ASUS Reveals Upcoming 4K Monitor

Nice but i don't want a 32 inch monitor maby a 27.

there would be no point for such a small size for this resolution, 4K has the advantage of having larger sizes without compromising clarity

Sorry, I thought that the writer of this thread said that it was between 1000$ - 1500$, not that he hoped it was. Sorry :P!

- winny3141 :D

Not to worry, If it's $1000 I'll buy one for sure, but I really don't think it will be

Fingers crossed!

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

there would be no point for such a small size for this resolution, 4K has the advantage of having larger sizes without compromising clarity

Then why has Qualcomm have a prototype phone with a 2560x1440 screen =577 ppi

Is it IPS? or PLS? please please please

most likely pls since that is what asus uses in their pro art series

Then why has Qualcomm have a prototype phone with a 2560x1440 screen =577 ppi

because they want to show off, it's idiotic really, I can't see the pixels on my HTC one screen, a 4.7 inch screen with a resolution of full 1920x1080

or the advantage of having the same size with better quality, 130+ PPI is still not enough to stop you from being able to distinguish individual pixels... I know I'd like a 24/27" 4K monitor... not that I can run many games at that res...

because they want to show off, it's idiotic really, I can't see the pixels on my HTC one screen, a 4.7 inch screen with a resolution of full 1920x1080

I would still want more like a 27-30in screen for 4k since I use a 27in and its a good size

Is it IPS? or PLS? please please please

They're the same thing.  PLS is just Samsung's version of IPS, like P-IPS or AH-IPS, every LCD manufacturer has their own variants to avoid patent conflicts, but they're all basically the same.

In my opinion, AA isn't really need at 2560 x 1600, let alone 4K. Since it is using an IGZO display, I know that Sharp is doing better than it was before; it was previously going out of business and needed help from companies like Apple, Qualcomm and Samsung to survive. Also, I am so surprised by the affordability of this monitor, the Sharp varient mentioned on Linus' Stream cost like $5K. All in all, I hope the HDMI 1.4 issue that was prominent on the Seiki 4k budget TV doesn't persist in this monitor, on the Seiki TV it was running 4K at 30hz/30FPS.

- winny3141 :D

4K at 30Hz is the limit of HDMI, any 4K TV with HDMI will have this limitation.  However this one will have DisplayPort as well so computers connected to it will be able to get 60Hz through DisplayPort (but not through HDMI)

This looks pretty nice but I hope they will release smaller screen sizes like 24 or even 22 inch for people who are on a budget.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

*throws PB27Q monitor out the window*

Who am I kidding my 7950 wouldn't even be able to run games on this lol

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

This looks pretty nice but I hope they will release smaller screen sizes like 24 or even 22 inch for people who are on a budget.

Why do so many people want this smaller.

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

4K for $1500 and it's 32"? No thank you...call back when it's under $500 and it's under 27", thanks.

Fonil, on 30 May 2013 - 5:50 PM, said:

Why do so many people want this smaller.

Because it's stupid having a huge 32" monitor on your desk. 30" and above(in my opinion) is a TV in my eyes. Also, what if I want 3 of them? I'd much rather have 3 24" monitors as opposed to 3 32" monitors.

That looks amazing, but there is no way that will come out in my price range. Especially sicne I don't even have a price range...

Sarah Jessica Parker

Current PPI for 20/20 vision on a 22 inch is ~110 PPI I currently run a 5760x1080 across my desk, at that resolution in that size your looking at about ~130 PPI I'd almost be willing to supplement my widescreen setup for this. 

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

I've got a 23 inch and a 16 inch (laptop) 1080p monitor on my desk. I've got a really good eyesight and still i sometimes find that on the 16 inch (+-150ppi) the text is too small. 32 inch 4k seems perfect for me, I've worked on this monitor at an internship: 

http://www.barco.com/en/products-solutions/displays-monitors-workstations/medical-displays/diagnostic-displays/6mp-diagnostic-color-display-system-with-led-backlights.aspx?tab=specs

772 mm (30.4")

native 6MP (3280 x 2048)

And it was just awesome...

130ppi seem about right for me and i hope, in a year or so, I can get one for like €750; (keep dreaming)

For $1000 I'd buy it, to watch videos, but I wouldn't be able to play games at that resolution... I don't have the graphics horsepower to keep it at a playable frame-rates... I also prefer a 27" monitor, but it's an IGZO, they make it for 31.5" displays.

you mean Asus takes the Sharp PN-K321H and writes Asus on it :D

FINALLY!

If it overclocks well, I'll be thoroughly impressed.

4K for $1500 and it's 32"? No thank you...call back when it's under $500 and it's under 27", thanks.

Because it's stupid having a huge 32" monitor on your desk. 30" and above(in my opinion) is a TV in my eyes. Also, what if I want 3 of them? I'd much rather have 3 24" monitors as opposed to 3 32" monitors.

Everything would be so damn small with 4K on a 24" monitor!

hello