Correction of something Linus said in the 450D review

Cokeman

Im not wrong thats what Nvidia says how can I be wrong if I'm saying what Nvidia says?

Go to 3rd grade and learn how to talk. I immediately ignore anyone who does a run-on sentence.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Im not wrong thats what Nvidia says how can I be wrong if I'm saying what Nvidia says?

YOu said: They cant SLI because Titan z has 12 gb and titan black has 6, and different gb cant sli.

A: Different GB can SLI fine.

B: they have same GB because titan z has 6gb per chip, not 12gb per chip.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

To me, Quad SLI means two dual-gpu cards in SLI and 4-way SLI means 4 cards in SLI, but to be honest lots of people say quad SLI and means 4 cards and vice versa so I don't think there is a 'correct' answer, you call it what you prefer.

I think the 4-way SLI name is referring to the 4 cards in SLI, because there are 4 'ways' for the graphics to be processed, e.g., a 4-way conference call involves 4 people, as there are 4 people involved in the conference.

But anyways, does it matter what it's called? We're all here because we like PC's and technology so differences in opinions is good, but can't we embrace these differences of opinion and discuss calmly?

To me, Quad SLI means two dual-gpu cards in SLI and 4-way SLI means 4 cards in SLI, but to be honest lots of people say quad SLI and means 4 cards and vice versa so I don't think there is a 'correct' answer, you call it what you prefer.

I think the 4-way SLI name is referring to the 4 cards in SLI, because there are 4 'ways' for the graphics to be processed, e.g., a 4-way conference call involves 4 people, as there are 4 people involved in the conference.

But anyways, does it matter what it's called? We're all here because we like PC's and technology so differences in opinions is good, but can't we embrace these differences of opinion and discuss calmly?

Thank you for agreeing with me

YOu said: They cant SLI because Titan z has 12 gb and titan black has 6, and different gb cant sli.

A: Different GB can SLI fine.

B: they have same GB because titan z has 6gb per chip, not 12gb per chip.

Doesn't work you can never SLI different cards. And GB does matter.

Doesn't work you can never SLI different cards. And GB does matter.

They are not different cards... and GB doesnt matter. Really. What experience have you had? When did you get into tech? Prove me wrong.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Here you go Linus himself proving you wrong

They aren't different cards.

You can SLI cards with different amount of memory, but each card will use the lowest amount (ie a 2 GB GPU + 3 GB GPU -> SLI-> 2 GB+2GB)

before you say no, check coolbits

Right

They aren't different cards.

You can SLI cards with different amount of memory, but each card will use the lowest amount (ie a 2 GB GPU + 3 GB GPU -> SLI-> 2 GB+2GB)

before you say no, check coolbits

You can not SLI cards with different amounts or RAM.

You can not SLI cards with different amounts or RAM.

Ok, but you can xfire a titan z with a titan black

and you can Xfire cards with different ram.

Ok, but you can xfire a titan z with a titan black

and you can Xfire cards with different ram.

You can not do either

You can not do either

Yes you can!!!

You can do these things

Sli titan z with titan black

Xfire 295x2 with 290x

Xfire a 1gb HD 7850 with a 2gb hd 7850, and the others too.

Yes you can!!!

You can do these things

Sli titan z with titan black

Xfire 295x2 with 290x

Xfire a 1gb HD 7850 with a 2gb hd 7850, and the others too.

You can crossfire amd cards with different amounts of ram but you can't with Nvidia cards

Im just saying those are not the proper terms.

They are though, quad core is a four core CPU.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

You obviously didn't watch the video Linus says you can't SLI cards with different amounts of RAM

You obviously didn't watch the video Linus says you can't SLI cards with different amounts of RAM

Linus isn't always right

Linus isn't always right

Nvidia says the same thing

Nvidia says the same thing

They don't support it but there are easy ways around it

But the're not going to be stable that way. I only talk about things your supposed to do. Your not supposed to use some program to hack around that.

AND THIS IS THE MOST POINTLESS COMMENT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! stfu and gtfo

THIS IS THE MOST POINTLESS COMMENT EVER!

The real correction is that he AND Corsair called the front and top meshes 'dust filters' which, as a owner of this case, they are anything but.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

In Linus's Corsair 450D review he said that that he wished the case had 8 Pci slots. But then he also said "Well nobody should be putting four graphics cards in quad SLI in a mid tower There isn't enough room to cool them adequately."  Not true what he said. There is plenty of room to cool quad SLI in this case. Quad SLI is when you take two dual GPU cards and put them in 2 way SLI. And since they each have two graphics processing cores therefore its quad SLI. When you have four graphics cards in your system its 4 way SLI, not quad SLI. Not a huge deal just something I thought would be worth noting.

Your right there is plenty of room to cool quad SLI with two dual GPU cards.

However he said "nobody should be putting four graphics card" (direct quote from above) not GPU's.

Get your words right :)

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

Is this thread classed as constructive criticism?

Or would you file this under pedantic nonsense?

Gtfo already...