically transforms into a Malaysian civilian jet.

What I do to circumvent this is I use Internet explorer.

No seriously, I use Internet explorer as my "browser to use between waiting cycles."

I might install Waterfox or Opera to use in tandem with my other browsers, but IE seems to do it "good enough" to not bother.

I use Firefox, Palemoon, and Chrome all in parallel to distribute the suck of Adobe so that I can manage 2 or 3 cocks at once instead of a ginormous bag of demon dicks (and a frisky Kraken for good measure) from loading up any given browser with too much Adobe.

I agree with Jobs, fuck adobe.

Error: 410

I'm using "Modern UI" IE at the moment and it's hugely faster than Chrome and Firefox

Compatible with Windows 95

Whats the problems with Firefox, I have been using it exclusively for years and not noticed any performance problems at all.

Nor does it use a lot of memory either on my machine nor my others when doing its job.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Mathlab and a lot of school resources seem to use Adobe as well.

Are you a mymathlab user currently?

Sometimes that shit tells me I put in the wrong answer when what I put in is character-for-character matched to the answer.

The thing literally makes me rage at my desk and at school.

Safari!!!!

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

I always use chrome. I really like the integration with google apps and the chrome store.

Resource consumption is not an issue for me ;)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I always use chrome. I really like the integration with google apps and the chrome store.

Resource consumption is not an issue for me ;)

I also have 16GB of ram to throw at Chrome, but that doesn't excuse it for being as bloated as Oprah at an all you can eat buffet. When two browsers are given the same work load with identical plugins and one uses over x2 as much ram, that is a major design flaw - not something to brag about being able to feed.

I also have 16GB of ram to throw at Chrome, but that doesn't excuse it for being as bloated as Oprah at an all you can eat buffet. When two browsers are given the same work load with identical plugins and one uses over x2 as much ram, that is a major design flaw - not something to brag about being able to feed.

When you have pages cached into ram it becomes much faster. Obviously this uses a ton of ram, but its very convenient.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Are you a mymathlab user currently?

Sometimes that shit tells me I put in the wrong answer when what I put in is character-for-character matched to the answer.

The thing literally makes me rage at my desk and at school.

I had to do this integration.

The integration itself was not very difficult, and it kept giving me the wrong answer and I was thinking "this is like first year equations how the fuck can it be wrong"

'lo and behold, when they mean evaluate an integral, they don't actually mean evaluate it, they mean set it up and leave. Because they totally said to do that.

If you went through and calculated this, my answers are exact, correct, and rounded to two decimal places.

uHBBI6I.png

5rQAv7M.png

There was another problem that I didn't screencap where I had to calculate flight time of an R3 flight projectile. I did not round at all until the final answer, where I rounded to two decimal places (91.82 seconds) and somehow their "correct" answer came out to 91.86 seconds. I sat there on the verge of tears and frustration at being told I can't solve a simple quadratic equation and me and my calculator are a pair of fuck ups. I even redid my calculations with everything rounded to two decimal places, zero rounding, and excessive rounding, and tried fudging data to at least come out to a number close to theirs. I couldn't.

This was even using their given equation, so that can't possibly be wrong either. 

I remember these values exactly from how fucking pissed off this had me. I went and calculated % error, I came out to 0.0435% off from "correct" I guess that's just unacceptable and I should just quit school.

Error: 410

I remember these values exactly from how fucking pissed off this had me. I went and calculated % error, I came out to 0.0435% off from "correct" I guess that's just unacceptable and I should just quit school.

Amen.

Safari.

Don't kill me.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

When you have pages cached into ram it becomes much faster. Obviously this uses a ton of ram, but its very convenient.

It's still intense. Almost as intense as that time I was hosting a Minecraft server and suddenly like 100+ Enderman spawned in at the desert..so many Enderman...everywhere

I'm using "Modern UI" IE at the moment and it's hugely faster than Chrome and Firefox

Some people here would probably rip you a new one for using that :D .

no, not, me I actually don't see anything wrong with the last versions of IE

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Some people here would probably rip you a new one for using that :D .

no, not, me I actually don't see anything wrong with the last versions of IE

Haha, yeah. It makes so much sense on a tablet though

Compatible with Windows 95

Links, lynx, dillo and w3m have the lowest mem usage of all browsers! 

ayy lmao

I use Chrome but, yeah, ridiculous memory use.

-·- BitFenix Prodigy M (Arctic White) -·- Asus Maximus VII Gene -·- Intel Core i7-4790K -·- Corsair H100i -·- G.Skill Trident X 2133MHz CL9 32GB (4x8GB) -·- Sparkle Calibre GTX580 -·- Samsung 500GB 850 Evo SSD -·- WD Caviar Green 4TB -·- Cooler Master V700 -·- LG 25UM55 21:9 2560x1080 25" -·- Logitech G600 -·-

mathlab fun

Omg, what's this? That's just terrible.  And I thought you were speaking about Matlab.

I feel for you, if you have to use it. You should just use something else like wolframalpha or wxMaxima.

I'm using and liking Pale Moon x64 v24.7.2 at the moment which is built on Firefox ESR 24.6.0 with some code from Firefox 31 and 32 just without the Australis crap.

Windows 10 Pro x64 with Open Shell

Vivaldi x64, HWInfo64, Macrium Reflect Free, SoftMaker Office, XYplorer pro

I actually have three browsers I use on a day to day basis...

When changing CSS code, I like to see what the site looks like on all three browsers, so for this I use Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer.

I don't use internet explorer but it's nice to have just in case I need to use it.

Another thing I wish chrome had was the ability to go Incognito with Ctrl + Shift + P (Like Firefox's private browsing and Internet Explorer's InPrivate Browsing) - Instead it's Ctrl + Shift + N - This is just a personal preference though, Don't mind going to the top right and pressing New Incognito Window every time I need to use private browsing. 

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

Gaming Community's TeamSpeak: ts.the-eux.uk

If I've helped you out, Click that "like" button to show me some love :)

TOR /s

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!