NVIDIA to skip GeForce 800 series, GeForce GTX 980 and GTX 970 mid-September

Rock1m1

And what did we learn about rumors, class?

NAMING SCHEMES!

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

And what did we learn about rumors, class?

yeah, that's what I was thinking lol but seriously, it's not a big deal (I think) as all that's been changed is the naming scheme. The fabrication process, and the features the 800 series were supposed to bring should still be the same.

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

How many of these threads do we need?

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Well, I knew the AMD Radeon cards wouldn't make the 8000 series, clearly, they were the OEM series, so they ended up making the "R# ___(X)" series.

I think we need to put a screeching halt to any rumor regarding graphics cards.  Enough is enough.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I think we need to put a screeching halt to any rumor regarding graphics cards.  Enough is enough.

I second that. Can we talk about these cards if they are released already?

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

-snip-

Relax my young apprentice, save your strength. 

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I second that. Can we talk about these cards if they are released already?

When and only when they are released, or there is something definitive coming directly from the mouths of Nvidia or AMD.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

just naming no big deal

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

just naming no big deal

It's not just about the naming but the whole "new GPU in September!!!" hype. I think we have enough posts for that already ._.

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

Isn't this like the billionth post about this? 

Please. sure their Launch date is almost on spot and their NDA lift is right but this is enough.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

1) crap source

2) 14th repost

3) nobody cares

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I am not sure if this has already been posted. If it has, sorry.

Although it was expected that Nvidia Corp. would release its new GeForce GTX 800-series graphics cards for desktops this September and October, the company has decided to skip the GeForce 800 family for desktop PCs and jump straight to the GeForce 900 line of products.

Model numbers of modern central processing units and graphics processing units have been criticized criticized for years since in many cases they barely reflect performance and positioning of products and in many cases cannot even determine their generation. At present Nvidia offers high-end GeForce GTX 700-series of products for desktop computers. At the same time, the company sells GeForce GTX 800M family of products for notebooks. What is rather confusing is that both lineups – the GTX 700 and the GTX 800M – are based on similar chips powered by the Kepler architecture.

In a bid to avoid confusion with its upcoming families of graphics processing units for desktop and mobile computers, Nvidia decided to sell its products powered by the second-generation Maxwell GPUs code-named GM200, GM204 and other under the GeForce 900 moniker, reports VideoCardz.

nvidia_artwork1.jpg

As a result, Nvidia is now expected to formally introduce the GeForce GTX 970 and the GeForce GTX 980 graphics cards on the 19th of September, 2014. The GeForce GTX 960 is projected to arrive sometime in October.

Nvidia did not comment on the news-story.

Spot with this non-sense. there are 20 of these. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

STAHP with all the GTX 900 Series rumors! We'l never know until Nvidia announces them

Life.exe is missing

STOPIT

JUST STOPIT

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Until Nvidia officially announces something I don't believe in any of this.

There's a simple explanation for this. Everyone is expecting the new cards to be 800 series, but if nVidia changes it to 900 series then the cards will seem faster.

Honestly, this is it.

Relax my young apprentice, save your strength. 

My temper in regards to their secrecy

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs