4Chan now has a DMCA policy

TopWargamer

Source: http://torrentfreak.com/in-the-fappenings-wake-4chan-intros-dmca-policy-140903/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Torrentfreak+%28Torrentfreak%29&utm_content=FaceBook

After doing without an element needed for safe harbor protection, 4chan has just introduced an official DMCA policy. The decision comes in the wake of the celebrity photo leak known as The Fappening and 4chan users' connections to it. In the meantime, the leaked image library has clocked a million torrent downloads.

4Chan is now suddenly not 4Chan anymore. That's probably over exaggerated, but this will definitely have a huge affect on how 4Chan posts are made, and what stays up. this news both surprises me and doesn't surprise me. It surprises me because well, it's 4Chan. I never would have thought that 4Chan would implement a DMCA policy. But at the same time it doesn't surprise me because with this huge celebrity nude picture leak, something had to happen.  

What are your thoughts on this?

And this [The Fappening] is why we can't have nice things.

COMIC SANS

Mother of 4chan. Well, it was bound to happen one day. But so soon? Damn... 

Main Rig: White Lightning  = -Intel Core i7 3770 (4.1Ghz)-Zalman CNPS12X-MSI Z77A-G45-16GB G2 Patriot-MSI GTX 660TI OC PE-Corsair 650W-Corsair 600t White-

Laptop: MSI GT60 = -Intel Core i7 4700MQ-MSI GTX 770M-

Peripherals: Corsair K90-Corsair M90- Corsair 2100-CM Storm Quickfire TK (Green Switch)-Logitech G700

I think The Fappening shows the level of maturity of the internet.

Yes, those celebrities are ignorant (non-insulting) of how cloud servers work, or how their iPhone works for that matter, but that doesn't mean they should be exploited and plastered on the internet.

I hope that gets enforced everywhere, in my opinion. Maybe people will learn that their data is not safe, so no more nudes you don't want people to see.

I agree that it does come as a surprise, as it unlike 4chan to essentially censor. However, this leak is extreme, and way over the top. 4chan is for trolls and some hackers, but this is just too much, and too far. The FBI will NOT let this go, they WILL find the people who did it. 4Chan can either do this, or get fracked by the FBI. Both morally and logically, they are doing the right thing.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Wow. That's the last place I expected to see this. Wow. I wanna cry. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I'll be really sad if anybody even cares about such banal shit and we really have enough time to bitch and moan about this

if anything the DMCA thing is probably just a preemptive ruse as an attempt to deflect the impending shitslinging.

A sort of "look we're fixing it and will prevent this in the future, sry"

Error: 410

Fuck The Fappening.

sorry, @Smooth Bunz

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

The pics are already on millions of hard drives. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

You know what I really don't get? Why does anyone care that celeb nude pics got "hacked" and "leaked"? Thousands, if not more, of accounts get hacked daily and no one bats an eye, but right when it's a "celebrity", everybody loses their minds.

Yes, it's wrong that privacy has been violated, but the real issue at hand is the fact that celebrities get special treatment for no god damn reason other than they're celebrities.

Therefore, I don't care about what happens here and I hope The Fappening continues. Why? Because no one cares about the average Joe.

Translation: I am a dolt who trusted my nudes to cloud storage and am entitled to ruin things for everyone because seeing my nipples is clearly the same as the end of the world.

I think The Fappening shows the level of maturity of the internet.

Yes, those celebrities are ignorant (non-insulting) of how cloud servers work, or how their iPhone works for that matter, but that doesn't mean they should be exploited and plastered on the internet.

I hope that gets enforced everywhere, in my opinion. Maybe people will learn that their data is not safe, so no more nudes you don't want people to see.

*UNPOPULAR OPINION WARNING* I personally think that anyone that  is completely ignorant of technology in this day and age SHOULD be exploited and plastered on the internet wall of shame  for all  to see. Growing up with dial up I was always taught that anything on the internet is not private....it just now seems that average joe finally woke up and realized this with the whole NSA scandal and various leaks ranging from nude photos to financial data. I will  admit I  am  biased as I work as a programmer and I am tired of the world making better idiots.....just makes my job  harder.

Go  ahead and ask the average joe as to what they think the cloud is.......  you will  be  astounded at the answers  you receive. In short nothing you  do on the internet is private,  it never has  been and never will be. This simple quote sums it up  " If it was meant to be used, it was meant to be abused". You want privacy? you gotta work  for it,  build your own router and manage your own network and encrypt your data on your network  and finally stop  posting your lives to facebook.

-snip-

The average Joe will point to the sky when asked about cloud anything. Celebs are not magical moon people with high authority, they are no different than you and I. People make dumb decisions all the time, that's all this was. These are hardly leaks in my eyes, it's the same as trusting a stranger with your house keys (cloud storage) and then being shocked duplicates are made. If these celebs really cared about privacy, they wouldn't be taking nudes with strong ties to the internet to begin with, it'd all be locally stored.

In short, if you want something private, encrypt and store locally. Otherwise, anything uploaded is free game.

Celebrity or not, I think we all can agree that everyone that uses these techs should learn how it works... 

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Wow, thats pretty interesting.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Can someone explain me what happened? Am I living under a rock or something?

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

Can someone explain me what happened? Am I living under a rock or something?

Celebs trusted nudes to cloud storage, cloud storage was hacked, nudes all over the internet, anons keeps reposting all over /b/, celebs act like entitled babies who thinks just because someone saw them naked that it's the end of the world, not understanding that private photos should be kept locally only and not in cloud, people treating nudity like it's the most threatening thing to mankind and worthy of so much attention with resources and 4chan being thrown under the bus because it's totally smart to keep private anything in cloud storage.

snip

That's like saying since I accidentally left my keys in my unlocked car, it gives full justification to someone to steal it. Fact is, you should not be stealing someone's belongings (that includes personal data), period.

I'm not condoning someone taking nude pictures of themselves and unknowingly uploading them to cloud servers, however. But stealing data, whether or not you think it's called for on someone's ignorance of cloud servers is wrong.

It's also the same thing as exploiting an old lady about a mysterious computer virus she has, and charging her money to remove it, but in actuality you're putting one on the computer to make her pay you again when she notices it.

Celebs trusted nudes to cloud storage, cloud storage was hacked, nudes all over the internet, 4chan keeps reposting all over /b/, celebs act like entitled babies who thinks just because someone saw them naked that it's the end of the world, not understanding that private photos should be kept locally only and not in cloud, people treating nudity like it's the most threatening thing to mankind and worthy of so much attention with resources and 4chan being thrown under the bus because it's totally smart to keep private anything in cloud storage.

I don't see the problem. This even seems like one of the few "brigther" moments of 4chan. (Don't trow rocks, I'm on /b/ myself :3)

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

I don't see the problem. This even seems like one of the few "brigther" moments of 4chan. (Don't trow rocks, I'm on /b/ myself :3)

I've been visiting /b/ since 2004..so I'm an oldfag. :P

But yeah, it's celebs throwing a hissy fit because they put their nudes online and then got those same nudes leaked instead of keeping them properly private. That's all this is, the entire thing is being made out to be more serious than it really is. From celebs feeling entitled because they trusted a service with private photos to neckbeards being obsessed over those same photos. It's a big mess.

That's like saying since I accidentally left my keys in my unlocked car, it gives full justification to someone to steal it. Fact is, you should not be stealing someone's belongings (that includes personal data), period.

I'm not condoning someone taking nude pictures of themselves and unknowingly uploading them to cloud servers, however. But stealing data, whether or not you think it's called for on someone's ignorance of cloud servers is wrong.

It's also the same thing as exploiting an old lady about a mysterious computer virus she has, and charging her money to remove it, but in actuality you're putting one on the computer to make her pay you again when she notices it.

Sure it is not a justification, but it does place the blame on the person who left their photos/car unguarded.

I mean by the same logic you could leave 4chan completely un-moderated, hey people should not be posting illegal content anyway.

But yeah, it's celebs throwing a hissy fit because they put their nudes online and then got those same nudes leaked instead of keeping them properly private. That's all this is, the entire thing is being made out to be more serious than it really is. From celebs feeling entitled because they trusted a service with private photos to neckbeards being obsessed over those same photos. It's a big mess.

+1

The irony is they throw a hissy fit when they also wilfully pose naked or act out sex scenes naked for all to see.

Being a celebrity puts a target on your back, sure, but that's the price of having a cushy, extraordinarily well paying (like millions and millions) job and living the high life. Too bad, it's happened time and time again and they should have learned by now. Keep it off the cloud and keep it off a phone.  

I don't understand why they would take nudes in the first place let alone back them up to a online account. Then they complain about it instead of realizing that putting it in a hidden folder on a HDD makes more sense, still their ignorance cost them.