Hacker Group Vow to Destroy Sony

The PlayStation Network is currently down to due a bombardment of DDoS attacks. Hacker group, Lizard Crew, boast about how they took the PlayStation Network down.

Reportedly, The Lizard Crew are behind the attacks. Their official twitter page claims that this is the first strike of many to come to put an end to Sony, once and for all.

UPDATE 1: Reason given for attacks is, "PC MASTER RACE".

UPDATE 2: Member of Lizard Squad claims to have retrieved data from Sony's Datacenter.

UPDATE 3: PlayStation Network service available to some -- Sony fixing security breach.

Source 1: http://eskimopress.com/news/games/item/525-hacker-group-vow-to-destroy-sony

Source 2: http://www.vg247.com/2014/08/24/psn-ddos-hacked-battle-net-lizardsquad/

2uqoxnm.jpg

UPDATE 1:

Individual by the alias "Fame" claims to take all the credit for the attacks:

2014-08-24-12-21-36_zps72808f9l.png

Bv1gJqXIgAIPQ7R.jpg

Bv0tDE4IYAAvPx_.png

Source 1:

https://twitter.com/FamedGod

Update 2:

American Airlines flight 362, carrying "John Smedley" Sony Online Entertainment President is diverted after Lizard Crew claims bomb threat on board plane:

An American Airlines flight was diverted earlier today after a group of supposed hackers used Twitter to call in a bomb threat. The group, which had previously claimed responsibility for recent PlayStation Network downtime, appeared to target the flight because Sony Online Entertainment president John Smedley was on board. Smedley tweeted to confirm the flight, which took off from Dallas bound for San Diego before landing in Phoenix, was diverted due to the threat.

Yes. My plane was diverted. Not going to discuss more than that. Justice will find these guys.

— John Smedley (@j_smedley) August 24, 2014

The group had tweeted at the flight's operator, saying it had been receiving reports that Flight 362 from Dallas to San Diego had explosives on board. It followed the tweet up with messages sent directly to Smedley showing the two planes crashing into the World Trade Center, and the hashtag #PrayForFlight362. Earlier tweets linked to what appeared to be an image of an e-ticket for the flight, and suggested a desired affiliation with both ISIS and Anonymous.

Source 1: 

http://www.theverge.com/2014/8/24/6063773/twitter-bomb-threat-diverts-plane-carrying-sony-online-entertainment

Source 2:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2014/08/24/american-airlines-flight-diverted-sky-harbor/14534377/

Couldn't they have destroyed the console with the company I actually hate?

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Meh so what?

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Couldn't they have destroyed the console with the company I actually hate?

No Xbox is far superior to playstation.

-_- why? PlayStation doesn't have the stupid fucking Kinect overhead and it was originally cheaper too.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Wait CSGO, Dota 2, and LoL have been having server issues in EU and NA and its a reported mass Ddos....is this related? (btw idk if CSGO is still messed up, havent played in 2 days because it was so bad)

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

-_- why? PlayStation doesn't have the stupid fucking Kinect overhead and it was originally cheaper too.

The kinect is awesome. And if you don't want it you don't have to get it. Then the Xbox is $400

The kinect is awesome. And if you don't want it you don't have to get it. Then the Xbox is $400

792p. 30 fps.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Guess who didn't say anything about quality of consoles or if any console machine was better?

hint: its me

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

792p. 30 fps.

Not all games

As long as they dont do it when a gtav update is released

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Not all games

ps4 has much better perfomance, thats for sure

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Not all games

Acually pretty much no games

ps4 has much better perfomance, thats for sure

Yeah but I like the Xbox ones features better.

Yeah but I like the Xbox ones features better.

like what?

Sucks for them. All's I really want to use a PS4 for is LBP3.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Guess Sony didn't learn after the last attack that stole credit card info. PSN security sucks balls.

And both consoles are a tech embarrassment end of story.

I'd just like to point out that they didn't say "PC master race" as a reason for the attack. That was just a random tweet and the reporter added the "reason given for attacking" himself.

It isn't too far off from being connected though. They ramble on in the Tweets about how the PSN Network was taken down due to the Lizard Squad. Then follow it up with "PC Master Race." It's obviously an extremist point of view that someone would go to these lengths to take down a console related network in the name of PC. They don't really state any reason why they took the network down. All there is is them saying they took the network down, then follow that up with "PC Master Race"