NVIDIA to skip GeForce 800 series, GeForce GTX 980 and GTX 970 mid-September

Rock1m1

Um... no? The 750 Ti doesn't even outperform the 650 Ti Boost by much to my knowledge.

Yes it does, plus you can overclock it

Yes it does, plus you can overclock it

It's below the 650 Ti Boost at stock, and would likely need a very heavy overclock to match a stock 660, let alone a 660 Ti.

Wasn't skipping the 800 desktop series NVidia's plan all along?  Thought this was their plan as of earlier this year that they were going straight for the 900 series.

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 | CPU: i7-7700K @ 4.5GHz | RAM: Corsair DDR4 16GB @ 3000MHz | Case: Fractal Define S Mid ATX | Cooler: H100iV2
Mobo: Aorus z270 Gaming 7 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma @ 400 DPI | Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+
Keyboard: CM Storm (Cherry MX Green) | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M50x | Monitor: 27" ASUS 1440p @ 59Hz

What the fuck is going on? I want my 880

Same card, same release, different name.

Because 800m series are kepler, they don't want people to think 880 (maxwell) and 880m are same tech, so renamed 900

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

We already have that name scheme inconsistency by having mobile 800m and desktop 700 series GPUs. 

Now I'm just hoping I'll have saved enough money for a good 900m based laptop by next year.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Email from Catzilla that just came through may have dismantled this idea.

Gm207 would replace Gm107 instead of GM108 probably.

It would probably start to make sense why they skipped 800 series. because First generation maxwell was only the 850m/860m and 750ti. Now 2nd generation maxwell is coming out so it could make sense.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Skip 300 desktop series and 800 desktop series.... I am pretty sure everyone knows what this means...

Half-Life 3 confirmed!

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW