German government might ban Xbox One

Best advise anyone could give is DONT BUY ONE

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

if the sales go that bad and prices really go down(like to 300$ or 250$ for base pack) i might buy one instead of an another graphics card

Still not worth it at that price...

Your paying to be spied on

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

So, if I've understood correctly the whole system won't work if you leave the thing unplugged? Is there anything preventing me (hypothetical me, I'm not buying one) from just putting a piece of tape over the lens?

I still think it's a horrendous imposition, just wondering.

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical

Oh wow, can you imagine if this started to happen in countries around the world? pmsl

You know, I expected this monitoring thing to be swept under the rug, for MS to put a spin on it and that people would buy the console any way but you never know, there may be some people left who are not sheep

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

attachicon.gifWatching.png

Does anyone get the reference?

1984 was actually the first thing that came to mind when I heard about the xbox one having always-on internet and always-on camera. haha

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

I think it is correct if they baned the x1 because if other company tried to record you at your home you wouldn´t alow it but tey think tha because they are a console manufacter they can do anything.

Noubody should by the console other wise  al this discusion will mean nothing!!!

So, if I've understood correctly the whole system won't work if you leave the thing unplugged? Is there anything preventing me (hypothetical me, I'm not buying one) from just putting a piece of tape over the lens?

I still think it's a horrendous imposition, just wondering.

Yes the xbox doesn't work if its not plugged in, its mandatory.

Pretty sure one of the requirements is for there to be someone in front of the kinect

for it work and in extension for the xbox to work (they would of thought about it....and probably say oh its a security measure!).  Otherwise everyone would just put the kinect behind something and never use it ever which microsoft wont want.

If thats not the case and you can just face it away from you or something, its still listening and possibly recording everything that is said.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Yes the xbox doesn't work if its not plugged in, its mandatory.

Pretty sure one of the requirements is for there to be someone in front of the kinetic for it work and in extension for the xbox to work (they would of thought about it....and probably say oh its a security measure!)

If thats not the case and you can just face it away from you or something, its still listening to everything that is said.

Oh wow, they're really smoking the good s*** at Microsoft.....

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical

Oh wow, they're really smoking the good s*** at Microsoft.....

Yeh, on the other hand I can't see it happening regardless, arnt there laws against this type of thing...like....everywhere?

Although they would probably get around it by making you agree in the ToS that information may be recorded and used at Microsoft's discretion or something...like they do in call centers.

Pulling that last part out my ass, but I wouldn't put it past them.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Waiting for the memes that join Xbox One and the swastika and references to the Führer.

Xbox One banned?!?!?

Hitler.jpg

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Zee Germans just wish they had thought of it first.

Seriously though. Good for them, it is right and proper for a country to stand up for the privacy and rights of its citizens.

Hopefully others will follow suit and M$ will be forced to change its invasive ways.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

Oh, the germans actually made a good decision for once [fu merkel :D ]

So in all the banning and cutting of games and movies, they actually found a decent thing to do fore ONCE!

Almost makes me happy.

The people that make those rulings don't represent the entire country at all

Can we get this law in Canada as well?

Can we get this la in Canada as well?

Can we get it everywher!

Yet another fatal blow to microsoft. Xbox One look like gonna be failure.

another reason why xbox one will probably fail miserably, at least this will mean more people will come over to pc gaming.

Sad fact is it will probably not be a failure. The percentage of people ignorant of what microsoft is doing or simply don't care far exceed the number of people in the know. I hope I'm wrong.

PC Specs:

CPU: i7-3770k OC @ 4.4GHz                       Graphics: MSI GTX 670 PE              SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB                    Case: Cooler Master Haf X      Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16gb 2x8gb 1600 mhz

MotherBoard: Asus Maximus V formula      Optical: Asus 24x DVD Burner        HDD: x2 Seagate Barracuda 3TB        PSU: Corsair AX850             Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

we all may be a bit biased as majorly PC gamers on here, but I do worry for the next gen consoles. That being said, there are the (inflated?) statistics from companies like gamestop that say interest is higher than expected for the new consoles. I had a conversation with a friend on facebook today who maintained that "PC gaming is dead....is has been for a while....there's nothing that can be done." despite me reminding him of things like the Steam community and perfectly healthy esports along with gaming parts specific companies.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

Good, either Microsoft get's their head's banged together to why the privacy thing isn't right or they are going to lose quite a lot of money lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Is this the power they talking about??? that the xbox will do most of its processing in the cloud_am going with "If you don't like anything about it dont buy it"

I think that it's great that someone is finally talking a stand against this, as I don't agree that you have no choice whether or not to be tracked. It's especially funny as Microsoft just has that whole Scruggle thing, with them complaining against Google's adSense giving cookie/search related ads or whatever.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I stopped keeping my Webcam plugged into my machine when not actively using it because I'm paranoid about someone watching me through my own device. This kind of crap has to be stopped. Microsoft is way out of line.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

I wonder what they will do if you just cover up the kinect with some paper or something else

Faith in Germany, Restored!

Sad fact is it will probably not be a failure. The percentage of people ignorant of what microsoft is doing or simply don't care far exceed the number of people in the know. I hope I'm wrong.

Sad to say that it is true and that is the reason why we are here to educate people who doesn't know this stuffs.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)