ASUS Reveals Upcoming 4K Monitor

Sorry didn't see that before...oops

I posted this link in a thread....

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Peripherals: Logitech G502 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Red switch) |

4k monitor  ..  4k+price :D

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day . Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.”

I would like to see 8k (or even 4k) at 120hz, Now that would be SWEET!!!!

I would like to see 8k (or even 4k) at 120hz, Now that would be SWEET!!!!

Even sweeter would bve a PC that could push modern games at 4k@120FPS lol

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

Even sweeter would bve a PC that could push modern games at 4k@120FPS lol

Even more sweet would be a cable that had that much bandwidth... lol

An 8K 120Hz display would max out eight DisplayPort 1.2 connectors... lol

Regardless of system or cable requirements, i would still like to see it!

If Y'all didn't see the price was posted at 3799 at least according to engadget.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/03/asus-31-5-inch-4k-monitor-priced-at-3-799-39-inch-version-com/

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

Its a start, but 32 is still too big imo. I have a 1080p TV that is 32 and I wouldnt want to use it as a monitor...
need to be 27 or smaller!

Truth is GPU performance needs to get WAY better to drive ultra settings gaming at 4k...

My next major goal is getting 2560x1440 at ~$300
and getting something like Dual 770 or a single card with equivalent performance.
(Should probably upgrade from 2M pixels to 4M before looking at 8M...)

My System - Featuring Custom Laser Etching: (Out of Date - Need to update with current system pictures)
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11149-my-custom-rig-ft-custom-laser-etching/

Its actually a decent price point, I was hoping that 32" ones would drop seeing as there is a 50" for 1300 out there but there is still Time. I do wish though that the bezels were thinner, the thought of having 3x 4k monitors is appealing, if not crazy expensive :D

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

How good would 1080p content look on such a huge resolution look I wonder..

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

According to the verge is $4000 bucks http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/4/4394294/asus-4k-monitor-price-release-date-and-retina-compatibility

ps.: I like a bit the verge, but complaining that a macbook with a crappy mobile gpu can`t drive a 4k monitor is just stupid

after reading that article I couldn't help but flame the OP, why the article was half about his shitty Macbook is beyond me. 

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

If it doesn't do any upscaling it will look exactly the same ;)

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

after reading that article I couldn't help but flame the OP, why the article was half about his shitty Macbook is beyond me. 

Yea the biggest downside of the display is... you can't connect it to a macbook... 

It will look exactly the same, since the resolution is exactly double in each direction, if you scale a 1080p image up it will still be as if it's on native resolution.  No interpolation.

$4000 ? Yeah totally not buying it hahahah

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

What's wrong with these journalists?

http://blog.gsmarena.com/asus-new-4k-monitor-priced-at-4000-too-bad-nothing-can-support-it/

The writer of this article basically says that this display is completely useless because a MBP can't run it... *facepalm*

Wow, some people...

#KILLEDMYWIFE