I was jelly of how quiet my friend's watercooled rig is

Askew

666d65906d86ae60934cf6d87a8f1888.png

It's now more or less inaudible from my chair when not gaming, just need to get a quieter card now (reference 670 with crap cooler) but even then it's pretty quiet.

Cost me £15 in convoluted studio foam and some double sided adhesive tape.

7bc4d943a36871062fd1f4d2435d9500.png

you should have put them inside of your rig 

also 

challenge_considered.png

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

@Askew do you like it that quiet?

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

I always have room fans running to keep the place an ok temp. noise to me doesn't matter. 

you should have put them inside of your rig 

also 

Case is sliencio 650 which comes partly lined with sound deadening material, it's now fully lined with material.

Case is sliencio 650 which comes partly lined with sound deadening material, it's now fully lined with material.

i am considering to get same case hmm i can still do this to my current case

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

pics of inside the case?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Nice lol. Def be looking at noise reduction for my next build.  My haf 932 is starting to annoy me haha

The airflow though

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

pics of inside the case?

Dammit I was hoping nobody would ask so I don't have to pull it out of there...

i am considering to get same case hmm i can still do this to my current case

Before I had Silencio 550, it was nice but a tiny bit small and had a plastic door, this one is just the right size for me and nice quality metal door, I like the fact you can close a door over the front panel and it has a concealable space at the top for a 120mm fan that you can open if it's getting hot in summer and then close in winter to keep PC more quiet.

The airflow though

It's fine, pair of nf-f12s sucking air in at the front and I have an 18C ambient.

Dammit I was hoping nobody would ask so I don't have to pull it out of there...

LOL

you need to make a build showcase with lots of pics ;)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You're made out of jelly? 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

LOL

you need to make a build showcase with lots of pics ;)

It's not impressive though, I've seen some lovely watercooled builds on this forum and mine is just a plain black case with parts inside....

It's not impressive though, I've seen some lovely watercooled builds on this forum and mine is just a plain black case with parts inside....

Still interested...

not every case is lined with two layers of sound dampening foam :)

Spoiler

Did you cut a hole in your floor to do that? lol

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Still interested...

not every case is lined with two layers of sound dampening foam :)

Maybe I'll open it tomorrow when there's some natural light, the camera on my phone is crap.

I demand more pics actually.

Case: Define R4 (Black - Window) | PSU: EVGA Supernova 850w Gold | Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) | CPU: Intel i7 4790K (Devil's Canyon) Delidded with CLU  GPU: ASUS STRIX 980 TI | Cooler: Corsair H100i with CLU | Extra: NZXT Hue