Motorola officially launches the new Moto X

dizmo

its 500$ unlocked just like the predecessor

Well...where I live the old Moto X is still $800.

I'm out of luck then.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Really pretty. Shame it's an amoled.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

If the phone can give us a full day of battery life and the camera is at least comparable to S5, it will be a total champ $500 high-end android smartphone.

They probably should've gone with 5" instead of following samsung with 5.2". 5" is large enough for most people now, still the edges of screen are really thin.

And the new Motorola Moto X phone is now official! I'm glad they didn't use a 1 in the name, and just stuck with the original.

The specs are pretty much what most would expect from a flagship phone.

* Snapdragon 801 2.5ghz processor

* 5.2" 1080p SuperAMOLED screen

* 2gb RAM

* 16gb or 32gb non expandable storage

* 2300mah battery

* Stereo front facing speakers

* 13mp camera with dual LED ring flash

* 72.4mm x 140.8mm x 3.8-9.9mm and 144 grams

Bolded parts are the best part of the phone - everything else seems very sub par for a brand new phone. Then again Motorola haven't been one to be at the front of the flagship race. What's the price tag on this thing?

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

Bolded parts are the best part of the phone - everything else seems very sub par for a brand new phone. Then again Motorola haven't been one to be at the front of the flagship race. What's the price tag on this thing?

500$ on launch, like the old moto x

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

500$ on launch, like the old moto x

Sad then, OnePlus One is almost half the price for better specs :)

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

it is but i find that phone to be in another kind of league considering the way it sold also one plus as a company is literally a baby, yeah it offers a lot more bang for buck, but that doesn't mean its amazing and the best thing ever

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

the battery life will once again be the decisive factor (sadly they seems to don't understand that fact).

I was kind of looking forward to a MotoX but...

What the hell is this? There's so many reasons why I don't think that's worth picking up.

I hope Samsung doesn't begin to have a serious chokehold on the cellphone market.

Well if it is anything like the first one, battery life shouldn't be an issue.

I have a Moto X for a personal phone and S4 for work, the Moto X is used twice as much each day and ends the day with more battery life... And better cell reception (live in the country and the S4 can't hold a call where I never have issues with the X), less lag when using, not a giant brick, oh and it was cheaper...

I REALLY wish it had wireless charging though, I love that aspect of the S4.

Not sure if I like the idea of a larger screen though, I'll wait to see on in person. If they would have stuck with the smaller screen I would have bought it instantly.

it is but i find that phone to be in another kind of league considering the way it sold also one plus as a company is literally a baby, yeah it offers a lot more bang for buck, but that doesn't mean its amazing and the best thing ever

I have the OnePlus and I can verify that it is amazing and the best thing ever

(that was a hyperbole)

Anyways, the specs seem quite good, not entirly top of the line, but neither is the price, so that makes sense. 

Only the battery seems a bit low, although my One with its 801 Snapdragon and 1080p screen has a 3100mah hour battery I think and I get through the day just fine, so maybe this is enough

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

2300mah battery

rofl k

2300mah..?

the battery life will once again be the decisive factor (sadly they seems to don't understand that fact).

Right, 2300 battery on 5.2" 1080p screen. Are they just keeping people away from their phones or what?

Finally got PS4 Pro

android based os? 

Honestly the old school motorolas were pretty stylish back then! :)

Maybe this is going way far back but remember this one?

Motorola_StarTAC_3000.jpg

-------

Current Rig

-------

I still have 3 or 4 of those in a box somewhere. Even have both the analog and digital versions, as well as a MicroTAC. Threw the bag phones away though, too large to store just for the nostalgia.  :D

Yeah, the camera is pretty standard fare too though. Only Samsung is putting out a better one.

The processor is currently state of the art, the 801/805 is more of a stopgap between the 800 and the 810 series.

Screen size is acceptable. It's a much, much smaller form factor than the OnePlus which is way too big.

Not quite.

Factor in shipping and import fees, which you won't have to pay with Motorola as they have larger market penetration, and it rapidly goes skyward. $30 for shipping, more for DHL to clear it at the border.

It comes a lot closer to $500. The specs aren't that far off between the two.

I have the OnePlus and I can verify that it is amazing and the best thing ever

(that was a hyperbole)

Anyways, the specs seem quite good, not entirly top of the line, but neither is the price, so that makes sense. 

Only the battery seems a bit low, although my One with its 801 Snapdragon and 1080p screen has a 3100mah hour battery I think and I get through the day just fine, so maybe this is enough

3100mah is damn near a 50% larger battery. That's enough to make a very considerable impact on battery life.

Of course! I lusted after the Alphanumeric version for quite some time when it was released.

You know, with the extended back battery, Lithium batteries, and the holster. Yeah baby.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Looks pretty interesting. Either this or the Nexus 6 (whatever it may be) is my replacement phone this fall.

CPU: 3570K @ 4.2 | RAM: 16GB Corsair | GPU: EVGA GTX 780ti ACX SC | PSU: Corsair AX850 | Monitor: Asus PB278Q | Sound: ATH-M50X | Mic: Blue Snowball

I'm liking the iPhone esque metal antenna band.

I dislike the infrared sensors on the front and the two GIANT circles on the back though. 

Very worth considering.

My next phone will most likely be the Nexus line though.

i think this is going to flop

screen is too big, really need 3gb of ram now days and the battery is a joke especailly with that size of a screen

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Isn't that battery too small for that screen and SoC?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

i think this is going to flop

screen is too big, really need 3gb of ram now days and the battery is a joke especailly with that size of a screen

Why in the world do you "need" 3GBs of RAM on a phone?

Why in the world do you "need" 3GBs of RAM on a phone?

tabs in chrome while listening to music

Its all about those volumetric clouds