Correction of something Linus said in the 450D review

Cokeman

So if @LinusTech were to come on hear and say that I was right would you believe me?

Quad SLI just means you have 4 GPU's, can be both single GPU or dual GPU cards.

4-way SLI means you have 4 cards.

(At least, that's how I understand it, but it's pretty much the same thing)

No. Quad SLI = public-made-up name of 4-way SLI which is the real name, made by nvidia.

Quad SLI = 4-way SLI. The "4" or "quad" describes the number of GPUs NOT the number of graphics cards.

There is no special name to distinguish two dual-GPU cards or four single-GPU cards.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

And do you know how many people care?

It's a small number. Less than one.

QUAD and 4-way are the same thing. Can't change the English language.

It doesn't matter what they mean in English it matter what they mean when it comes to the cards in this instance.

So if @LinusTech were to come on hear and say that I was right would you believe me?

What what Linus said still holds true. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Now what do we call it when you have a dual gpu card and single gpu card in one system....

Now what do we call it when you have a dual gpu card and single gpu card in one system....

Triple SLI or 3-way SLI

They are the same thing idk why people think the name has anything to do with the number of cards. 3 and triple only mean that there is three nvidia GPU cores in that PC. says nothing about # of graphics cards.

And 3-way is the proper way to call it. 'triple' was just made up by the general public which nvidia didn't like.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You are quickly becoming the vain of my fucking existence.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

It isn't possible to do that with Nvidia cards.

a Single card (only 1) isn't scaled, so it isn't SLI (Scalable Link Interface)

a single dual GPU card is a 2-way sli (or dual-SLI, lel)

I don't see how that pertains to my question?

Triple SLI or 3-way SLI

They are the same thing idk why people think the name has anything to do with the number of cards. 3 and triple only mean that there is three nvidia GPU cores in that PC. says nothing about # of graphics cards.

And 3-way is the proper way to call it. 'triple' was just made up by the general public which nvidia didn't like.

Let's call it Truad-way SLI just to fuck with people that like to be nitpicky over things like this.

It isn't possible to do that with Nvidia cards.

Yes it is.

You are quickly becoming the vain of my fucking existence.

Lol, oh shit that's bad.

For the love of science why is this still going?!

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It's no possible to do a dual gpu card an a single gpu card in SLI since you can't mix GPU's when it comes to SLI

It's no possible to do a dual gpu card an a single gpu card in SLI since you can't mix GPU's when it comes to SLI

Yes you can. They're the same core, memory, etc.

Yes it is.

Lol, oh shit that's bad.

You can mix graphics cards for SLI. It might be possible to do this with crossfire

You can mix graphics cards for SLI. It might be possible to do this with crossfire

It still works.

Yes it is.

Lol, oh shit that's bad.

Very.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

It still works.

Which single GPU and dual GPU Nvidia cards can you SLI?

Very.

We all have those feelings.

Oh wait, I fucked up on the reading bc I'm tired...

Anyway then it'd be 3-way (or triple) SLI

I still vote for Truad to be a thing.

The ones that make you shut the fuck up.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

All of them that have an SLI connector and have a dual-gpu counterpart.

All of them that have an SLI connector and have a dual-gpu counterpart.

But they have to have the same processing core and memory and as far as I know there aren't two that would work.

But they have to have the same processing core and memory and as far as I know there aren't two that would work.

Why wouldn't it? Nvidia says that those are the requirements. So it works.

And here ladies and gentlemen is where the thread starts to derail :P

Or things get nasty.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Why wouldn't it? Nvidia says that those are the requirements. So it works.

Your not getting what I'm saying there are no single gpu cards and dual gpu cards that you can SLI