Microsoft Xbox trolls Sony (Destiny)

Hey guys,

I was surfing online about the new game Destiny when I saw this article on the DualShockers website.

Destiny-Xbox-Frangerance.jpg?8cfc20

Source:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/09/05/xbox-cleverly-advertises-destiny-without-actually-advertising-destiny/

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/09/05/if-you-buy-destiny-on-ps3-or-xbox-360-youll-be-able-to-download-in-on-ps4-and-xbox-one-for-free/

So in short, (I hope that I got that right :D) Sony had a deal with Activision that everytime they say or display something about the game that they will ref. to Sonys PS4 and vice versa. Since MS Xbox was not in the deal they made their own advertisment about the game in form of a parfume.to bring the message “smelling that something was up”. 

Well as far as I know that was only a problem for the UK but please correct me her. 

i think its a very creative and funny way to advertise the game for xbox and actually I would like to something like this more often for other games.

also good news about the game, if u buy the game for ps3 or Xbox 360 you can download it for free on the ps4 or Xbox One. I think thats very nice since on the Xbox at least u can transfer your save data.

what do you think about this ? is it just a sad and childish try of MS Xbox to get attention or is it a clever gag.

oh yes at the end, I'm very sorry for my english and if this is not new to you or there is allready a post about it, feel free to delete it.

• CPU: Intel i7 4790K watercooled & custom IHS, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact, RAM: Kingston HyperX LP 1833, 2x8GB, GPU: Asus RTX 2070 watercooled

CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ITXStorage: 1x WD Black 4TB HDD, 2x WD Blue 1TB SSD in Raid 0, PSU: Seasonic 650w Gold, Cooling: all watercoold with 2x 240 slim Rads, 5 Lian-Li Unifans

Microsoft, your Xbox one will fail...it's your Destiny.

Damn, that's a good pun!

CPU: Intel i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig H5 Motherboard: ASrock Z97 Extreme4  RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu Black Series 8GB GPU: Powercolor R9 390 PCS+

Case Fans: 3X Phobya NB-Eloop 120mm in front + 1X Noiseblocker BlackSilentPRO 140mm, rear HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB  PSU: Corsair CX600M  Case: Corsair Air 540 ODD: LG Supermulti (Yeah whatever)  Monitors: LG25UM55-P, LG 22EN43

the game sucked anyways

they are trying to get back the 500 mil in investments

Its 500 million OVER 10 YEARS!

Why do people keep spreading this FUD? All it takes is a little research to see the actual money usage FFS. 

Shit like this is just as bad as the console fanboys and PCMR attackers who keep drumming up fake controversy using bullshit facts. 

What's going on

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

The ad is good. Now if only the console and the game were good too...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

the game sucked anyways

The chuffing game isn't even out yet -.-'

4930k @ 4.5GHz - EVGA 780ti Superclocked ACX - ASUS x79 Deluxe - 32GB Tactical Tracer @ 2133

Why do people keep spreading this FUD? All it takes is a little research to see the actual money usage FFS. 

Shit like this is just as bad as the console fanboys and PCMR attackers who keep drumming up fake controversy using bullshit facts. 

yeah i wanted to edit the comment but forgot

anyways

what does fanboyisim have to do with anything

i played the game on PS4 and it sucked 

reminds me alot of Farcry 2 - whole clip to kill a single enemy and sometimes more

got insanely boring basically forced my self just to see the whole game

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

the game sucked anyways

they are trying to get back the 500 mil in investments

I assume you played the Beta then?

Yeah, everyone that I've talked to is really stoked about it. Pretty sure they'll have no problems selling copies and making that $500 Million (over 10 years) back... Fact is, odds are that game will probably double their initial investment.

Yep. 100% with this. Fanboying has gotten to such bullshit levels lately on all sides. Us PC gamers don't get away from it either, with the #PCMR shit still being posted in every thread ever.

People hardly even read the facts before posting anymore.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Hahaha

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

MS should just shut down the Xbox One entirely, I'm sorry, but a console running games on 720p 30-60fps is just sad. Calling them "next gen" is even sadder. Maybe if it was 2010 this would have been acceptable. But this performance in 2014 is just to cry for.
As Slick said he can't even underclock hes 4 year old GPU (GTX 480) to run as bad as consoles do.

Buying it as soon as i'm paid... Good thing i'm off for two weeks so I can play it ;)

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Off-topic question: Is Destiny crapsole exclusive?

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Well, if they released it on the PC they would definitely make more towards that investments. Bungie doesn't like putting their stuff on PC though. :(

I assume you played the Beta then?

Yeah, everyone that I've talked to is really stoked about it. Pretty sure they'll have no problems selling copies and making that $500 Million (over 10 years) back... Fact is, odds are that game will probably double their initial investment.

Yep. 100% with this. Fanboying has gotten to such bullshit levels lately on all sides. Us PC gamers don't get away from it either, with the #PCMR shit still being posted in every thread ever.

People hardly even read the facts before posting anymore.

It really let's you see the maturity of members here and the age and the experience.

To any adult, 500m over 10 years is nothing. Bungie has a line of credit of 500m over that time period. Nothing more or less.

They can take it all at once or they can take it as they need. It's basic finance.

The fanboys on all sides are dragging places like this down. And now look at this thread, turning into a "DIE XBOX DIE" clusterfuck.

Off-topic question: Is Destiny crapsole exclusive?

well they say this on every consol and pc but till now I only saw reviews about the consol game maybe the pc comes later. I don't know much about the game thats why I was surfing for it. so far the only thing alike about it its a online co-op game that i can play with friends...

• CPU: Intel i7 4790K watercooled & custom IHS, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact, RAM: Kingston HyperX LP 1833, 2x8GB, GPU: Asus RTX 2070 watercooled

CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ITXStorage: 1x WD Black 4TB HDD, 2x WD Blue 1TB SSD in Raid 0, PSU: Seasonic 650w Gold, Cooling: all watercoold with 2x 240 slim Rads, 5 Lian-Li Unifans

The power of today's media and the lack of attention span result in the perfect mix of misinformation.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-budget-nowhere-near-500-million-bungie-says/1100-6420802/

see 9th post

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

see 9th post

Sir, you just put me into an infinite loop.  Thanks a lot. :P

To any adult, 500m over 10 years is nothing. Bungie has a line of credit of 500m over that time period. Nothing more or less.

Uh, 50 million a year is nothing? What planet do you live on? Some magical planet where money grows on trees and millions are for the taking?

Uh, 50 million a year is nothing? What planet do you live on? Some magical planet where money grows on trees and millions are for the taking?

50 million a year is nothing.

In the game or tech industry? Yes.

With a name like Bungie? Yes.

A game that appears on 4 consoles with an install base of 100's of millions of console units total? Yes.

One of the downsides of people only skimming through headlines / articles.

MS should just shut down the Xbox One entirely, I'm sorry, but a console running games on 720p 30-60fps is just sad. Calling them "next gen" is even sadder. Maybe if it was 2010 this would have been acceptable. But this performance in 2014 is just to cry for.

As Slick said he can't even underclock hes 4 year old GPU (GTX 480) to run as bad as consoles do.

The thing is that it's a console. Most people don't care about the graphics (although this year, a lot of factors have changed this a lot). This sort of thing has been going on since forever, even with the differences between the Playstation and the Sega Saturn.

Generally, stick to the console that has the games you want, with the friends that you have, and leave it at that.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

You are out of your mind. 

Uhm, what? Can you please clarify your arguments then, and at least TRY and rebuke his, rather then just copping out and saying "Yo crazy". @Xorbot and @Victorious Secret are 100% spot on. $50 Million a year for Bungie and Activision is pants. It's nothing. GTA V cost $500 million (correction notice: $265 Million) and that was over what, 4 years? Most modern "AAA" games cost double or triple more per year.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)