ASUS Reveals Upcoming 4K Monitor

On the ASUS Republic of Gamers Facebook page, it has been revealed that they are coming out with a 4K display of their own, the PQ321 True 4K UHD Monitor.

So far, they have revealed that it have a resolution of 3840x2160 with an aspect ration of 16:9. It is going to be on a 31.5" screen size with LED-backlit using an IGZO display.

At the back of the monitor you can see that it has 2 HMDI inputs and 1 DisplayPort input with a headphone and microphone pass-through. With that DisplayPort, I'm most certain it will be at 60Hz.

No pricing has been announced but if it will be within the $1000-$1500 price range, I might just consider getting one myself.

460695_546522515404283_1244784969_o.jpg

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=546522515404283&set=a.300928356630368.72089.295429160513621&type=1

It was rumored to hit the shelves at 3000 $ but we'll see.

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

Something tells me this will be one hell of an expensive monitor... Considering how this will be the first 4k computer monitor (Other than the ridiculously huge one from 2002? Someone posted a month ago) ASUS can probably overprice the sh*t out of it and people would still buy it.

It's 16:9, not 16:10 so I'll pass on this.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Do wan't ! really curious about the actual price...

1000$ is cheap....compared to the 3 Titans i would have to buy to play on that thing :D

32" is a bit too big, maybe a 27" would be nicer. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Something tells me this will be one hell of an expensive monitor... Considering how this will be the first 4k computer monitor (Other than the ridiculously huge one from 2002? Someone posted a month ago) ASUS can probably overprice the sh*t out of it and people would still buy it.

Well Sharp was suppose to release their own 32" 4K monitor but ever since CES, there hasn't been any news that I've heard. It was expected to be priced at $5500 USD.

you can buy a

Eizo DuraVision FDH3601, 36.4 for 20K $

and another not full 4k display

Sharp PN-K321H, 32" for 5K

The Sharp looks suspiciously like the Asus, so i guess it will cost around 5000$

you can buy a

Eizo DuraVision FDH3601, 36.4 for 20K $

and another not full 4k display

Sharp PN-K321H, 32" for 5K

The Sharp looks suspiciously like the Asus, so i guess it will cost around 5000$

Oh, i must have been living down a hole  :P

Nowhere soon will i be paying anywhere in excess of $600 for a single monitor though, I think going for 3x24" would still be much cheaper & productivity efficient wise. Biding my time for ultra-slim (Not those "ultra slim" bezel monitors with screens not reaching the edge) bezel monitors before i go for surround.

If this will be upwards of a few grand, then they're probably targeting this to those that bought multiple Titans.

Do want! NOW!

Don't even care about price (much).

Anyone want to buy a Dell U3011?

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical

I think the size is fine, with the higher resolution it will still have enough PPI that it looks smooth. In terms of price, I think ASUS would undercut the direct competition especially since Seiki already demonstrated that it's possible to go under $2k. I expect $2-3k for this one.

But I'm no expert and not buying it anyway.

Wow so much good stuff today. 31.5" is a bit big though imo for a standard desk area. I mean your bound to be less than half a metre away from the screen so there might be a lot of head movement.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

it looks so beautifuuuuul

if only i had le money

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

if only i had le money

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.

The PPI should now be high enough on this monitor that AA won't be needed anymore or at the very least, just single notch of AA.

I want a 4k 23in, but I'm not sure I'll see THAT kind of pixel density anywhere other than a phone for a while....

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

if only i had le money

Oh god.... this is what I call a monitor at the highest

thing is with that price tag you would also need to spend at least a graphic card at 780/titan range

Better start saving up!

AHHHH LOVE <3 Maybe when I get a real job... lol.

The PPI should now be high enough on this monitor that AA won't be needed anymore or at the very least, just single notch of AA.

Mehhhh, not really haha. Try downsampling, in some games youll still need 4xMSAA at 3840x2160 to get perfect smooth lines, but yeah try downsampling if you have the GPU power. 4K gaming is awweessssome :)

Motherboard - ASUS P6X58D-E Processor - Intel i7 930 Bloomfield OC'd @ 4.01Ghz, 1.28v | RAM - 12GB Corsair Dominator @ 8-8-8-12, 1600mhz | Graphics Card - EVGA Geforce GTX660 SC 3GB @ +75mhz core, +500mhz mem | Power Supply - Seasonic X650 Gold

CPU Cooler, Fans - Corsair H-90 w/ Noctua FN14 push/pull, Gelid Wings UV Blue  | Case - Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2 |

AHHHH LOVE <3 Maybe when I get a real job... lol.

Mehhhh, not really haha. Try downsampling, in some games youll still need 4xMSAA at 3840x2160 to get perfect smooth lines, but yeah try downsampling if you have the GPU power. 4K gaming is awweessssome :)

Technically, downsampling is just squishing the image to simulate another resolution so it can't be used as an actual comparison to the real thing. You still have the same PPI as what your monitor ships with.

I know about downsampling since I was the one who introduced the guide for it on this forum.  :P

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/14001-how-to-run-higher-than-the-maximum-resolutions-on-your-display/