LTT 3DMark Thread

Without the EVGA Bot the Kingpin is nothing but a collector´s item. You need the hardware device to unlock the card. But the thing is the card and device cost around 1100 USD. For that money you can go and buy a Titan X ;).

You do get a boost with the 4790K though.

Also wouldn't mind the EVBot. Hardware voltage control xD.

Have both of you Gentleman forgotten about the existence of the Classified Voltage Tool.?

No EVBOT necessary.

Have both of you Gentleman forgotten about the existence of the Classified Voltage Tool.?

No EVBOT necessary.

Have that, but not fond of it.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Benchmark: Fire Strike

CPU: i5 4440
GPU: r9 290x
GPU Core: 1155mhz
GPU Memory: 1580

Score: 9731
3DMark Link: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/6358999?

Hit a new OC today! So i've decided to update my score :D 

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

CPU: i7 4790K @ Stock

GPU: 2x GTX 970 G1 Gaming @ Stock

GPU Core: 1329 MHz

GPU Memory: 1753 MHz

Score: 16291

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/6355527

You really need to OC that system ;). There's a lot more potential in those scores.

Benchmark: Firestrike

CPU: Intel i7 3820

GPU: GTX 980 SLI

GPU Core: 1327

GPU Memory: 1853

Score: 17678

3D Mark Link: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/4401159

Your CPU might hold you back a bit, pretty weak score for GTX980 2way SLI.

EDITED and UPDATED 3/25/2015.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

You do get a boost with the 4790K though.

Also wouldn't mind the EVBot. Hardware voltage control xD.

Yeah I do. But I have not yet OCed both at the same time. So it was at stock when I ran that, I suppose it`s about equal with your large OC. 

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan. 

Without the EVGA Bot the Kingpin is nothing but a collector´s item. You need the hardware device to unlock the card. But the thing is the card and device cost around 1100 USD. For that money you can go and buy a Titan X ;).

Dang. I thought it was because it came with K1ngP1n`s bios set. 

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan. 

Dang. I thought it was because it came with K1ngP1n`s bios set. 

No it doesn't all nVidia GPUs are part othe the nVidia GreenLight program. The only card where this doesn't apply is the EVGA Classified.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

No it doesn't all nVidia GPUs are part othe the nVidia GreenLight program. The only card where this doesn't apply is the EVGA Classified.

Kingpin is a step above the classified.

Kingpin is a step above the classified.

Kingpin is a part of the GreenLight Program, step above or not doesn't matter it isn't approved by nVidia just like the Classified is. Every board partner has to follow this program of nVidia. And they will evaluate every single card, to make sure it within nvidia's requirements.

The EVGA Classified isn't because it is a promotion card.

EDIT: Here's the link.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-green-light-program-requires-board-partners-to-validate-their-designs.html

Kingpin is a part of the GreenLight Program, step above or not doesn't matter it isn't approved by nVidia just like the Classified is. Every board partner has to follow this program of nVidia. And they will evaluate every single card, to make sure it within nvidia's requirements.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-green-light-program-requires-board-partners-to-validate-their-designs.html

That's kinda shitty then... Better to have classifieds or a HoF card. 

That's kinda shitty then... Better to have classifieds or a HoF card. 

Yes that's your best choice :). The Classified would be my first choice for an aftermarket 980.

That article is from 2012, the Kingpin card did not exist at that time.

Plus the card is officially called the Kingpin classified.

And both Classified & Kingpin Classified also fall into the "Greenlight" program.

Which basically meant that the card cannot be shipped with unlocked voltage & power limit, which they don't.

But Kingpin releases unlocked Bioses for both the classified & kingpin classified. Which technically violates the GreenLight program, but Nvidia hasn't pursued EVGA maybe because EVGA is an Nvidia exclusive AIB or because eventhough Kingpin technically works for EVGA, they can't pursue what he does on his personal time (or he doesn't).

Lastly, the Classified isn't a promotional card, google Msi 780Ti Lightning, that is a promotional card.

Edit:- Just to reiterate what I said earlier, a Classified is in no way superior to a Kingpin card.

That article is from 2012, the Kingpin card did not exist at that time.

Plus the card is officially called the Kingpin classified.

And both Classified & Kingpin Classified also fall into the "Greenlight" program.

Which basically meant that the card cannot be shipped with unlocked voltage & power limit, which they don't.

But Kingpin releases unlocked Bioses for both the classified & kingpin classified. Which technically violates the GreenLight program, but Nvidia hasn't pursued EVGA maybe because EVGA is an Nvidia exclusive AIB or because eventhough Kingpin technically works for EVGA, they can't pursue what he does on his personal time (or he doesn't).

Lastly, the Classified isn't a promotional card, google Msi 780Ti Lightning, that is a promotional card.

You can keep arguing about it no problem... as a matter of fact you see the KingPin is locked and the Classified features a triple BIOS... I don't know why you always keep on arguing about stuff like that.

But for me that is through.

You can keep arguing about it no problem... as a matter of fact you see the KingPin is locked and the Classified features a triple BIOS... I don't know why you always keep on arguing about stuff like that.

But for me that is through.

I argue because you are basically spreading misinformation, you don't know what you are talking about.

The Kingpin also has a Triple Bios, anything else.?

I argue because you are basically spreading misinformation, you don't know what you are talking about.

The Kingpin also has a Triple Bios, anything else.?

It's okay just get over it and move on. By the way get some hardware going and post some benchmarks here since this is a benchmark thread and not your arguing thread, thank you.

Alright peace.

Sadly my GPU won't be usable till midway next month if at all. :(

All I can do is watch you guys setup new high score with the TitanXs. :D

I think Nvidia lets EVGA do it because their warranty on these cards cover manual OC. So even if people damage their stuff EVGA assumed the costs not Nvidia. 

Alright peace.

Sadly my GPU won't be usable till midway next month if at all. :(

All I can do is watch you guys setup new high score with the TitanXs. :D

Unfortunately we all will have to wait until Vlad has a new mainboard. So the Titan X 4way SLI needs a bit more time :). His SoC Force died on him he said.

I will get my waterblocks tomorrow and probably do some benchmarks on the we :). I was too lazy to mod the BIOS yet but I will do that as well, then we'll see.

Why.?

More of a want for the EVBot. The controller does work great though. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Unfortunately we all will have to wait until Vlad has a new mainboard. So the Titan X 4way SLI needs a bit more time :). His SoC Force died on him he said.

I will get my waterblocks tomorrow and probably do some benchmarks on the we :). I was too lazy to mod the BIOS yet but I will do that as well, then we'll see.

Maybe Vlad should use this opportunity to upgrade to the SOC Champion unless he needs all the RAM slots.

Plenty of mod Bios available here

http://www.overclock.net/t/1546747/official-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-x-owners-club

The one based on Evga SuperClocked Edition seems to be the best. The Vanilla EVGA SC Bios is also there if you feel like modding yourself.

Just noticed the SC BIOS are not in the OP

Here Normal Sc http://www.overclock.net/t/1546747/official-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-x-owners-club

Modded SC http://www.overclock.net/t/1546747/official-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-x-owners-club/1860#post_23710076

More of a want for the EVBot. The controller does work great though. 

They go on sale on ebay from time to time. Cost an arm & a leg, probably not worth it if you ask me. But your choice.

Maybe Vlad should use this opportunity to upgrade to the SOC Champion unless he needs all the RAM slots.

Plenty of mod Bios available here

http://www.overclock.net/t/1546747/official-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-x-owners-club

The one based on Evga SuperClocked Edition seems to be the best. The Vanilla EVGA SC Bios is also there if you feel like modding yourself.

They go on sale on ebay from time to time. Cost an arm & a leg, probably not worth it if you ask me. But your choice.

That´s the board that Vlad goes with now ;). I think he just has to wait until he receives it.

For me the only 2 boards I´d buy for X99 OCing machines is the AS Rock OC Formula or the Gigabyte SoC Champion. All those so called OCing mainboards are just heavily feature overloaded and unstable.